Teen told he can't join the marines because of his Confederate Flag tatoo

Just for the coolness.

c1812f4e130f6b3ca860eb8fa341d51c.jpg

"But the recruiter told him it was an 'automatic DQ'
The military prohibits all racist, extremist or gang-related tattoos"

Ah, so it isn't about a 'southern teen' its about all racists and their self-absorbed way of telling the rest of the world they are racist.

There is no reason to assume the teen is racist or that he meant the Flag as a symbol of racism.
except of course that the flag is a symbol of racism and racists.

Except that it's not.
wrong.
It's been accepted as a harmless symbol of regional pride for generations.
wrong
Until recently when you libs started getting really desperate for new examples of "racism" and had to invent some more.
wrong

the banner has always been a symbol of racists from the first time it was hoisted.

if you want to pretend that it's also a sign of heritage (a heritage of slavery, treason, racism, and jim crow) that's fine, but it still represents racism and hate.
Only to racist fascists like you who apply only one selective, close minded view of history in order to push a racist agenda.
racist? fascist?

now you're just throwing words around with no regard for their meaning.

and I'm sorry that you view reality as some sort of agenda I'm pushing, but reality is the confederate flag is a symbol of racists and hate. always has been, always will be.

if you feel it represents other things I'm sorry, but the racists have ruined it for everyone. better to find another symbol to represent your supposed "southern pride"

maybe try one that didn't start out as a banner for treasonous men fighting to maintain slavery

"Teen told he can't join the marines because of his Confederate Flag tatoo"

And now he'd dealing with the consequences of his actions, he has no one to blame but himself.

yep, i hate racists and am bigoted towards those displaying racist symbols.
Your opinion vs Fact my boy. You obviously hate capitals as well. YOU are the racist and bigot.
that the confederate flag is a symbol of hate is not an opinion. it is a fact.

who am i racist against?
Its an opinion child. You are OBVIOUSLY racist against white southerners. Did I REALLY need to explain that to you. You are ALSO a hypocrite. Amurican flag was flown over slave ships NOT the Confederate flag yet you LOVEEE the amurican flag.
early in the day to be drinking, isn't it?

you bet the american flag has been associated with troubling activities, like the slave trade, japanese internment, or the horrible way we treated the native americans.

but as i said, the american flag symbolizes more than that, and if younask people what it means to.them hatred and bigotry won't crack the top ten.

the confederate flag is one of traitors and racists and symbolizes hate. that us a fact. some people may want to claim it symbolizes heritage, and they are right. it symbolizes a heritage of traitors, racists, and hate.

and racist against southern whites? that's absurd. i dislike racism and bigotry, two traits over-represented among southern whites. but i am not racist
And the Confederate flag symbolizes fighting back against tyranny. Nuff said. I don't drink either bigot scum.
Nonsense.

It 'symbolizes' no such thing.

"TATTOOS/BRANDS THAT DEPICT VULGAR OR ANTI-AMERICAN CONTENT, BRING POSSIBLE DISCREDIT TO THE MARINE CORPS, OR ASSOCIATE THE APPLICANT/MARINE WITH ANY EXTREMIST GROUP OR ORGANIZATION ARE PROHIBITED."

The 'confederate' flag clearly falls in this category.

There is no reason to assume the teen is racist or that he meant the Flag as a symbol of racism.

Except that it's not.
wrong.
wrong
Until recently when you libs started getting really desperate for new examples of "racism" and had to invent some more.
wrong

the banner has always been a symbol of racists from the first time it was hoisted.

if you want to pretend that it's also a sign of heritage (a heritage of slavery, treason, racism, and jim crow) that's fine, but it still represents racism and hate.
Only to racist fascists like you who apply only one selective, close minded view of history in order to push a racist agenda.
racist? fascist?

and I'm sorry that you view reality as some sort of agenda I'm pushing, but reality is the confederate flag is a symbol of racists and hate. always has been, always will be.

if you feel it represents other things I'm sorry, but the racists have ruined it for everyone. better to find another symbol to represent your supposed "southern pride"

maybe try one that didn't start out as a banner for treasonous men fighting to maintain slavery
You answered your own question with your one dimensional, close minded opinion of the flag.
Your logic suggests that all vestiges of American history prior to civil rights should be eradicated because they represent racism exclusively.

Right. That's why Maryland is to the south of the Mason-Dixon Line.

Your wording does not indicate what you think it says. It is very vague as to what is "to the south". "They" is an improper pronoun to be used for a state. Your wording makes that unclear.
I mentioned one state which is represented by its people (plural). If you can't decipher with that much info then that would be your problem.

