Ted Cruz Says SCOTUS 'Clearly Wrong' to Legalize Gay Marriage

Overturning Obergefell would allow states that don't go for this new societal innovation to opt out.
States have to honor contracts issued in other states. It is in the Constitution

How do you handle Gay Couples married in another state?
How about married same sex military couples who are stationed in your state?

Thomas made that clear in the Roe ruling and now Cruz is trying to set the ground work for it.

We need to rid ourselves of these radical Republicans...NOW

What's so "radical" about marriage between a man and a broad? Hell, even in crazy left California, the people voted against Gay Marriage when they had a chance.

I'm sure there are any number of ships and planes leaving for Australia, the Far East, S. America and Europe tonight. Other than that, SCREW YOU, the one group that isn't budging an inch for you is we AMERICANS. :fu:

PS: I didn't offer you Canada because I wouldn't wish you on them.

States have to honor contracts issued in other states. It is in the Constitution

How do you handle Gay Couples married in another state?

Do states have to do that at all?

After all, New York City won't honor the contract issued to me in Mercer County acknowledging my right to bear concealed firearms.

Overturning Obergefell would allow states that don't go for this new societal innovation to opt out.
It would allow states to discriminate and deny access to marriage to gay couples despite the fact that no state -in all of the years of protracted litigation- was able to establish a compelling government /societal reason, or even a rational basis for banning same sex marriage

It would allow states to discriminate and deny access to marriage to gay couples despite the fact that no state -in all of the years of protracted litigation- was able to establish a compelling government /societal reason, or even a rational basis for banning same sex marriage
But Ted Cruz doesn’t like it

I'm sure there are any number of ships and planes leaving for Australia, the Far East, S. America and Europe tonight. Other than that, SCREW YOU, the one group that isn't budging an inch for you is we AMERICANS. :fu:

PS: I didn't offer you Canada because I wouldn't wish you on them.
I’m going nowhere. This is my country . But I will do everything in my power to rid our government of you radical scumbags

Thomas made that clear in the Roe ruling and now Cruz is trying to set the ground work for it.

Nothing radical about it at all, it's a pretty moderate position honestly, and not even a "left-right" issue, just an issue of normalcy versus extremism.

And good luck ridding yourself of Supreme Court justice who are appointed for life, he he he.

I predict it will be gone sometime this decade - maybe in other parts of the Western world as well, particularly if they have high percentages of Muslim immigrants or refugees.

Absolutely. And the SCOTUS will overturn it.

And then an entrepreneurial leftist will bring a challenge to interracial marriage to force the court to blatantly contradict itself. Which it will do.

Absolutely. And the SCOTUS will overturn it.

And then an entrepreneurial leftist will bring a challenge to interracial marriage to force the court to blatantly contradict itself. Which it will do.
It doesn't matter if they "contradict" themselves - it won't have any bearing on same-sex marriage being overturned. They can make a reasonable exception for interaxial marriage.

Just how arguments for the basis of interracial marriages are on entirely different grounds than those for same-sex marriage anyway, and prohibiting the latter but not the former isn't contradictory to begin with.

Forum List

Back