Ted Cruz Says SCOTUS 'Clearly Wrong' to Legalize Gay Marriage

False. Marriage is marriage no matter who it's between; as long is it involves two consenting adults or consenting minors with parental approval in accordance with state age of consent laws.

That hasn't been marriage for centuries and even millennia. Hell polygamy has a better historical argument than SSM. SSM is a concept made up in the past 2-3 decades.

Want to make it valid via legislative processes? Fine by me, but the Constitution doesn't guarantee it.

SSM and heterosexual marriage aren't equal unless made equal by legislation. All the feds should do is make all States recognize valid marriage licenses from other States, regardless of if said marriage meets the States requirements or not, just like now.
So let the govt discriminate. Keep letting the federal govt discriminate.
Whatever dude.

As soon as you get the Fed Govt to remove all marriage related benefits then I would be cool with it only being a state issue
the so-called marriage benefits were put in the tax code to encourage marriage and families way back when the country still was based on morals and ethics. And I have no issue with those benefits being available to same sex marriages of two people, but not all variations and numbers of marriage "partners". besides the tax code how does the federal govt give benefits for marriage?

So let the govt discriminate. Keep letting the federal govt discriminate.
Whatever dude.
no one is supporting discrimination of any kind. but we understand, its where you libs always go when you cannot make your case using logic and facts.

The thing is Obergfell made States issue SSM licenses regardless of the will of their legislatures, based on the made up concept of substantive due process. A concept I agree with Justice Thomas is made up crap.

Once you start bringing in emotion bait like "love" you show you don't actually have a legal based argument, simply "I think X and and I will follow any jiggery pokery some SJW justice makes up like the good little lemming I am"

Love is actually the reason most people marry; followed by commitment and companionship. You can't discount it because it's inconvenient to you.

the only issue here is whether marriage is a federal constitutional issue of an individual state issue, same applies to abortion and other things that are not addressed in the constitution. Only constitutionally addressed issues are federal issues, all others belong to the individual states.

That hasn't been marriage for centuries and even millennia. Hell polygamy has a better historical argument than SSM. SSM is a concept made up in the past 2-3 decades.

Want to make it valid via legislative processes? Fine by me, but the Constitution doesn't guarantee it.

It doesn't matter when it started. Laws still must be applied equally. States can't deny one person a license where they give it to another because they don't like who the person is marrying.

no one is supporting discrimination of any kind. but we understand, its where you libs always go when you cannot make your case using logic and facts.
Not receiving the same fed benefits because you arent married is discrimination, retard.
I have been posting here for over a decade and your dumb ass is going to call me a lib?
Arent you old as fuck? Shouldnt you have grown up a bit by now? The world isnt binary.
Dumbfuck.

Marriage is a religious institution. Except in our Country, it has been made a government institution. If the SC were to rule that the fed gov has no business in marriage and get the govt out of it, that would mean married people lose all those awesome perks, and power would go back to the states. Where it is supposed to be.
Right now, gays just want the same benefits hetero married couples get. Why would they want it if they didnt get those perks? To be all godly and shit? No, God makes it clear that homos are full of sin.

Not receiving the same fed benefits because you arent married is discrimination, retard.
I have been posting here for over a decade and your dumb ass is going to call me a lib?
Arent you old as fuck? Shouldnt you have grown up a bit by now? The world isnt binary.
Dumbfuck.
so you think single people should get marriage benefits? How about those "married" to a sex robot or their dog? The marriage benefits in the tax code were put there to encourage marriage and families because the previous generations of legislators believed that a country was better off with marriages and families. You are free to disagree and post bullshit, no one really cares. Yes, I have been around a long time and have learned a lot from the school of hard knocks and real life. Grow up, kid.

so you think single people should get marriage benefits? How about those "married" to a sex robot or their dog? The marriage benefits in the tax code were put there to encourage marriage and families because the previous generations of legislators believed that a country was better off with marriages and families. You are free to disagree and post bullshit, no one really cares. Yes, I have been around a long time and have learned a lot from the school of hard knocks and real life. Grow up, kid.
No, dummy. Im sitting here saying the govt shouldnt be involved in marriage. Can you not read?
That would be called DISCRIMINATION
Are you seriously this fucking dumb? Like no joke man. Be real with me.
Mr. Binary tells me to grow up
Fucking priceless :lol:

All the feds care about marriage by the constitution is that is is accepted as any other contract is accepted from State to State. States set marriage requirements as they are the ones issuing the licenses.

Obergfell should have allowed States to issue or not issue SSM licenses as they saw fit, but forced them to recognize any out of State marriage as they had to in the past.

I had no issue when NY as a State made SSM legal via legislative action, my issue is with Obergfell, and the issue is the same as Thomas' and Cruz's issue, substantive due process.

I'm all for State's Rights ... you know that ... but in Obergefell, the couple were lawfully married in Maryland (state's rights) ... when they moved to Ohio, the state refused to accept them as married ...

Does one State have to honor the protections promised by another State? ... the right to refuse is usually reserved for nationhood ... we fought a war over that a long time ago, and we won ... and unless you think you can get a conservitive majority on SCOTUS, you're just gonna have to live with it ...

No, dummy. Im sitting here saying the govt shouldnt be involved in marriage. Can you not read?
That would be called DISCRIMINATION
Are you seriously this fucking dumb? Like no joke man. Be real with me.
Mr. Binary tells me to grow up
Fucking priceless :lol:
and as usual you resort to juvenile insult attempts when your cognitive abilities fail you. Are you trying to mimic senile joey?

I'm all for State's Rights ... you know that ... but in Obergefell, the couple were lawfully married in Maryland (state's rights) ... when they moved to Ohio, the state refused to accept them as married ...

Does one State have to honor the protections promised by another State? ... the right to refuse is usually reserved for nationhood ... we fought a war over that a long time ago, and we won ... and unless you think you can get a conservitive majority on SCOTUS, you're just gonna have to live with it ...
Is my Louisiana concealed carry permit honored in New Jersey? Duh, no. WTF is the difference?

and as usual you resort to juvenile insult attempts when your cognitive abilities fail you. Are you trying to mimic senile joey?
You get those insults because you are willfully retarded.
Please grow up one day. Maybe then we can have an adult conversation.

-------------------------------------
I just knew it would come up soon.
This lesbian agrees

qkkakkakKKkKKKkKKK.jpeg

People are fleeing the left faster than speedy taco Gonzalez

Forum List

Back