Teen Sues Parents for Cash and College Tuition. Does She Have a Case?

anyone make a TK joke yet?

Anyways parents owe the school for the tuition i believe. They have to pay that. Outside of that, she shouldnt get anything.

You know what I've see for the past couple of pages here?

Liberals arguing for this girl. Your entitlement mentality knows literally no bounds. Making the case that she was "entitled" to this money. Luckily, a judge told her to grow up today, she lost her suit, and will have to welcome real life whether she wants to or not:

Rachel Canning Loses Effort to Make Parents Pay High School Tuition - ABC News

Last edited:

Liberals arguing for this girl. Your entitlement mentality knows literally no bounds. Making the case that she was "entitled" to this money. Luckily, a judge told her to grow up today, she lost her suit, and will have to welcome real life whether she wants to or not:

That's a broad stroke to make all inclusive "liberals".

Barb and Boop are discussing why they feel they way they do, based on their lifes' experiences growing up at home, nothing which any of us would have wanted.

Barb and Boop are discussing why they feel they way they do, based on their lifes' experiences growing up at home, nothing which any of us would have wanted.

No, they are vouching for a girl who was trying to blackmail her parents. By all accounts she is a miscreant! And by all rights, her parents now have legal standing to sue her for slander and libel under applicable Tort Law for falsely accusing her father of sexual abuse and lofting other false accusation against them. Utter nonsense to sit there and defend a spoiled teenager like that.

The things she wanted A) Child Support B) High School Tuition and C) Overall Living Costs can be seen as entitlements by liberals in particular. There are government programs that subsidize these things already. I couldn't help but notice that Jake. I read what both of them wrote.

Last edited:

No, they are vouching for a girl who was trying to blackmail her parents. By all accounts she is a miscreant! And by all rights, her parents now have legal standing to sue her for slander and libel under applicable Tort Law for falsely accusing her father of sexual abuse. Utter nonsense to sit there and defend a spoiled teenager like that.

The things she wanted A) Child Support B) High School Tuition and C) Overall Living Costs can be seen as entitlements by liberals in particular. There are government programs that subsidize these things already. I couldn't help but notice that Jake. I read what both of them wrote.
this is amusing

What is disturbing in cases that involve false sexual assault accusations is that the accuser try's to parlay the stories of true victims, like Barb and BD, for a few crumby bucks. It also makes the stories of true victims harder to believe.

Problem is, I know only too well that there are children that would sell their parents down the river for a few bucks (not my children thank God).

As I said before, this story is simply sad. There will be no real winners, only survivors.

No, they are vouching for a girl who was trying to blackmail her parents. By all accounts she is a miscreant! And by all rights, her parents now have legal standing to sue her for slander and libel under applicable Tort Law for falsely accusing her father of sexual abuse and lofting other false accusation against them. Utter nonsense to sit there and defend a spoiled teenager like that.

That makes as much sense as the "Well Behaved Mormon Woman" telling us "Frozen" is a hidden metaphor for homosexual acceptance.

You try to extend the suffering of two of our Board members into a worthless political metaphor.

I like you, TK, but I think the above is less than trivial work.

This is happening in a blue state, whether she has a case or not is irrelevant, she will win this and it will set off a chain reaction across the country. Well maybe not, but there will be more to follow if she wins this.

This is happening in a blue state, whether she has a case or not is irrelevant, she will win this and it will set off a chain reaction across the country. Well maybe not, but there will be more to follow if she wins this.

She has already lost the case.

Judge Denies Tuition Money, Child Support For NJ Teen Suing Parents

Judge Denies Tuition Money For Rachel Canning, NJ Teen Suing Parents « CBS New York

There is a second hearing coming up on April 22, but the judge already said he was ruling in favor of the parents.

Interestingly, in the pleadings her father specifically stated, not only was he a 'liberal' he was also a "liberal parent", but felt that her boyfriends parents and the people she was living with were too liberal in their parenting. I don't think this has much to do with liberal vs conservative. I see many liberals and cons against what this girl is trying to do on this thread.

My Irony-meter just broke. Anyone else's peg out and snap?

One thing the jobless wonder appears to be missing is this: I never once mentioned tuition, money, support - any of that. I addressed the issues in the family home and the chance that all is not as her parents would have you believe.

CaféAuLait;8726999 said:

Judge Denies Tuition Money For Rachel Canning, NJ Teen Suing Parents « CBS New York

There is a second hearing coming up on April 22, but the judge already said he was ruling in favor of the parents.

Interestingly, in the pleadings her father specifically stated, not only was he a 'liberal' he was also a "liberal parent", but felt that her boyfriends parents and the people she was living with were too liberal in their parenting. I don't think this has much to do with liberal vs conservative. I see many liberals and cons against what this girl is trying to do on this thread.

From information available thus far, I'd say the parents have most likely identified the crux of their (and their daughter's) problems. How well was this young lady doing before the boyfriend and his family came into her life, and what has occurred since?

CaféAuLait;8726999 said:

But the usual suspects have trotted in on her side. They are throwing around all the 'family issues' that need fixed. Shades of Justin Beiber. She is grown. Raised. It is over. There is no more raising to be done here. You can't go back and unscramble eggs. The best thing she could do is buck up, get a job and work her way through a state school. But, of course, like our libs on here who, themselves, are too god to work she wants daddy to pay the bill. And her parents need to defend themselves against her blackmail attempts and move on. I'd say moving to another country and changing their names should work nicely.

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;8726999 said:

From information available thus far, I'd say the parents have most likely identified the crux of their (and their daughter's) problems. How well was this young lady doing before the boyfriend and his family came into her life, and what has occurred since?

Unfortunately, what has happened after is almost impossible to know. She is still not home, even after being asked, welcomed and told to come home by her parents. She refused to abide by their rules; "get counseling and stop seeing the boy and show respect". ( which is proved by Rachel's submitted evidence) She said she refused to come back unless she was allowed to see this boy she had been suspended with twice. ( Again Rachel's submitted evidence) There is a file I linked to many pages back, with 150 plus pages of evidence, declarations, and court proceedings.

The parents are pretty upset at the two families enabling her. They stated in their pleadings, they felt the entire situation would have settled on its own, if she had not been enabled by other families and sheltered from their parenting rules. And I agree with them.

According to her parents in their sworn statements, Rachel always compared their rules to the other two sets of house holds, both of which she has lived in since running away. Both sets of parents according to Rachel were allowing many things her parents did not. Additionally, her parents make the claim the home she is living in, is a home with a lot of money, something else Rachel complained about; not being able to live like her friends and having expensive items.

She is still seeing the boy, I have no clue about current school issues, just the past suspensions, her being removed as a cheer leader and from school clubs by the school by school officials.

It is just amazing that other parents would take her in and support her in rebelling against her parents. Do those people expect her parents to still foot the bill for schooling? As she is 18, she can do what she wants with her life, and those people can support it, but as she IS 18, her parents are no longer obligated to support her in any way.

The only one in this thread who is too good to work is not a lib.

Don't bring up facts...it just ruins Munchausen's rant.

As far as I am aware, all the libs on here are working, unless they are retired. I work very hard, and worked my way through college and university. The only poster on here I know of for certain who is not working is TK, who appears to be living off a relative, one who may be living on, at least in part, social security.

My Irony-meter just broke. Anyone else's peg out and snap?

:thup:

Forum List

Back