The Misrepresented Political History of the Confederate Battle Flag

Walmart doesn't sell Nazi flags either - is that unfair to Neo-Nazis?

Walmart is an exception to the fact. Amazon sells communist, Nazi, and ISIS paraphernalia, but somehow the Confederate Battle Flag is more offensive than any of those things, according to them at least.

Walmart is an exception to the fact. Amazon sells communist, Nazi, and ISIS paraphernalia, but somehow the Confederate Battle Flag is more offensive than any of those things, according to them at least.

I've heard that talking point a few times now, but I've tried searching Amazon for "Nazi flags" or "ISIS flags", and it returns no results.

I've heard that talking point a few times now, but I've tried searching Amazon for "Nazi flags" or "ISIS flags", and it returns no results.

Because, they just now took them ALL down.

Because, they just now took them ALL down.

Wait - so they stopped selling Nazi and ISIS flags along with stopping selling the Confederate flag? Doesn't that invalidate your above argument anyway?

Where are you getting your information about Amazon selling Nazi and ISIS flags?

Where are you getting your information about Amazon selling Nazi and ISIS flags?

Well, the Nazi flag was on sale as recently as yesterday. All of a sudden, they took this down too, it appears today according to the reviews:

Amazon.com 3 X5 NAZI SS Flag WWII German Germany Third 3rd Reich Hitler Patio Lawn Garden

Along with this one:

nazi-flag.jpg

And this one was from Tuesday:

flag1.jpg

These were on sale the day they stopped selling Confederate flags.

Doesn't that invalidate your argument anyway?

No, they didn't do it right off. They were still on sale when they took down the Confederate flags.

Do you have anything to back this claim up, other than rumors?

I tried searching for Nazi and ISIS flags on Amazon a couple of days ago, immediately after the first time I heard someone make the claim you did - still no results.

Well, the Nazi flag was on sale as recently as yesterday. All of a sudden, they took this down too, it appears today according to the reviews:

Amazon.com 3 X5 NAZI SS Flag WWII German Germany Third 3rd Reich Hitler Patio Lawn Garden

And this one was from Tuesday:

CITV119UMAAAHtJ.jpg

These were on sale the day they stopped selling Confederate flags.

I don't know what to tell you, but I searched on Tuesday, and found nothing. I even posted about it here - I don't remember what thread it was, though.

Either way, I don't see how it matters.

Either way, I don't see how it matters.

It doesn't anymore. lol. Resistance is futile.

Don't be a drama queen. No one is victimizing you.

What Amazon chooses to sell is up to them, no matter whether or not you think it's "fair".

There are plenty of websites and stores that still sell Confederate flags (many of them sell Nazi flags, too), and no one is banning them.

I'm not. I just recognize a trend when I see one.

There are plenty of websites and stores that still sell Confederate flags (many of them sell Nazi flags, too), and no one is banning them.

No, of course not, but it will be harder to do so. And I have a completely negative opinion of ISIS and the Nazis, so you'll forgive me if I state the opinion that those flags should be banned from sale here in the US.

I'm not. I just recognize a trend when I see one.

No, of course not, but it will be harder to do so. And I have a completely negative opinion of ISIS and the Nazis, so you'll forgive me if I state the opinion that those flags should be banned from sale here in the US.

I disagree. We have free speech in this country, and that applies to flags.

I'm honestly a little thrown by the fact that you want to ban the Nazi flag, but think that stores voluntarily ceasing sales of Confederate flags somehow signifies an apocalyptic Borg future.

I'm honestly a little thrown by the fact that you want to ban the Nazi flag, but think that stores voluntarily ceasing sales of Confederate flags somehow signifies an apocalyptic Borg future.

Oh, I don't know, because I know the actual philosophy behind those (the ISIS and Nazi) flags, perhaps? Civil War history is wrought with revisionism. Was it slavery or was it race? Was it even about slavery or race?

People's choices are being limited, and what I see is political correctness run amok. Oh sure, lets make people run to private dealers to get their confederate flags, make them more conspicuous in the eyes of the PC culture.

We have free speech in this country, and that applies to flags.

Well, I don't think all the big box retailers got that message. But as you pointed out that's their decision.

As I have pointed out many times, the concept of "Free speech" applies to the government, not to private businesses.

I can't support the government "banning" a flag, but I'll support the rights of businesses to choose not to sell whatever they want.

Try searching for "swastika". They list them as "Buddhist" symbols, but I really doubt that everyone who buys one is Buddhist.

Speaking of which, how does your concept that other people's ideas of what my heritage symbol means should override mine coincide with the fact that the swastika has been around long before the Nazis, and means something totally different to other cultures? Should they be forced to abandon their symbols due to the limited understanding and offendedness of others?

Forum List

Back