Teen told he can't join the marines because of his Confederate Flag tatoo

Those with such southern pride should be joining up with the confederate army.
There is no Confederate army because there is no more confederacy. But there is a Confederate legacy in spite of the attempts at censorship and fascism by indoctrinated anti-Americans who apply only their one close minded view of history.

Yep and I've got no more use for the bleeding heart heritage cries of these crackers than I do for those Hispanics marching through our cities waving their Mexican flags.

that you people are so delusional is genuinely funny. or sad. kinda toes that line.

but here's the analysis - for 150 years that banner has been raised by traitors and racists and thus is a symbol of hatred.

can you dispute that?
No and I didn't. But you want to apply only that view. Because you are close minded.
no other view has merit
That is a perfect illustration of your own close minded ignorance. Indoctrination. You are the bigotry you allegedly to oppose.
bigotry against racism and hate? I'm okay with that
That's your own close minded ignorant bigoted view.
You promote fascism.
promote fascism? how so?

close minded, yes. bigoted, i suppose. but ignorant? no. pretending the confederate rag does not represent hate is ignorant.

There is no Confederate army because there is no more confederacy. But there is a Confederate legacy in spite of the attempts at censorship and fascism by indoctrinated anti-Americans who apply only their one close minded view of history.
a legacy of racism, hate, and traitors.

how proud

I have a cousin who used to have a naked woman tattooed on himself. He couldn't enlist until the woman was dressed.

God bless you and my cousin always!!!

Holly

oh well, the 1st Amendment wasn't all that important
You're somehow under the impression that this is a first amendment issue?
the military had rules that tats couldn't show while in uniform

now you can't have certain tats

what part of this not being Constitutional is over your head?
The Constitutional rights of military personnel are slightly more restrictive.
so?

they have uniform standards, that tat fit the standard

so?

it absolutely doesn't

so?

it absolutely doesn't
Then you are nothing but a sheep.

4 legs good, 2 legs better.

you were predicted.

Yep and I've got no more use for the bleeding heart heritage cries of these crackers than I do for those Hispanics marching through our cities waving their Mexican flags.
Those highspanics aren't celebrating American heritage. Apples and avacados.

No and I didn't. But you want to apply only that view. Because you are close minded.
no other view has merit
That is a perfect illustration of your own close minded ignorance. Indoctrination. You are the bigotry you allegedly to oppose.
You promote fascism.
promote fascism? how so?

close minded, yes. bigoted, i suppose. but ignorant? no. pretending the confederate rag does not represent hate is ignorant.
Pretending that it represents only hate is ignorant. And it never represents hate. Haters abuse it for that purpose but that is on them.

a legacy of racism, hate, and traitors.

how proud
That is your close minded bigoted misapprehension.
Are you going to ban half of the Maryland flag?

The Union had 4 slave states of it's own during the Civil War so i guess the american flag is racist too.

Teen was turned away from Marines because of Confederate flag tattoo

jan 22 2016 Anthony Bauswell, 18, has the rebel flag inked on his rib
He said he got 'Southern Pride' added so it wouldn't be seen as racist
But the recruiter told him it was an 'automatic DQ'
The military prohibits all racist, extremist or gang-related tattoos

3078294100000578-0-image-m-18_1453473155827.jpg

Souther Pride with Confederate Flag (losing side) is RACIST, you dumb uncle fucker.

no other view has merit
You promote fascism.
promote fascism? how so?

Pretending that it represents only hate is ignorant. And it never represents hate. Haters abuse it for that purpose but that is on them.
read the thread. did i ever say it represents only hate?

swastikas don't represent only nazis, but don't expect to sport a tattoo of one and not have people think you hate jews

and of course it represented hate..it was born out of hate

Last edited:

so?

You brought up the constitutionality of it not me. Apparently the recruiter thinks otherwise or the potential recruit would not have been a no go. If the kid is serious about joining he can try to get a waiver, change, or remove the tattoo. I would say he isn't that serious since his first reaction was to contact the media and not do any of those other things.

From the OP:
"While each branch of the military has its own specific rules, the prohibition of racist, extremist or gang-related tattoos is all-encompassing."

Marines:
"2) TATTOOS/BRANDS THAT ARE SEXIST (EXPRESS NUDITY), RACIST, ECCENTRIC OR OFFENSIVE IN NATURE, EXPRESS AN ASSOCIATION WITH CONDUCT OR SUBSTANCES PROHIBITED BY THE MARINE CORPS DRUG POLICY AND THE UNIFORM CODE OF MILITARY JUSTICE (UCMJ), TO INCLUDE TATTOOS ASSOCIATED WITH ILLEGAL DRUGS, DRUG USAGE, OR PARAPHERNALIA, ARE PROHIBITED.
(3) TATTOOS/BRANDS THAT DEPICT VULGAR OR ANTI-AMERICAN CONTENT, BRING POSSIBLE DISCREDIT TO THE MARINE CORPS, OR ASSOCIATE THE APPLICANT/MARINE WITH ANY EXTREMIST GROUP OR ORGANIZATION ARE PROHIBITED."
AMPLIFICATION TO THE MARINE CORPS TATTOO POLICY > The Official United States Marine Corps Public Website > Messages Display

I'd say the confederate flag is American. As its a flag of traitors who waged war against America.

Anyone else amused that ogbill there REFUSES to answer the question about the amurican flag being a racist symbol?
On another note
NO self respecting southerner would join the US military. I won't and my kids won't. I will NOT serve the military that's occupying my country. PERIOD. I am a Confederate Citizen and do anything I can do drag down the US occupation every single day. Why in the holy hell would you join the occupied forces military!?

You must be a Democrat, right? One of the Southern Democrats that didn't change parties?

Anyone else amused that ogbill there REFUSES to answer the question about the amurican flag being a racist symbol?
On another note
NO self respecting southerner would join the US military. I won't and my kids won't. I will NOT serve the military that's occupying my country. PERIOD. I am a Confederate Citizen and do anything I can do drag down the US occupation every single day. Why in the holy hell would you join the occupied forces military!?

You must be a Democrat, right? One of the Southern Democrats that didn't change parties?
I don't vote party nor am I registered with either party.

Folks. This is the perfect example of YA CAN'T FIX STUPID. Its not even worth arguing with such ignorance and hatred.
there is no argument.

again, there is no debate that the confederate flag is a symbol of hate
Yawn. Keep spewing the hatred and bigotry.
yep, i hate racists and am bigoted towards those displaying racist symbols.
Your opinion vs Fact my boy. You obviously hate capitals as well. YOU are the racist and bigot.
that the confederate flag is a symbol of hate is not an opinion. it is a fact.

who am i racist against?

You are obviously being a bigot against those who disagree with your so-called fact.

Forum List

Back