🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ted Cruz introduces "EL CHAPO Act" to pay for the wall

Ted Cruz has sold out. A wall is a waste of money and conservatives should be against it when it can be done more cheaply. That money should go to reduce the deficit.

Not when illegals cost the US each year more money than it takes to build a wall.

The wall is a part of the solution and no one can find a reasonable solution to illegals crossing that border without it. It is conservatives who oppose the wall who have sold out.
True conservatives. Those of "fiscal responsibility" would not support such an expenditure. The wall will solve none of our societal problems.
Done properly, the wall would pretty much seal our southern border which would greatly reduce the cost of dealing with illegals so unless you have converted to open borders advocacy along with the Democratic leaders like Clinton and Schumer, you will agree the border wall will contribute greatly to solving an important societal problem.

The border wall will be expensive and take years to build. It will not seal off the border. You can be for border security and oppose a wall so your comment is so much garbage.
The border wall will seal the border. Israel has stopped the flow of thousands of illegal African immigrants by building a high tech fence along its Sinai border and it has stopped the terrorists from Lebanon, Syria and the Palestinians with similar fences, so a proper barrier does seal the border. It is nonsense to say you support border security but oppose the wall since no one has been able to come up with anything that will do as well.
Congress will never fund any of it, sweetie
And Trump will never become president. I understand.

Thats gonna go over real well with companies who do business in Mexico as well as American citizens making investments in real estate
Ok, if it will make you feel better, the surcharge can only apply to individuals sending money to individuals in Mexico.
So if I needed to send money to a family member in Mexico i would have to pay a surcharge? I thought Mexico was paying for this wall?
It will mean the Mexican government will have to pay billions more in welfare to make up for the money Mexicans in the US will have to pay because of this surcharge.
How bout the fact that Congress will never approve a single penny for this wall. End of story
That's hardly a fact.
That is a fact sweetie. Congressional representatives from both parties in the states of TX, NM, AZ and CA will not support it, not a one

True conservatives. Those of "fiscal responsibility" would not support such an expenditure. The wall will solve none of our societal problems.
Done properly, the wall would pretty much seal our southern border which would greatly reduce the cost of dealing with illegals so unless you have converted to open borders advocacy along with the Democratic leaders like Clinton and Schumer, you will agree the border wall will contribute greatly to solving an important societal problem.

The border wall will be expensive and take years to build. It will not seal off the border. You can be for border security and oppose a wall so your comment is so much garbage.
The border wall will seal the border. Israel has stopped the flow of thousands of illegal African immigrants by building a high tech fence along its Sinai border and it has stopped the terrorists from Lebanon, Syria and the Palestinians with similar fences, so a proper barrier does seal the border. It is nonsense to say you support border security but oppose the wall since no one has been able to come up with anything that will do as well.
He still isn't

Ok, if it will make you feel better, the surcharge can only apply to individuals sending money to individuals in Mexico.
So if I needed to send money to a family member in Mexico i would have to pay a surcharge? I thought Mexico was paying for this wall?
It will mean the Mexican government will have to pay billions more in welfare to make up for the money Mexicans in the US will have to pay because of this surcharge.
How bout the fact that Congress will never approve a single penny for this wall. End of story
That's hardly a fact.
That is a fact sweetie. Congressional representatives from both parties in the states of TX, NM, AZ and CA will not support it, not a one
I see, you're confused by what the word, fact, means.

I support this. We should also tax remittances to Mexico. For anyone caught trying to sneak money into Mexico to avoid the tax, seize the cash and put it towards the wall.

That's hardly a fact.
I see, you're confused by what the word, fact, means.
Look it up, honey bunch

He still isn't
And you wonder why people don't take you seriously.

He still isn't
And you wonder why people don't take you seriously.
It was so easy when trump said he would build a wall and Mexico would pay for it. Now reality has set in and your kind is more desperate each day trying to defend that lying piece of garbage

Ted Cruz has sold out. A wall is a waste of money and conservatives should be against it when it can be done more cheaply. That money should go to reduce the deficit.
The wall is a part of the solution and no one can find a reasonable solution to illegals crossing that border without it. It is conservatives who oppose the wall who have sold out.

There are plenty of people who have cheaper solutions and they can be implemented more quickly. Rudy Guliani has talked about how we can secure our borders without a wall. Again the government only controls around 30% of the land necessary for this. So-called conservatives who support a wall are phonies.
So, you don't know of any other way to secure our border? Whether it is a solid wall or a high tech fence, such barriers do work and no one has specified how they would prevent illegals from crossing our southern border without such a barrier.
40%+ of those illegally in this country do not enter through our southern border. Just one more reason why this would be a complete waste of our money
the leftist position on welfare helps about the same amount but you guys don't mind forcing us to pay for shit.
How important is 40%? :dunno:
we have a general welfare clause, not a general defense clause.

