Ted Cruz Says SCOTUS 'Clearly Wrong' to Legalize Gay Marriage

That is marriage
Right, I'd include a grandfather clause for people who "had" the ability to procreate at some point in their life (e.x. elderly couples).

Or people who would normally have the ability to procreate except for some type of disease (e.x. a disease which prevents a man or woman from procreating who could otherwise procreate normally).

If they're born without the ability to procreate with their preferred partner at all, and not simply as a result of an abnormal disease - then no.

Only a matter of time before the TRUMP court strikes down same sex marriage

The only question is will they just overrule it or start by allowing business to deny service for “religious reasons”
I'm not sure I understand how folks like you think.

Please explain why it is all right for businesses to refuse service to Trump supporters, but not to folks that Christians believe are immoral?

Why should the 14th amendment take precedence over the First Amendment in some cases, but not others?

well i think that's a good thing...let each state decide for themselves if they want to legalize same sex marriage. You got a problem with letting the citizens decide? is there a problem there??

Plus even if the courts overturned interracial marriage, the worst thing that would happen is that it would just become a "states' rights" issue.

Some states might ban it, but even that is unlikely - and some states would codify it and become popular destinations for "marriage tourism" akin to Las Vegas. That is all.

Plus even if the courts overturned interracial marriage, the worst thing that would happen is that it would just become a "states' rights" issue.

Some states might ban it, but even that is unlikely - and some states would codify it and become popular destinations for "marriage tourism" akin to Las Vegas. That is all.

Considering the fact that both blacks and whites belong to the same race- The Human Race- I can't see who this would affect? Maybe someone who wants to marry a horse, sheep or monkey?

Only a matter of time before the TRUMP court strikes down same sex marriage

The only question is will they just overrule it or start by allowing business to deny service for “religious reasons”
It should just be overruled - there shouldn't be any "religious reason" necessary to deny it - it should be denied solely for reasons based on reality, and if anything a "religious reason" should be needed to to allow it to begin with, not the other way around..

It should just be overruled - there shouldn't be any "religious reason" necessary to deny it - it should be denied solely for reasons based on reality, and if anything a "religious reason" should be needed to to allow it to begin with, not the other way around..
what is your reality?

-------------------------------------
I just knew it would come up soon.
Now THAT idea I like!! Homosexuals "marrying" is just nuts.

At least, they can do as they like, but it shouldn't be state-sanctioned and called "marriage." Sick.

Marriage should be reserved for people who have the ability to procreate.
So if a woman is “barren” or a man can’t produce viable sperm they shouldn’t be allowed to marry?

Interesting

14th amendment is not

States don’t get to pick which marriages they like and which they consider “yucky”
It's not a matter of "picking marriage" - it's just a matter of distinguishing marriage from that which is not a marriage (e.x. same-sex unions) to begin with.

Forum List

Back