Ted Cruz Says SCOTUS 'Clearly Wrong' to Legalize Gay Marriage

Try to wrap your head around this:

Endorsing a counterproductive lifestyle, such as homosexual marriage, does not mean a person "hates" homosexuals.

People can disagree without hatred.
Counterproductive ? What the hell are you talking about ? GOD made all of us and with good reason he doesn't make mistakes. People make hatred and prejudice.

Counterproductive ? What the hell are you talking about ? GOD made all of us and with good reason he doesn't make mistakes. People make hatred and prejudice.

You're typing to hear yourself preach about hate and prejudice. You don't need me for the virtue signal, so have fun

You're typing to hear yourself preach about hate and prejudice. You don't need me for the virtue signal, so have fun
I'm simply trying to tell you that what religion teaches about GOD is not true. People made up their own religious laws and morals. God made the human population mostly heterosexual, but new that they couldn't control themselves you were overpopulate the world in no time because they lack the wisdom to control themselves so he made adjustments by making some people homosexual. Had things gone according to plan all along the world would not be so overpopulated now. What we have done is what we've done to ourselves.

I'm very surprised no one has done this yet to be honest. And yes, Constitutionally, "gay marriage" by Judicial fiat was another Roe v Wade. But less likely to fall like Roe IMO because in Roe you have the issue of life AND you now have gay marriages coast to coast and what happens to them if the issue goes back to the states?

Most states had already made it legal before Obergefell.

So what?

Many couples choose not to have children also. But that don't take away from the fact that children can ONLY be produced by a man and woman, by design.

By design one many can impregnate multiple women so you must favor polygamy since that fits the design .

Endorsing a counterproductive lifestyle, such as homosexual marriage, does not mean a person "hates" homosexuals.

What makes it counterproductive?

I work with a woman in a same sex marriage. They have a 16 year old daughter. They are no different than any other married couple in the country except maybe they have been together longer than most straight people stay together.

I think one could argue you calling it counterproductive is hateful.

Only a matter of time before the TRUMP court strikes down same sex marriage

The only question is will they just overrule it or start by allowing business to deny service for “religious reasons”
I wonder how Clarence Thomas is going to feel when they bring slavery back.

There is no massive advantage that Republicans can't sabotage. Regardless of the correctness of the ruling, Cruz should have shut up about it. There is nothing urgent about returning this back to the states.

There is no massive advantage that Republicans can't sabotage. Regardless of the correctness of the ruling, Cruz should have shut up about it. There is nothing urgent about returning this back to the states.

Throwing meat to his base

And if you're trying to argue that butt sex is normal, you are too.
This is not about sex at all. It is about the right for 2 consenting adults to enter into a union andform a family. Stop being such a coward and answer my question instead of dancingaround the issue, You stated that only people who have children should be able to marry, I asked if that rule should aply equally to same sex and opposite sex couples but you do not seem to have the courage to answer it.

Love is actually the reason most people marry; followed by commitment and companionship. You can't discount it because it's inconvenient to you.

It has nothing to do with the contract at hand, nor the historical fact that marriage has always involved both sexes in some way until recently.

It doesn't matter when it started. Laws still must be applied equally. States can't deny one person a license where they give it to another because they don't like who the person is marrying.

SSM and heterosexual marriage are not the same thing. We can allow both to use the same word, but they are not the same. One has millennia of precedent, the other is a recent creation.

I'm all for State's Rights ... you know that ... but in Obergefell, the couple were lawfully married in Maryland (state's rights) ... when they moved to Ohio, the state refused to accept them as married ...

Does one State have to honor the protections promised by another State? ... the right to refuse is usually reserved for nationhood ... we fought a war over that a long time ago, and we won ... and unless you think you can get a conservitive majority on SCOTUS, you're just gonna have to live with it ...

Well that's what Obergfell SHOULD have done, is tell Ohio you have to accept them. It shouldn't have said Ohio you HAVE to issue SSM licenses.

What makes it counterproductive?

I work with a woman in a same sex marriage. They have a 16 year old daughter. They are no different than any other married couple in the country except maybe they have been together longer than most straight people stay together.

I think one could argue you calling it counterproductive is hateful.

It is not productive to a society, for one thing. They cannot produce children, obviously. And the children they adopt/graft in or whatever....the science and that data are ironclad: children do best when raised in a home with their biological, married parents.

That is not to say that these two women don't have a right to live together, nor even to declare each other next of kin, beneficiaries, etc. They do, and they have a right to live peacefully. But society should have no pressing obligation to advance such unions. They are at best neutral in benefit.

That's not hateful. It just is.

Forum List

Back