Ted Cruz Says SCOTUS 'Clearly Wrong' to Legalize Gay Marriage

I wonder how Clarence Thomas is going to feel when they bring slavery back.
all anyone, including Thomas has said is that it may be time to review whether SSM is a federal constitutional issue or a state issue. That's all. NO ONE has said SSM should be banned. Stop the lies about this. all you libs do is lie.

It’s this sort of ignorance, bigotry, and hate that the Constitution defends against, and why conservatives want to see Obergefell reversed – so conservatives can discriminate against and disadvantage gay and transgender Americans.
bullshit, the only thing being discussed is whether these things are federal constitutional issues or state issues. No one is advocating banning anything. Do you lefties ever tell the truth about anything?

but you want fed benefits for abortion, gay marriage, trans bathrooms, etc. Don't you see the hypocrisy there?

I do not want Fed benefits for any of those things. But if the Feds are going to give them they need not discriminate based on sex.

It is not productive to a society, for one thing. They cannot produce children, obviously. And the children they adopt/graft in or whatever....the science and that data are ironclad: children do best when raised in a home with their biological, married parents.

That is not to say that these two women don't have a right to live together, nor even to declare each other next of kin, beneficiaries, etc. They do, and they have a right to live peacefully. But society should have no pressing obligation to advance such unions. They are at best neutral in benefit.

That's not hateful. It just is.

My SIL/BIL, who have two adopted children, would love to discus with you what failings they had by not being the biological parents. And I would love to sit and watch it.

50% of "real" marriages end in divorce, the children end up not living with both biological parents. Our son was just talking about this 2 nights ago, he literally has not one friend whose parents are not divorced. If a two parent household is the optimum setting then it seems society should support that no matter the sex of the parents.

Also, should married couples with no children not be receiving any societal benefit since they have not done their duty and reproduced? I work with a lady who has Type-1 diabetes and her husband has Crohn's. They have made the choice to never had children because they would be cursing them with one or more life long disease. Since they are not being productive for society, should we take away all the benefits of marriage from them?

Last edited:
What I want to see overturned is the Texas v Lawrence decision....

The Sodomy Decision.

Statutes do not have to have a remedy when deemed illegal.

Such as in TN it is the law that employers must deduct money from your paycheck when you are in arears for child support payments or the court orders that they must. But there's no remedy for employers who do not do this. Meaning no fines or jail time for employers who don't deduct child support payments. But it's still illegal for them to not do it.
The majority follow the law but some small businesses don't bother and just holler at their employees. (It is a shitty thing to do by being behind....mine kept getting notices that they needed to pay me the amount I had overpaid...pissed them off something fierce "How do I deduct a negative $837.24 from your paycheck?" "Well I believe that they are telling you that you need to pay me more":D "And when you do send the State of TN the bill"

But at any rate....
It's a state decision....one that needs to be in State's hands as it is not specifically outlined in the Federal Constitution.

That would instantly do away with the Obergefell decision surrounding same sex unions.

My SIL/BIL, who have two adopted children, would love to discus with you what failings they had by not being the biological parents. And I would love to sit and watch it.

50% of "real" marriages end in divorce, the children end up not living with both biological parents. Our son was just talking about this 2 nights ago, he literally has not one friend whose parents are not divorced. If a two parent household is the optimum setting then it seems society should support that no matter the sex of the parents.

Also, should married couples with not children not be receiving any societal benefit since they have not done their duty and reproduced? I work with a lady who has Type-1 diabetes and her husband has Crohn's. They have made the choice to never had children because they would be cursing them with one or more life long disease. Since they are not being productive for society, should we take away all the benefits of marriage from them?

1. They would get no argument from me. It was much better to adopt those children than to have them in foster care with no family. Those children had no shot at the "ideal" and it sounds like your family has given them a good home. Overall stats don't always bear out in individual circumstances. Read that again if need be because I won't address it again.

2. The divorce rate is not 50% anymore, unless you have ALREADY been divorced, in which case the home is "broken up" in any case. And note I did not say "children do best in a two parent household". No. Children do best in the home of their MARRIED, BIOLOGICAL PARENTS.

3. See #1. "Overall stats, individual circumstances", etc.

Also, should married couples with no children not be receiving any societal benefit since they have not done their duty and reproduced? I work with a lady who has Type-1 diabetes and her husband has Crohn's. They have made the choice to never had children because they would be cursing them with one or more life long disease. Since they are not being productive for society, should we take away all the benefits of marriage from them?

Here. Divorce rates for first marriages are around 30%. Less if the woman is college educated and over 25 at time of marriage.

1. They would get no argument from me. It was much better to adopt those children than to have them in foster care with no family. Those children had no shot at the "ideal" and it sounds like your family has given them a good home. Overall stats don't always bear out in individual circumstances. Read that again if need be because I won't address it again.

2. The divorce rate is not 50% anymore, unless you have ALREADY been divorced, in which case the home is "broken up" in any case. And note I did not say "children do best in a two parent household". No. Children do best in the home of their MARRIED, BIOLOGICAL PARENTS.

3. See #1. "Overall stats, individual circumstances", etc.

1. Yet they were not as good a parent as if they were the biological ones, according to you.

2. 4. Currently, the divorce rate per 1000 married women is 16.9. Many experts feel that this is a much more accurate measure of true divorce rate than the crude rate.
5. The divorce rate per 1000 married women is nearly double that of 1960, but down from the all-time high of 22.6 in the early 1980s.
6. Almost 50 percent of all marriages in the United States will end in divorce or separation.
7. Researchers estimate that 41 percent of all first marriages end in divorce.
8. 60 percent of second marriages end in divorce.
9. 73 percent of all third marriages end in divorce.
10. The United States has the 6th highest divorce rate in the world. Here is a chart of the top twenty

Yet you would punish same sex couples that stay together.

3. But we are talking about those that are productive for society, it would be easy to exclude every marred couple with no children, since they are not being productive. Why should these couples get things that are only for productive couples?

Here. Divorce rates for first marriages are around 30%. Less if the woman is college educated and over 25 at time of marriage.

Maybe we should only give benefits to married couples with a college degree then.

It’s this sort of ignorance, bigotry, and hate that the Constitution defends against, and why conservatives want to see Obergefell reversed – so conservatives can discriminate against and disadvantage gay and transgender Americans.

Arguing in support of 2 men having butt sex while calling someone ignorant is.....well, ignorant.

Actually Obergefell was based on equal protection under the law and due process
Only because of the 2003 Texas v Lawrence decision....the Sodomy Decision.

Before then it was illegal in Texas to be in a same sex relationship. And the equal protection law did not apply.

This is not about sex at all. It is about the right for 2 consenting adults to enter into a union andform a family. Stop being such a coward and answer my question instead of dancingaround the issue, You stated that only people who have children should be able to marry, I asked if that rule should aply equally to same sex and opposite sex couples but you do not seem to have the courage to answer it.

Sorry I have to draw you a picture, I guess I forgot who I was talking to.

I said marriage should be limited to 2 people that were capable of producing children, meaning a man and woman.

Forum List

Back