Teen told he can't join the marines because of his Confederate Flag tatoo

Peoples families fought in that war.
those people should be ashamed of the traitors in their family tree

Do you include those who had family members that fought in the Revolutionary War? They were traitors.
they were traitors to the crown - fighting a just fight against tyranny.

the confederacy was fighting against a representative republic to keep the right to own people as property. there is no comparison

The confederacy was fighting against what they considered tyranny of an overbearing federal government just like the colonists. That you can't see it proves you know nothing of history.

In other words, you justify what you consider traitorous activity. That makes you a traitor.
you are a very confused individual.

what they thiught their reasons were is irrelevant to their status as traitors.

and they had representation in government.
just because they could read the writing on the wall and saw that slavery would come to an wnd over their objections does not make them noble or in any way justified

except of course that the flag is a symbol of racism and racists.

Except that it's not.
wrong.
It's been accepted as a harmless symbol of regional pride for generations.
wrong
Until recently when you libs started getting really desperate for new examples of "racism" and had to invent some more.
wrong

the banner has always been a symbol of racists from the first time it was hoisted.

if you want to pretend that it's also a sign of heritage (a heritage of slavery, treason, racism, and jim crow) that's fine, but it still represents racism and hate.
Only to racist fascists like you who apply only one selective, close minded view of history in order to push a racist agenda.
racist? fascist?

now you're just throwing words around with no regard for their meaning.

and I'm sorry that you view reality as some sort of agenda I'm pushing, but reality is the confederate flag is a symbol of racists and hate. always has been, always will be.

if you feel it represents other things I'm sorry, but the racists have ruined it for everyone. better to find another symbol to represent your supposed "southern pride"

maybe try one that didn't start out as a banner for treasonous men fighting to maintain slavery

You haven't explained how this supposedly racist symbol was accepted by HOLLYWOOD and the America TV audience from 1979 to 1985 as a harmless symbol of SOuthern Pride.

john_schneider_general_lee.jpg

Still waiting.

You haven't explained how this supposedly racist symbol was accepted by HOLLYWOOD and the America TV audience from 1979 to 1985 as a harmless symbol of SOuthern Pride.

Do you include those who had family members that fought in the Revolutionary War? They were traitors.

the confederacy was fighting against a representative republic to keep the right to own people as property. there is no comparison

The confederacy was fighting against what they considered tyranny of an overbearing federal government just like the colonists. That you can't see it proves you know nothing of history.

In other words, you justify what you consider traitorous activity. That makes you a traitor.

just because they could read the writing on the wall and saw that slavery would come to an wnd over their objections does not make them noble or in any way justified

You said both were traitors then tried to justify how one you agreed with was OK.

Except that it's not.
wrong.
It's been accepted as a harmless symbol of regional pride for generations.
wrong
Until recently when you libs started getting really desperate for new examples of "racism" and had to invent some more.
wrong

the banner has always been a symbol of racists from the first time it was hoisted.

if you want to pretend that it's also a sign of heritage (a heritage of slavery, treason, racism, and jim crow) that's fine, but it still represents racism and hate.
Only to racist fascists like you who apply only one selective, close minded view of history in order to push a racist agenda.
racist? fascist?

and I'm sorry that you view reality as some sort of agenda I'm pushing, but reality is the confederate flag is a symbol of racists and hate. always has been, always will be.

if you feel it represents other things I'm sorry, but the racists have ruined it for everyone. better to find another symbol to represent your supposed "southern pride"

maybe try one that didn't start out as a banner for treasonous men fighting to maintain slavery

Still waiting.

LOL Its so funny you think this is an argument or what you say is even true. People did protest this back then.

Regardless, the swastika wasn't seen as negative for hundreds of years until douchebag von suckface stole it.

Things change dumbledore.

Allegiance to one's state is anything but treason. You are so brainwashed by federal government overreach that you are unaware that we are still a collection of states, each with alleged sovereignty and regional pride.
If you hate that concept so much I expect you 'd want to abolish the SREB (Southern Regional Education Board), a consortium of southern states who pool state university resources in order to attract and accommodate out of state students.

wrong.
wrong
wrong

racist? fascist?

Still waiting.

LOL Its so funny you think this is an argument or what you say is even true. People did protest this back then.

Regardless, the swastika wasn't seen as negative for hundreds of years until douchebag von suckface stole it.

i've looked for any record of anyone protesting against it, at the time and have been unable to find anything.

I would love a link on that.

It must have BEEN TINY if what you claim is true, because it certainly have NO impact on the popular hit show.

As I said, Lefty Hollywood was happy to produce this show that presented not only the Confederate Flag, but pride in General Lee as harmless symbols of regional pride.

And the nation wide TV viewing audience was happy to accept it, with nary a peep.

wrong.
wrong
wrong

racist? fascist?

Still waiting.

The swastika earned its negative reputation through attempted genocide. This negative view of the confederate flag is a contrivance by close minded, racist fascists attempting to impose their fascist will and using anomalous negative representations as an excuse.

racist? fascist?

Still waiting.

The swastika earned its negative reputation through attempted genocide. This negative view of the confederate flag is a contrivance by close minded, racist fascists attempting to impose their fascist will and using anomalous negative representations as an excuse.

A RECENT contrivance as demonstrated by the Dukes of Hazzard.

racist? fascist?

Still waiting.

The swastika earned its negative reputation through attempted genocide.
the confederate flag earned its reputation by being the flag of traitors and racists.

do racists fly the confederate flag as a sign of their racism?

You said both were traitors then tried to justify how one you agreed with was OK.
both were traitors. one was a group of traitors fighting for a just cause and the other was a group throwing a fit because they wanted to keep owning slaves.

can you really compare the two?

both were traitors. one was a group of traitors fighting for a just cause and the other was a group throwing a fit because they wanted to keep owning slaves.

Since you say both were traitors, you compared the two.

Like I said, you justify someone being a traitor when you agree with them. Your words, not mine.

That you think it about slavery proves you know nothing and are a traitor.

racist? fascist?

Still waiting.

people then were widely opposed to interracial relationships.

just because something is acceptable at the time doesn't mean it isn't racist

Like I said, you justify someone being a traitor when you agree with them. Your words, not mine.

that you think it wasn't shows you lack an education

It shows I wasn't indoctrinated like you.

That you justify treason proves you are one.

It shows I wasn't indoctrinated like you.

That you justify treason proves you are one.
treason for a just cause is justified.

treason to keep the right to own people is not justified

Still waiting.

people then were widely opposed to interracial relationships.

just because something is acceptable at the time doesn't mean it isn't racist

Racism was certainly as dirty a word then as it is now. Maybe more so, since that time period had NOT had thirty extra years of libs misusing the word.

And there was ZERO concern about the presentation of the Flag as a harmless symbol of regional pride, and it's "fliers" being presented as very sympathetic characters.

It was accepted as a harmless symbol of regional pride.

It was just the part of the setting of the show, ie the South.

It was not considered a racist symbol at that time.

And for generations before that.

The Union had 4 slave states of it's own during the Civil War so i guess the american flag is racist too.

Teen was turned away from Marines because of Confederate flag tattoo

jan 22 2016 Anthony Bauswell, 18, has the rebel flag inked on his rib
He said he got 'Southern Pride' added so it wouldn't be seen as racist
But the recruiter told him it was an 'automatic DQ'
The military prohibits all racist, extremist or gang-related tattoos

3078294100000578-0-image-m-18_1453473155827.jpg
Traitors should never be part of the armed forces.

Well they said it was about slavery. What confused you about that?

Forum List

Back