Ted Cruz Says SCOTUS 'Clearly Wrong' to Legalize Gay Marriage

No they don’t. If the Government didn’t exost what rights would you not have that you have now?

Government does exist.
Without Government, who would enforce your rights as a citizen?

If the Government is the grantor of rights why is it under any obligation to grant them equitably unless it serves the purposes of the Government?

Because they are a Government of We the People

Government does exist.
Without Government, who would enforce your rights as a citizen?
I have all the rights in the world without the Government. What rights dont I have if the Government doesnt exist? Can you name a single one?

I said the Government's job was to protect my rights.

Because they are a Government of We the People
But you said the Government is the holder of the power to confer or not confer rights. Correct? That they are the source of our rights. If that's true (which I do not believe) why would the Government grant anyone any rights that arent to the Government's advantage?

"We the people" means that the Government exists to serve US not the other way around. If that's true how is it possible for the Government to hold power to grant me my rights? I am the Government. As are you. So we are granting ourselves our own rights?

Can you answer the question? Why would you not have those rights if the Government doesnt exist?

Why would you want the Government to be the source of your rights anyway? If they are the grantor of your rights they have every right to deny you any right they see fit. If there is some man made entity or institution that's granting you your "rights" you have no rights just privileges that they can grant or take away for whatever reason they can come up with. If your rights are innate and Government's role is to but protect those rights YOU have actual real rights.
Rights that are not codified are subject to interpretation. In my example, society will generally side with immediate blood family over spouse/partner. Overriding this, giving the spouse the right to make those decisions is codified in law.

Rights that are not codified are subject to interpretation. In my example, society will generally side with immediate blood family over spouse/partner. Overriding this, giving the spouse the right to make those decisions is codified in law.
You keep using the Government to stop me from having my rights....

I can enter into any agreement I want with whomever I want unless there's some entity that stops me for doing so. What could that entity be called.....

n 1 Corinthians 6:9–10 Paul lists some sinful lifestyles that give evidence that a person is not saved: “Do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men . . . will inherit the kingdom of God.” In other words, a practicing, unrepentant idolater, adulterer, or homosexual is fooling himself if he thinks he is going to heaven. Christians are saved from such sins.
-----------------------------
Here I thought God was all forgiving.
All forgiving if you're sorry. I don't know why that is such a difficult concept.

He actually believe this stuff.

Marriage: As Solicitor General, Ted Cruz led the charge to deny Texas couples marriage equality. In the Senate, he has supported a constitutional amendment that would prevent the federal government from recognizing marriage equality and an amendment placing members of the Supreme Court up for election. He even said that Justice Anthony Kennedy should resign and that the Obergefell ruling threw the Supreme Court’s “very legitimacy into question.” He has said a ruling in favor of marriage equality was “fundamentally illegitimate.” Cruz has promised to campaign “front and center” on his opposition to marriage equality.

Oh he is so religious he probably cheats on his wife and incest his children, we don't know whatever he does.
So you're saying someone who doesn't believe in lying or cheating probably lies or cheats. Makes perfect sense.

I would guess those who do not believe lying or cheating are immoral are more likely those who lie or cheat.

Why is it all these right wingers are constantly thinking about gay sex? It's weird.
Guys, let me help with this. Whenever a man puts his thing somewhere it doesn't belong, bad things happen. Monkeypox, AIDS, STDs, devastating psychological damage, harm to society, etc. It's just the way it is. Complaining about it is as silly as whining when you get shocked after sticking your finger in an electrical socket.

Guys, let me help with this. Whenever a man puts his thing somewhere it doesn't belong, bad things happen. Monkeypox, AIDS, STDs, devastating psychological damage, harm to society, etc. It's just the way it is. Complaining about it is as silly as whining when you get shocked after sticking your finger in an electrical socket.

Gonorrhea, syphilis, unintended pregnancies, divorce, etc.

Well, they're going full federalist. Leave everything possible to the states.

Okay. I understand the reasoning, but we're going to see big, big differences going from state to state. The country will no longer be purple, it will be dark red OR dark blue.

E Pluribus Unum is dead. I think that's what they want. It beats trying to secede.
Good. That's better than the whole country being forced to follow immoral leftwing atheist laws.

Last edited:
What Cruz said is that marriage (gay or straight) is not a federal issue that should be decided by the SC of the US. That is all he said. Let the voters of each state decide, and for the record that is all the SC opinion on abortion said----------not a federal constitutional issue, but a state by state issue to be decided by the voters of each state.

the misquotes and down right lies about this are destroying any chance for a sane discussion of it.

Well, they're going full federalist. Leave everything possible to the states.

Okay. I understand the reasoning, but we're going to see big, big differences going from state to state. The country will no longer be purple, it will be dark red OR dark blue.

E Pluribus Unum is dead. I think that's what they want. It beats trying to secede.
And damn sure, next thing you know, they'll be forcing you to live in the state you hate the most!

The rascals!

What Cruz said is that marriage (gay or straight) is not a federal issue that should be decided by the SC of the US. That is all he said. Let the voters of each state decide, and for the record that is all the SC opinion on abortion said----------not a federal constitutional issue, but a state by state issue to be decided by the voters of each state.

the misquotes and down right lies about this are destroying any chance for a sane discussion of it.

That can't be done until the Federal government is out of marriage.

Equal treatment under the law is a federal issue

Forum List

Back