Ted Cruz Says SCOTUS 'Clearly Wrong' to Legalize Gay Marriage

the quoran is even more specific on this, so is the torah. Jews, Christians, and muslims, and most pagans, all agree that homosexuality is a perversion.
Yeah ---- there are several serious taboos that cross nearly all geographic, racial, cultural, religious barriers. I've been thinking about this, and it's always about disease. Cannibalism, notably: you eat other people, you catch WHATEVER they've got because human to human disease transmission is a given in that case, from both butchering and consuming. I grokked that in the Sterling dystopic novel Dies the Fire when the cannibal bandits all had sores and boils all over and were generally sick and running down. In our lifetimes there has continued cannibalism in New Guinea, Africa, and I think Utter Pradesh in India, a totally wild area. New Guinea has kuru, that brain disease like Mad Cow that is directly from cannibalism and none of them live long there. The WHO has tried to stop it, I don't know with what success.

Incest of course is a terrible problem with retardation and many really disfiguring defects, such as the Hapsburg jaw --- European royalty was so inbred that one Hapsburg monarch could not chew and a number had hemophilia, including the last crown prince of Russia. Today incest is a problem among Moslems, who marry first cousins routinely, Mormon polygamists, and Ashkenazi Jews, and all have terrible birth defects.

Homosexuality (among men: women don't seem to matter, disease-wise) has always been taboo, as you point out, everywhere, and I guess we have learned why in our time!! Some 70 million dead of AIDS by now; monkeypox spreading fast; a meningitis outbreak in Florida. The catalog of diseases spread by the very dangerous, unhealthy practices these men "enjoy" is just amazing, and yet they continue to do it. They bring in diseases to the normal people of their societies and these diseases spread, as presumably this monkeypox will. I hope not the recent meningitis --- that's a killer.

It's very stupid for any society to affirm and even celebrate and normalize homosexuality (and the other taboos) as this one has started doing. It just brings in disease after disease. And leads to the seduction and ruin of so many young boys.

Last edited:
No you can't.

There are plenty of state laws which prohibit relationships regardless of "consent" - such as state laws which prohibit certain types of incestuous relationships. And nobody's challenged them, and not ever likely going to.

My bad, I didn't consider the open minds of democrats. LOL

My normal way of thinking gets in the way sometimes, I forget that there are predators out there who would screw goats if we didn't have laws. :auiqs.jpg:

My bad, I didn't consider the open minds of democrats. LOL

My normal way of thinking gets in the way sometimes, I forget that there are predators out there who would screw goats if we didn't have laws. :auiqs.jpg:
They do anyway. And cows. Don't ask me how I know. [Sigh]

Then if it doesn't give it to the feds, then that means Obergfell vs. Hodges is unconstitutional.

And no, overturning Obergfell vs Hodges would't be "giving it to the feds" - it would simply be returning it to the states and allowing them the discretion to ban or allow it.
except they couldnt ban it,, read the 1st amendment,,,

14th amendment is not

States don’t get to pick which marriages they like and which they consider “yucky”
The 14th Amendment has absolutely nothing to do with marriage or abortion. Don't you get it yet? Trump fixed the Supreme Court. You morons can no longer twist and manufacture something that you want the Constitution to say that isn't there. Move along now. Take a deep breath of democracy.

The 14th Amendment has absolutely nothing to do with marriage or abortion. Don't you get it yet? Trump fixed the Supreme Court. You morons can no longer twist and manufacture something that you want the Constitution to say that isn't there. Move along now. Take a deep breath of democracy.
14th amendment has everything to do with equal treatment under the law?

Why wouldn’t it apply to marriage laws?

Why wouldn’t it apply to marriage laws?
Because anything not covered in the Constitution is left to the States. Did you ever read the Constitution?

Abolish all marriages. Then it's all a done no more bickering. And I e been married to the same woman for almost 50 years. But since most marriages end in divorce well what's the point?

". . .However, under the federal Civil Rights Act of 1964, discrimination in public businesses in the United States is prohibited on the basis of race, color, religion or national origin – but it does not include specific sexual orientation or gender identity protections. . . "

The 14th amendment is the default for the left. Thank God President Trump finally fixed the Supreme Court. It's been broken for years.

The equal protection clause has to do with the federal government, not the state governments.

The federal government does not issue marriage licenses.

Now, read the Supremacy Clause and get back to me

It’s pretty damn apparent that gay marriage is next on the chopping block

Forum List

Back