Sorry. You need to work on your wording if you don't want people telling you that what you said is wrong.
Do you have anything to add to the conversation beyond your own petty misapprehension?

Misapprehension? My what a big word you used incorrectly! There is no misapprehension on my part. I know you are wrong!
So your answer to my question is 'no'.

Except that it's not.
wrong.
wrong
wrong

racist? fascist?

You answered your own question with your one dimensional, close minded opinion of the flag.
Your logic suggests that all vestiges of American history prior to civil rights should be eradicated because they represent racism exclusively.
That's an erroneous conclusion

Except that it's not.
wrong.
wrong
wrong

racist? fascist?

You need to explain why lest you be nothing but a trolling contrarian.

Idiot wants a paycheck & benefits from the nation he opposes. :lol:

He should go try & get paid from the confederate nation.

Do you want people with ISIS tattoo in the US military?

Last edited:
The military is not tattoo friendly like they used to be...

Yup. I know a girl who wanted to enlist in the Air Force and she was told her tattoos had to go.

Nothing new there. As far as I know none of the services want tattoos and they have to be removed before you can enlist.

The military is not tattoo friendly like they used to be...

Yup. I know a girl who wanted to enlist in the Air Force and she was told her tattoos had to go.

Nothing new there. As far as I know none of the services want tattoos and they have to be removed before you can enlist.
When I was in the Army they would not let you get a marine hair cut, said they were not in a military manner....These idiots that bitch about the military have never been in the military and do not understand the madness..

Except that it's not.
wrong.
wrong
wrong

racist? fascist?

You haven't explained how this supposedly racist symbol was accepted by HOLLYWOOD and the America TV audience from 1979 to 1985 as a harmless symbol of SOuthern Pride.

john_schneider_general_lee.jpg

"TATTOOS/BRANDS THAT DEPICT VULGAR OR ANTI-AMERICAN CONTENT, BRING POSSIBLE DISCREDIT TO THE MARINE CORPS, OR ASSOCIATE THE APPLICANT/MARINE WITH ANY EXTREMIST GROUP OR ORGANIZATION ARE PROHIBITED."

The 'confederate' flag clearly falls in this category.

Bullshit.

wrong.
wrong
wrong

racist? fascist?

you won't like the explanation.

the american flag, while flown over many dark events, is not the flag of those events. while it's true that it was the flag of a slave holding nation it's also the flag of a nation that set those slaves free.

it may be the flag that saw jim crow laws and racial segregation but it's also the flag of the nation that codified equal rights for everyone.

perhaps you weren't talking about the flag - I'd be interested to know what specifically you meant by "vestiges of American history" - but we can't say that the flag of the traitors has ever represented anything but racism and hate.

it was sewn as a flag for men fighting to preserve slavery and adopted after the war by groups like the Klan. it has always been a symbol of oppression, and even if someone wants to fly it as "southern pride" (whatever that is) that "pride" has to include a history of racism, hate, and slavery.

and finally let me ask - do you really believe that most people showing that icon do so without racial animus in tbeir hearts?

racist? fascist?

you won't like the explanation.

the american flag, while flown over many dark events, is not the flag of those events. while it's true that it was the flag of a slave holding nation it's also the flag of a nation that set those slaves free.

it may be the flag that saw jim crow laws and racial segregation but it's also the flag of the nation that codified equal rights for everyone.

perhaps you weren't talking about the flag - I'd be interested to know what specifically you meant by "vestiges of American history" - but we can't say that the flag of the traitors has ever represented anything but racism and hate.

it was sewn as a flag for men fighting to preserve slavery and adopted after the war by groups like the Klan. it has always been a symbol of oppression, and even if someone wants to fly it as "southern pride" (whatever that is) that "pride" has to include a history of racism, hate, and slavery.

and finally let me ask - do you really believe that most people showing that icon do so without racial animus in tbeir hearts?

It was adopted after the war by the People of the South as a harmless symbol of regional pride.

As demonstrated by the nation wide acceptance of the use of the flag in that role in the hit show the Dukes of Hazzard.

john_schneider_general_lee.jpg

You can have tats but they can't be racist. Thing is "southern pride" is not racist. Yes the south had slaves up to 1865 but so did the north.

You can have tats but they can't be racist. Thing is "southern pride" is not racist. Yes the south had slaves up to 1865 but so did the north.
southern pride isn't racist (although it is something racists like to claim)
the confederate battle flag sure is racist though

Forum List

Back