Ted Kennedy's Soviet Gambit

Antares

A Rooincarnation
Nov 7, 2012
Omaha
On 9-10 May of this year,” the May 14 memorandum explained, “Sen. Edward Kennedy’s close friend and trusted confidant [John] Tunney was in Moscow.” (Tunney was Kennedy’s law school roommate and a former Democratic senator from California.) “The senator charged Tunney to convey the following message, through confidential contacts, to the General Secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, Y. Andropov.”

Kennedy’s message was simple. He proposed an unabashed quid pro quo. Kennedy would lend Andropov a hand in dealing with President Reagan. In return, the Soviet leader would lend the Democratic Party a hand in challenging Reagan in the 1984 presidential election.“The only real potential threats to Reagan are problems of war and peace and Soviet-American relations,” the memorandum stated. “These issues, according to the senator, will without a doubt become the most important of the election campaign.”

Kennedy made Andropov a couple of specific offers.h

Ted Kennedy's Soviet Gambit - Forbes

The American Left.....a Party of Traitors and Thieves.

Truth. But now the world has flipped. I'm Uk and Irish so I really do know this shit.

Putin would back Reagan. Obama is so out of line on this I want to bazooka barf. He always backs the wrong side.

These so called Ukrainians that your government are palling up to are neo nazis. Tell me you know this.

One can make a choice.

• Banned
The whole thing is a mess.....the Ukranians surrendered their Nukes because we PROMISED to protect them.

The whole thing is a mess.....the Ukranians surrendered their Nukes because we PROMISED to protect them.

I don't want to wreck your thread. There is something that really needs to get out there though. I am a Ukrainian (other half Irish) and my folks (not me personally I am just profiling them for you) for the most part are seriously anti jew and that's why a lot of the country in the second world war loved and adored Hitler.

America, Obama and all your leaders are now backing neo nazis Ukes.. I have no idea why.

I just figure John McCain likes getting his picture taken with the wrong side of town. AQ and paid mercenaries in Syria and now you guys embracing neo nazis.

I don't get why you love neo nazis.

• Banned
I don't love Neo Nazi's, Obama has a penchant for loving the enemies of his nation.
Nobody seems to be able to explain why he does this.

I don't want to wreck your thread. There is something that really needs to get out there though. I am a Ukrainian (other half Irish) and my folks (not me personally I am just profiling them for you) for the most part are seriously anti jew and that's why a lot of the country in the second world war loved and adored Hitler.

America, Obama and all your leaders are now backing neo nazis Ukes.. I have no idea why.

I just figure John McCain likes getting his picture taken with the wrong side of town. AQ and paid mercenaries in Syria and now you guys embracing neo nazis.

I don't get why you love neo nazis.

We supported Francisco Franco, who was an actual legit Nazi, who sent lots of troops to Hitler, so there shouldn't be a problem with supporting Ukraine.

On 9-10 May of this year,” the May 14 memorandum explained, “Sen. Edward Kennedy’s close friend and trusted confidant [John] Tunney was in Moscow.” (Tunney was Kennedy’s law school roommate and a former Democratic senator from California.) “The senator charged Tunney to convey the following message, through confidential contacts, to the General Secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, Y. Andropov.”

Kennedy’s message was simple. He proposed an unabashed quid pro quo. Kennedy would lend Andropov a hand in dealing with President Reagan. In return, the Soviet leader would lend the Democratic Party a hand in challenging Reagan in the 1984 presidential election.“The only real potential threats to Reagan are problems of war and peace and Soviet-American relations,” the memorandum stated. “These issues, according to the senator, will without a doubt become the most important of the election campaign.”

Kennedy made Andropov a couple of specific offers.h

Ted Kennedy's Soviet Gambit - Forbes

The American Left.....a Party of Traitors and Thieves.

Don't forget Pelosi undermining and defying Bush Administration by going to Damascus Syria in 2006 and negotiating with them. I can only imagine what the current administration would do if today's Republicans could ever grow a pair and follow the precedent set by Kennedy and Pelosi.

Sort of cracks me up when they speakl of protecting "ethnic russians" living in Ukraine.

There isn't a dimes worth of genetic difference between a Russian RUS and an Ukrainian Rus.

They are the SAME people. separate by different but equally totalitarian governments.

the USA has no dog in this FAMILY fight.

Damn this thread is funny. The Dems are a wholly owned subsidiary of Moscow, and they are supporting the Ukrainians against Russia. Perfectly logical. And we are to hold the present Ukranians responsible for the prejudices of their grandfathers?

The Ukrainian popular uprising against their President was just. It also excaberated the schisms between the Russian speaking population and the Ukrainians. A bad situation made worse by the fact that Putin is using it to try to re-establish the old Soviet empire.

Forum List

Back