Ted Cruz says Grammys are evil in response to performance

Is Paradise Lost offensive to Christians ?

Better to reign in Hell than serve in heaven .

Its seen as a great religous work of art. Certainly a work of genius.
Yes, he said the devil preferred to rule over evil instead of serving the forces of good. Are you under the impression that the devout Christian who wrote this was saying the Devil was in the right here?

WTF were they trying to say? A bunch of devil worshipers prancing around while a pretend trannie middle aged man cavorts with pasties on his nipples? Cruz has as much right to call it evil as they have to insult our intelligence.

Lol, still the absolute definition of pedophile. Hilarious
It was not uncommon in the South in those days to marry someone in their early teens. His career was hurt by this revelation and he was black listed. His music is what I enjoy and not his lifestyle. Chuck Berry was charged with statutory rape which hurt his career but he recovered and had many more great hits.

Black American artists, wasn't it?
Almost every great white artist copied black American artists. Elvis helped propel black music into the mainstream which opened up more opportunities for black performers.

It was not uncommon in the South in those days to marry someone in their early teens. His career was hurt by this revelation and he was black listed. His music is what I enjoy and not his lifestyle. Chuck Berry was charged with statutory rape which hurt his career but he recovered and had many more great hits.
Lol, well then don't hold that generation out as being more moral. I like his music also but do not hold him nor that generation as a model for morals. Today's kids have a right to listen to and like what they want the same as I did before I became an old geazer. I listen to very little music made after 1980. I am sure there is good music today. I however do not invest much time looking for it. I already have an extensive list of what I like and would rather just know I already like it than suffer through the turds to find the gems. Also there is a nostalgia for the old music for me. It reminds me if when I was young and strong. There is not an old man on earth that does not miss being young and strong and the time before you had regrets. The young and strong deserve their time in the sun. I had mine and do not wish to rob others of theirs.

Yes, he said the devil preferred to rule over evil instead of serving the forces of good. Are you under the impression that the devout Christian who wrote this was saying the Devil was in the right here?
Milton was always right. Perhaps the poem is too nuanced for you to grasp.

Lol, well then don't hold that generation out as being more moral. I like his music also but do not hold him nor that generation as a model for morals. Today's kids have a right to listen to and like what they want the same as I did before I became an old geazer. I listen to very little music made after 1980. I am sure there is good music today. I however do not invest much time looking for it. I already have an extensive list of what I like and would rather just know I already like it than suffer through the turds to find the gems. Also there is a nostalgia for the old music for me. It reminds me if when I was young and strong. There is not an old man on earth that does not miss being young and strong and the time before you had regrets. The young and strong deserve their time in the sun. I had mine and do not wish to rob others of theirs.
I am here to comment on music and not the morals of performers. I never said early rock artists were squeaky clean.

Apparently one bloke dressed up as the devil and did a dance in a cage or something.

The artists are delighted at the extra attention that he has brought them. Kerching !!

The fake christians have never understood art or rock and roll have th.ey ? Cruz would gave been condemning Elvis and Little Richard back in the day.

Until one of them said something mean about Mrs Cruz. Then Ted would have rolled over so that they could rub his belly..

I wonder what Ted would have made of Paradise Lost ? Beelzebub is the hero of that poem and he gets all .the best lines..

The loony right makes an ass of itself again.
It did look evil...wasn't that the point? Why does it make anyone "loony" for acknowleding the point of the performance?

Surely the intent was to be provocative and outrageous and to insult the core values of the majority of Americans but it seems to have backfired like the old Mel Brooks movie "The Producers". They could have dressed like Nazis but that would be pushing the envelope too far. The question is if Nazis are evil why isn't the Devil evil also?

Forum List

Back