Ted Cruz Says SCOTUS 'Clearly Wrong' to Legalize Gay Marriage

Certainly, now it's "cool" to be "gay" or at least say your open to it though you've never actually had sex with someone of the same sex.
Whether or no it's cool depends on your social environment. There is still alot of dicrimination and I doubt that there are a lot of people claiming to begay who are not. We need to get to a point where the question is not whether or not it's "cool" The question should be "why concern yourself with someones sexuality unless your looking for a date"?

Whether or no it's cool depends on your social environment. There is still alot of dicrimination and I doubt that there are a lot of people claiming to begay who are not. We need to get to a point where the question is not whether or not it's "cool" The question should be "why concern yourself with someones sexuality unless your looking for a date"?

In pop culture being gay is most certainly "cool" The only reason that's significant is that children are impressionably and stupid. If you think that being gay being cool doesnt have a significant effect on whether young people say they are gay you arent paying attention.

"
The pollster who worked on the new study, George Barna, attributes the unusually high number he found to social and news media coverage that makes it "safe and cool" for young Americans to identify as LGBTQ—whether or not it represents their actual sexual orientation.

"It's a subset of a larger issue, that this is a generation where three out of four are searching for meaning. This is a group that doesn't have a reason to get out of bed in the morning," Barna says. "Therefore, the LGBTQ identity gives them comfort. A lot of this generation claim to be moving in that direction, but there's a big difference between claiming the identity and living the lifestyle.""

If that percentage of the population were truly LGBT the world population wouldn't keep going up.

There is nothing anywhere in the Constitution that even hints at any “right” for a disgusting homosexual mockery of a marriage to be treated as anything comparable to a genuine marriage.
Right. But there is plenty in the Constitution about due process and equal protection under the law.

There is also the judicial review standard of strict scrutiny requiring the government, when when seeking to restrict or deny rights-such as marriage - to establish a compelling government interest to do so. The states failed miserably in that regard . The rantings of a bigoted fool like you suffering from a religious psychosis does not meet that standard

Strict scrutiny | Wex | US Law | LII / Legal Information …

• Strict scrutiny is a form of judicial review that courts use to determine the constitutionality of certain laws. Strict scrutiny is often used by courts when a plaintiff sues the government for discrimination. To pass strict scrutiny, the legislature must have passed the law to further a "compelling governmental interest," and must have narrowly ta...
See more on law.cornell.edu

In pop culture being gay is most certainly "cool" The only reason that's significant is that children are impressionably and stupid. If you think that being gay being cool doesnt have a significant effect on whether young people say they are gay you arent paying attention.

"
The pollster who worked on the new study, George Barna, attributes the unusually high number he found to social and news media coverage that makes it "safe and cool" for young Americans to identify as LGBTQ—whether or not it represents their actual sexual orientation.

"It's a subset of a larger issue, that this is a generation where three out of four are searching for meaning. This is a group that doesn't have a reason to get out of bed in the morning," Barna says. "Therefore, the LGBTQ identity gives them comfort. A lot of this generation claim to be moving in that direction, but there's a big difference between claiming the identity and living the lifestyle.""

If that percentage of the population were truly LGBT the world population wouldn't keep going up.
Well I must say, this is all quite interesting. There is a lot to unpack there . Please read to the end where I make my main point
For starters, while I will give the author the benefit of the doubt, they do not present the actual study or provide information such as the size of the study, how the sample was drawn and the specific questions asked. In addition, it should be noted that the author heads a market research group with a religious perspective and is associated with the Family Research Council that is known for its anti gay bias:

George Barna (born 1954) is the founder of The Barna Group, a market research firm specializing in studying the religious beliefs and behavior of Americans, and the intersection of faith and culture. From 2013 - 2018 he served as the executive director of the American Culture & Faith Institute, the research division of United in Purpose.[3] In 2019 he became a professor at Arizona Christian University in Phoenix, Arizona, where he also started the Cultural Research Center at Arizona Christian University.[4] He is also the Senior Research Fellow for Christian Ethics and Biblical Worldview at Family Research Council.
In any case, I do not doubt that the number of people-adults and minors- who identify as gay, or LGBT has increased. The question is why. Barna suggests, as you do, that it is because “gay “ has become safe and cool, and provides meaning for young lives who are searching. Maybe for some, but he offers no evidence of that being responsible for the majority of, or even a significant percentage of those newly identifying as LGBT. It may well be that the increase in numbers is not due to their being influenced to identify as LGBT regardless of their sexual orientation, but rather, the fact that these are people who are actually LGBT who now feel safe enough to come out. And, while there is a certain degree of acceptance, being gay or trans still carries significant risks, Violence against LGBT people-especially trans people is at an all time high and on the increase. Discrimination is still ramped making it improbable that a significant number of people would “fake it”.

Even more absurd is the idea-pushed by some- that young people are being groomed to be gay or trans. Ask yourself; what would it take to convince YOU to be gay or trans?

NOW FOR MY MAIN POINT
We have been, and continue to be a hetero-centric culture. Gay and other LGBT people have historically been marginalized and denied full participation in society. In recent decades, LGBT people have been demanding and to a degree gaining acceptance and rights. Many people are highly threatened and have responded with the rhetoric of “grooming “ and pushing the “gay agenda” with the implication that the goal is to shift society from hetero-centric to homo-centric. That is just an irrational paranoid reaction to a movement who’s goal is simply equality. The idea that ones sexual orientation or gender identity is either” good or bad”....desirable or undesirable is destructive to individuals, and society. The goal of the LGBT community is to get equal time, equal recognition and equal respect. “I’m ok, Your OK” Just stop the divisive obsession over these matter and we will all be better for it.

Last edited:
Haha,someone needs a dictionary for Christmas. You've had plenty of time to learn what words mean, old man. You have no excuse.
I know America was in much better shape than it is now. Who are you going to blame after election day? The old man you support can't even wipe his own ass. Yep, you're confused.

Get rid of the term marriage altogether. Since most of those end in divorce anyway. Problem solved. I've been unioned to the same woman for 49 years now. One more year and it will be 50 years.

Get rid of the term marriage altogether. Since most of those end in divorce anyway. Problem solved. I've been unioned to the same woman for 49 years now. One more year and it will be 50 years.
There is no problem that needs solvingSame sex marriage is only problem for those who choose to make it a problen, but it's really just their problem. Just get ovef it. Problem solved

So, people on civil unions split up at a lower rate than those who are married?

2.7 divorces per 1,000 mariages is no where near 'most"

And the divorce rate among same sex couples is far lower

Evidence that same sex marriage has strengthened the institution of marriage......Problem Solved

Only a matter of time before the TRUMP court strikes down same sex marriage

The only question is will they just overrule it or start by allowing business to deny service for “religious reasons”
Actually that was another issue we whitch should have been left up to each state.

Forum List

Back