Ted Cruz says he would roll back all of Obama's Executive Orders

Hooray!

He just got my vote.

If you live by the pen you die by the pen - The Washington Post

“If you live by the pen, you die by the pen”

Ted Cruz would spend his first day in office trying to undo some of Barack Obama’s biggest achievements via executive order. In a wide-ranging interview about how he’d spend his first 100 days as president if he won, the Texas GOP senator pledged to roll back more than just the president’s controversial orders related to immigration. “If you live by the pen, you die by the pen,” Cruz said by phone Tuesday, as he traveled from Dallas to an afternoon tour of the Southern border. “Everything put in place by executive order can be undone by executive order.”

Sure he would.

A funny thing happens to the politicians who move from the Congress to the White House. After years of bitching about the Executive branch circumventing Congress, they suddenly decide the Executive needs all the power he can get.
I've noticed that recently.

A funny thing happens to the politicians who move from the Congress to the White House. After years of bitching about the Executive branch circumventing Congress, they suddenly decide the Executive needs all the power he can get.

Really? I've noticed it since the 60's.

Kennedy and Obama?
ok

Every president, without exception. And the only reason I only go back to the 60's is because I was too young to pay attention before then. This goes back to Washington. If you think Cruz wouldn't do it, you are seriously fooling yourself.

Kennedy and Obama?
ok

Every president, without exception. And the only reason I only go back to the 60's is because I was too young to pay attention before then. This goes back to Washington. If you think Cruz wouldn't do it, you are seriously fooling yourself.

"A funny thing happens to the politicians who move from the Congress to the White House."

the only two I can think of that went from Congress to the WH were Kennedy and Obama.

Most of the rest were governors, and VPs.

Kennedy and Obama?
ok

"A funny thing happens to the politicians who move from the Congress to the White House."

the only two I can think of that went from Congress to the WH were Kennedy and Obama.

Most of the rest were governors, and VPs.

Ok. I concede.

Ironic post is ironic.
08obamaexecpwr_v1.jpg

Ted Cruz is already one of my favorites, and it is exactly because I believe he will do everything possible to roll back liberal insanity. It truly is the only way we can survive as a nation.

Ironic post is ironic.
08obamaexecpwr_v1.jpg
That graphic supports exactly what I said.

Once Senator Obama became President Obama, his perspective completely changed. So it will go if Senator Cruz becomes President Cruz. He may or may not delete all of Obama's EOs, but you can be sure he would write quite a few of his own. And he would probably write quite a few signing statements like Bush did.

Wait for liberals to explode when Pres Cruz rolls back a bunch of EOs and they claim he is exceeding his authority.
Because they're hypocrites.
Don't hold your breath bro....That blithering idiot will NEVER be in a position to roll back anything more significant than his bed spread..

So Rafael says he will roll back the EOs affecting immigration, because he doesn't need the Hispanic vote.

Also this:

I intend to do everything possible to make 2016 a referendum on repealing Obamacare and adopting a flat tax," he said.

Bully for you, Teddy! I hate ObamaCare. But whatcha gonna replace it with? Let's hear it.

As for the flat tax, that is demagoguery. You could fill out your taxes on a postcard with the current tax brackets, dontcha know. It's all them tax expenditures which cause you to have to fill out pages and pages and pages of forms, and that won't change with a flat tax. A flat tax without changing the tax expenditures is a huge tax hike on lower incomes. And it will increase the debt.
Obama care does not need to be "replaced".
The system could be dramatically simplified....
Allow insurers to do business across state lines.
No more mandates on coverage and the requirement to use coverage....Yeah, that second one....Few people know about that one.....
That means even if one wishes to be a cash patient, they must disclose to the provider if they have health insurance. In the case of yes, the provider MUST bill the insurance carrier for services....That's bullshit.
Now, here comes the "but what about..."

One other resume enhancement any GOP can carry is how much foam builds up on a moonbat's chin when you even mention a candidate's name.

Notice when you mention Bush, or Christie Cream:

Now mention Cruz, Walker, Paul:

So Rafael says he will roll back the EOs affecting immigration, because he doesn't need the Hispanic vote.

Also this:

I intend to do everything possible to make 2016 a referendum on repealing Obamacare and adopting a flat tax," he said.

Bully for you, Teddy! I hate ObamaCare. But whatcha gonna replace it with? Let's hear it.

As for the flat tax, that is demagoguery. You could fill out your taxes on a postcard with the current tax brackets, dontcha know. It's all them tax expenditures which cause you to have to fill out pages and pages and pages of forms, and that won't change with a flat tax. A flat tax without changing the tax expenditures is a huge tax hike on lower incomes. And it will increase the debt.
Obama care does not need to be "replaced".
The system could be dramatically simplified....
Allow insurers to do business across state lines.
No more mandates on coverage and the requirement to use coverage....Yeah, that second one....Few people know about that one.....
That means even if one wishes to be a cash patient, they must disclose to the provider if they have health insurance. In the case of yes, the provider MUST bill the insurance carrier for services....That's bullshit.
Now, here comes the "but what about..."
Everything you said would require legislation. Thus, that legislation would be the replacement for ObamaCare.

I would like to see Rafael's replacement legislation.

Ironic post is ironic.
08obamaexecpwr_v1.jpg
That graphic supports exactly what I said.

Once Senator Obama became President Obama, his perspective completely changed. So it will go if Senator Cruz becomes President Cruz. He may or may not delete all of Obama's EOs, but you can be sure he would write quite a few of his own. And he would probably write quite a few signing statements like Bush did.
Straw man much?
There has only been one congressman who complained about executive over reach and then went on to become president. That man: Barack Obama.

Forum List

Back