Ted Cruz Says SCOTUS 'Clearly Wrong' to Legalize Gay Marriage

The issue is the law goes beyond that, and only protects Clergy, Churches, and Religious organizations, not normal people exercising their 1st amendment rights.

If it just made State governments recognize SSM's issued by other States, I would be fine with it, that's what I thought Obergfell should do.

Again, why would it be evil to defend same sex marriage? Its clearly being targeted by conservatives....despite their spectacular failure to demonstrate any coherent why.

Which is again, why they lost the gay marriage debate. The rest of us couldn't think of a coherent reason to outlaw same sex marriage either.

I think he claims Dems are evil in general.

The "evil" is in the wording that federalizes possibly forcing State level anti-discrimination via PA laws in situations where it isn't warranted, where it is not a case of economics or politics, but simply butthurt.

That's my answer.

Now answer my question.

If you ignore the entire context of his post, sure.

But why would a rational person ever do this.....unless they were trying to avoid the topic of the thread?

Keep running. You demonstrate my point every time you flee from my cartoon simple question:

'Why is it 'evil' to protect same sex marriage?'

Again, why would it be evil to defend same sex marriage? Its clearly being targeted by conservatives....despite their spectacular failure to demonstrate any coherent why.

Which is again, why they lost the gay marriage debate. The rest of us couldn't think of a coherent reason to outlaw same sex marriage either.

It's against the morality of people of most of the mainline religions. He can call it evil. I don't.

Now tell me why it's MORAL to ruin a baker over not wanting to bake a wedding cake for a SSM celebration.

".......But those same sex, the reasons are not so clear"? Really, so for reasons that you can't articulate, you would deprive that group of all of the benefits and rights of marriage? You would punish their children by depriving them of the chance to have the security of two legal parents. Just like that. You sure are a fuzzy thinking selfish prick. At least your inching towards some degree of honesty

I can’t articulate why opposite sex couples should not be married if they are to closely related?

I’ve done it several times. But ok, since you need it restated.

Opposite sex couples can procreate. If they are two closely related, they could have offspring with a defective bloodline that can cause harm to the offspring, and to offspring of following generations.

That is not a concern of same sex couples, no matter the sexuality of the partners.

If I have to explain why same sex couples would not have this as a concern, well, then I think you should go find a hobby.

It's against the morality of people of most of the mainline religions. He can call it evil. I don't.

Now tell me why it's MORAL to ruin a baker over not wanting to bake a wedding cake for a SSM celebration.

'Cuz Jesus said so' is hardly a good reason to deny someone their rights.

If you ignore the entire context of his post, sure.

But why would a rational person ever do this.....unless they were trying to avoid the topic of the thread?

Keep running. You demonstrate my point every time you flee from my cartoon simple question:

'Why is it 'evil' to protect same sex marriage?'

How am I "running" if I respond to every one of your posts?

Again, why is it moral to ruin a baker over them not wanting to provide a cake for an event celebrating something they find sinful?

'Cuz Jesus said so' is hardly a good reason to deny someone their rights.

What rights?

Who has the right to force someone else to perform labor they don't want to?

People have the right to free exercise. They also have the right to commerce, but neither is absolute.

How am I "running" if I respond to every one of your posts?

Again, why is it moral to ruin a baker over them not wanting to provide a cake for an event celebrating something they find sinful?

You kept fleeing from the question I posed to the OP and the thread about the topic.

Why is it 'evil' to protect same sex marriage?

And demonstrated my point: the reason that your ilk lost the gay marriage debate is because when pressed for why gay marriage is wrong, you change the topic.

You finally, finally addressed the issue head on with your 'Cuz Jesus said so' argument. Which is a piss poor reason to deny someone their rights.

What rights?

Who has the right to force someone else to perform labor they don't want to?

People have the right to free exercise. They also have the right to commerce, but neither is absolute.

The right to marry.

You kept fleeing from the question I posed to the OP and the thread about the topic.

And demonstrated my point: the reason that your ilk lost the gay marriage debate is because when pressed for why gay marriage is wrong, you change the topic.

You finally, finally addressed the issue head on with your 'Cuz Jesus said so' argument. Which is a piss poor reason to deny someone their rights.

I answered it, you just don't like or comprehend the answer. On you, not me.

It's wrong to some people. To me the only wrong thing was forcing States to issue SSM licenses instead of just making them recognize ones issued by other States.

The other wrong thing is using PA laws on non PA's, as well as treating limited circumstances of free exercise the same as systemic attempts at denying someone commerce.

I answered it, you just don't like or comprehend the answer. On you, not me.

It's wrong to some people. To me the only wrong thing was forcing States to issue SSM licenses instead of just making them recognize ones issued by other States.

The other wrong thing is using PA laws on non PA's, as well as treating limited circumstances of free exercise the same as systemic attempts at denying someone commerce.

You finally did try....with your 'Cuz Jesus said so' claims. But its a piss poor argument for denying someone their rights.

Which again, is why your ilk lost.

They can marry, they just can't have a wedding cake from this one baker. or photographs by this one photographer.

They can now that the right to same sex marriage has been codified into both law and supreme court precedent.

That is a right conservatives would strip from them if they could. And are actively trying to.

Thus, the bill the OP railed against.

You finally did try....with your 'Cuz Jesus said so' claims. But its a piss poor argument for denying someone their rights.

Which again, is why your ilk lost.

Free exercise gives people the right to say "because Jesus said so"

Again, what right? Are you saying everyone has a right to a specific wedding cake even if the person doesn't want to provide it?

Free exercise gives people the right to say "because Jesus said so"

Again, what right? Are you saying everyone has a right to a specific wedding cake even if the person doesn't want to provide it?

But stripping someone of the right to marry 'cuz Jesus said so' isn't a free exercise of rights.

Nor is it 'evil' to defend the right to marry.

They can now that the right to same sex marriage has been codified into both law and supreme court precedent.

That is a right conservatives would strip from them if they could. And are actively trying to.

Thus, the bill the OP railed against.

All removing Obergfell would do is stop States from being forced to issue SSM licenses.

And to me Obergfell should still have forced States to accept SSM's from States that issue them already under full faith and credit.

The law just passed doesn't force States to issue SSM's if Obergfell is overturned.

My issue is the wording of the law goes past government directives, and may proceed to directing people without giving them free exercise protections. the free exercise protections in the bill are limited to clergy, churches, and religious organizations, and the 1st amendment was never designed to be limited to just those items.

But stripping someone of the right to marry 'cuz Jesus said so' isn't a free exercise of rights.

Nor is it 'evil' to defend the right to marry.

You keep arguing the wrong point, and refuse to debate the point I am trying to make. Either you are stupid, or know you will sound like a controlling SJW cuck if you try to make your point.

So Churches should be forced to provide same sex ceremonies?

All removing Obergfell would do is stop States from being forced to issue SSM licenses.

And to me Obergfell should still have forced States to accept SSM's from States that issue them already under full faith and credit.

The law just passed doesn't force States to issue SSM's if Obergfell is overturned.

My issue is the wording of the law goes past government directives, and may proceed to directing people without giving them free exercise protections. the free exercise protections in the bill are limited to clergy, churches, and religious organizations, and the 1st amendment was never designed to be limited to just those items.

No, removing Obergefell would eliminate the right to marry for same sex couples in dozens of conservative states. Something conservatives are very eager to do.

'cuz Jesus said so'.

Thus, the federal law to protect same sex marriage.

Forum List

Back