Go after both.
Wasteful. If you eliminated the cause, there would be no effects.
It is foolish to imagine you can completely remove all the incentives for illegals to come here. The federal government can only implement E-verify for a small portion of the economy and the states must agree to implement it for the rest of the economy, so the effort to eliminate all incentives would first have to go through years and years of legislative battles in Washington and the state legislatures and then years and year of judicial challenges all over the country and then there will be substantial parts of the country that will continue to refuse to implement it. In the meantime, illegals will continue to cross the border almost at will.

Done properly, barriers work. A proper barrier with beefed border patrols will end the flow of illegals across our southern border, and with stepped up enforcement to deport those already here, steady progress can be made to reduce our illegal immigrant problems to no more than a nuisance. I agree with you that we should try to remove the incentives, but as a practical matter it can only be part of the solution.
Congress can mandate it.
Also, I wasn't just talking about that. I want no more amnesty, no more ER, no more schooling, no more anything. I would also like to fine the shit out of landlords, real estate etc for renting or selling dwellings.
ban natural rights for some? what a start.
what is a natural right?
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Senator Ted Cruz wants to use assets seized from drug lords such as El Chapo, the Mexican kingpin who was recently extradited to the U.S., to pay for border security and the border wall.

• The idea: U.S. prosecutors are seeking $14 billion in drug profits and other assets from El Chapo. They also routinely seize the assets of other drug dealers and traffickers.
  • The Cruz quote: "Fourteen billion dollars will go a long way toward building a wall that will keep Americans safe and hinder the illegal flow of drugs, weapons, and individuals across our southern border."
  • The acronym's meaning: Ensuring Lawful Collection of Hidden Assets to Provide Order
  • Why it matters: President Trump is trying to figure out how to pay for his border wall, which will require American taxpayers to front the bill, but Republicans aren't helping at the moment.

Great idea.

The current RICO law gives the attorney general control of seized property, and specifies what he can spend the money on.

Senator Ted Cruz wants to use assets seized from drug lords such as El Chapo, the Mexican kingpin who was recently extradited to the U.S., to pay for border security and the border wall.

• The idea: U.S. prosecutors are seeking $14 billion in drug profits and other assets from El Chapo. They also routinely seize the assets of other drug dealers and traffickers.
  • The Cruz quote: "Fourteen billion dollars will go a long way toward building a wall that will keep Americans safe and hinder the illegal flow of drugs, weapons, and individuals across our southern border."
  • The acronym's meaning: Ensuring Lawful Collection of Hidden Assets to Provide Order
  • Why it matters: President Trump is trying to figure out how to pay for his border wall, which will require American taxpayers to front the bill, but Republicans aren't helping at the moment.

Great idea.

The current RICO law gives the attorney general control of seized property, and specifies what he can spend the money on.
And Cruz's El Chapo bill would change that.

Except El Chapo has nowhere near $14 billion! The most he has ever been estimated to have is $1.4 billion, none of which has been seized by the US government yet, but what is a lousy decimal point in Right-wing fuzzy math land.
So you agree with the bill in principle but believe the funds the US prosecutors are mistaken about how much money he has. The good news for you is that the title of the bill is an acronym for Ensuring Lawful Collection of Hidden Assets to Provide Order, and that it will include all funds recovered from other drug dealers and traffickers. I hope that will put your decimal point anxieties to rest.
I would rather the money go to something actually useful, like drug addiction treatment than pissed away on a worthless useless Russian type wall.
Does Russia have wall? I mean in the real world, not just in your fantasies.
Not any more, they built it in 1961 and it came down in 1989.

Except El Chapo has nowhere near $14 billion! The most he has ever been estimated to have is $1.4 billion, none of which has been seized by the US government yet, but what is a lousy decimal point in Right-wing fuzzy math land.
So you agree with the bill in principle but believe the funds the US prosecutors are mistaken about how much money he has. The good news for you is that the title of the bill is an acronym for Ensuring Lawful Collection of Hidden Assets to Provide Order, and that it will include all funds recovered from other drug dealers and traffickers. I hope that will put your decimal point anxieties to rest.
I would rather the money go to something actually useful, like drug addiction treatment than pissed away on a worthless useless Russian type wall.
Does Russia have wall? I mean in the real world, not just in your fantasies.
Not any more, they built it in 1961 and it came down in 1989.
And you really see the relationship between the US and Mexico as the same as that between East Germany and West Germany before reunification?

Forum List

Back