Ted Kennedy dies.

Be that as it is, he remains correct.
For some bizarre reason, you think the 17th Amendment is up for review or a groundswell of repeal is building or...something.

Good luck with that one buddy!

LOL.
except, that isnt what he said at all
he said it should be repealed, and it SHOULD

just as prohibition should have been and was

why should it be repealed? you want the state legislature to select senators and cut out the democracy part? :confused:

For some bizarre reason, you think the 17th Amendment is up for review or a groundswell of repeal is building or...something.

LOL.

there is something..

Search Results - THOMAS (Library of Congress)
I guess.

"Section 1. No person shall be a Senator from a State unless such person has been elected by the people thereof."

OoooooOOOkay.

Has Zero to do what I asked several Posts ago. Why was the SENATE created? In the original context of the Constitution.

What I just read was psycobabble...much akin to last week when Teddy Kennedy asked that a LAW be changed to accomodate a YAY vote to which he could NOT make (and he KNEW by this request that he was fading)...to appoint his successor.

Be that as it is, he remains correct.

LOL.

Convention to propose amendments to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Knock yer bad selves out. Let us know how it works out.

ha ha.

I guess.

"Section 1. No person shall be a Senator from a State unless such person has been elected by the people thereof."

OoooooOOOkay.

that is targeted against the governors ability to appoint a senator. just for the record, it would be even more direct democracy :eek:

Yep. And Senators were originally appointed by State Legislatures...

LOL.

Convention to propose amendments to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ha ha.

Wiki? Are you NUTZ? Wiki as a Source? Not happening in my Universe.

I guess.

OoooooOOOkay.

that is targeted against the governors ability to appoint a senator. just for the record, it would be even more direct democracy :eek:

so you are lobbying for not having the ability to vote for your senators?

or are you a member of the state legislature of florida and want to get to appoint who YOU want without input from the constituents?

LOL.

why should it be repealed? you want the state legislature to select senators and cut out the democracy part? :confused:
yes, since they are supposed to be representing the state government
the poeple have their representation in the house
also it puts a direct line of responsibility to the state office holders

ha ha.

Wiki? Are you NUTZ? Wiki as a Source? Not happening in my Universe.

your universe must totally suck. did you know that the federalist papers are in the public domain, next time you refer to them, link it. maybe then you can think of criticizing others for posting sources.

or are you a member of the state legislature of florida and want to get to appoint who YOU want without input from the constituents?
you( as a represenitive) would answer to those people for who you appoint
a direct line of responsibility

Ding! Correct! Select! We have a *WINNER*!! Good form, Dive! You dared to tread where Libs dared NOT.

It's been around for almost a hundred years, and it's here to stay.

NO ONE is going to agree to give up the right to directly elect senators. Ain't gonna happen.

Bet a million dollars on it.

Anyone want to take the bet?

ok, you still cut the electorate out of this process. i thought everyone was railing against the evil corrupt politicians, or are the state legislators somehow different?

ok, you still cut the electorate out of this process. i thought everyone was railing against the evil corrupt politicians, or are the state legislators somehow different?
It's rather amusing watching the dance, isn't it?

Ding! Correct! Select! We have a *WINNER*!! Good form, Dive! You dared to tread where Libs dared NOT.

partisan bub, why can americans vote for the president? why don't kill the xvii amendment, and then let congress appoint a president? would be even better, right? direct line of responsibility.

Your question is much better suited for a debate Ca 1910.

Good luck in your time machine!
and who punts

Eloquently stated. Kudos.

Some things never change.

butt20kiss.gif

It's rather amusing watching the dance, isn't it?

i am baffled by this. i can see no explanation other than that voting is very exhausting. some guys should appoint some other guys, leave me alone. watch tv, burp.

Forum List

Back