Tennessee refs cheat Alabama of a victory...

There were missed calls and questionable calls.

This one should have been a targeting penalty. The refs even reviewed it.

I agree the hit on bama qb should have been targeting but he should have laid there and pretended he was knocked out and he would have got the call....thats how it works in ncaa but there were a lot of missed calls, intense games always have those

I'm not one to bitch and moan about a loss but there were so many non-calls, all benefiting TN that it was BLATANT. The targeting against Young, alone, should have been reviewed. I wish there were a mechanism to hold crews like this accountable. I haven't been this pissed about a loss in 20 uears or more. THE BASTARDS CHEATED.
And yet, here you are...bitching and moaning.

Alabama has no business anywhere near the playoffs this year
I have some time, and was reminded of this thread as I was scrolling. I thought I'd revisit it.

Right now Bama is ranked #6. If the bowl bids went out today, Bama would be out of the playoffs. And the playoffs would be 2 SEC teams and 2 BIG10 teams.

But there is more season ahead.

Georgia and TN play each other in a couple of weeks. If Georgia wins and Alabama wins the rest of our schedule, we play GA in the SEC Championship. Win that and we are in the playoffs.

If TN wins, then they will go to the SEC Championship. If we cut out some stupid shit from our players, we can beat TN and we are in the playoffs.

But winning out is easier said than done. We still have to play MS State (and ranked team), LSU, #7 Ole Miss (only undefeated team in the SEC West) a cupcake, and auburn (never a sure bet).

Also, I hope, as is often the case, the team learns from the loss. The talent is there. But jeez they played sloppy. If they accept it as a challenge, and focus, we can win it all.

So we will see.

I have some time, and was reminded of this thread as I was scrolling. I thought I'd revisit it.

Right now Bama is ranked #6. If the bowl bids went out today, Bama would be out of the playoffs. And the playoffs would be 2 SEC teams and 2 BIG10 teams.
They shouldn’t currently be ranked ahead of ole Miss or TCU. Both undefeated with wins against multiple ranked teams. Frankly they shouldn’t be ranked ahead of UCLA either for the same reason. That puts them at 9 at best.

Georgia and TN play each other in a couple of weeks. If Georgia wins and Alabama wins the rest of our schedule, we play GA in the SEC Championship. Win that and we are in the playoffs.

If TN wins, then they will go to the SEC Championship. If we cut out some stupid shit from our players, we can beat TN and we are in the playoffs.

But winning out is easier said than done. We still have to play MS State (and ranked team), LSU, #7 Ole Miss (only undefeated team in the SEC West) a cupcake, and auburn (never a sure bet).

Also, I hope, as is often the case, the team learns from the loss. The talent is there. But jeez they played sloppy. If they accept it as a challenge, and focus, we can win it all.

So we will see.
You are correct that the committee will do eveything it can to justify putting Alabama in the playoffs.

There are 4 power 5 conference Champions that could end up undefeated. Clemson, OSU/UM, UCLA and TCU. Who gets left out for a 1 loss Alabama? All will have more wins over ranked teams than Alabama and more importantly they won’t have lost.

So we will see.
better get those bama dbs some wheaties or something Hyatt looked like he was riding a jet ski while rolling past them

They shouldn’t currently be ranked ahead of ole Miss or TCU. Both undefeated with wins against multiple ranked teams. Frankly they shouldn’t be ranked ahead of UCLA either for the same reason. That puts them at 9 at best.

You are correct that the committee will do eveything it can to justify putting Alabama in the playoffs.

There are 4 power 5 conference Champions that could end up undefeated. Clemson, OSU/UM, UCLA and TCU. Who gets left out for a 1 loss Alabama? All will have more wins over ranked teams than Alabama and more importantly they won’t have lost.

There are always more undefeated teams in October than in December.

UCLA still has to play USC and #10 Oregon. I doubt they will remain undefeated.
TCU still has to play #17 Kansas State and Texas. I doubt they will be undefeated. I would even say they are a long shot for the conference title.

This year’s version is not the typical Alabama team the college football world has come to expect

Saben has slipped a little due to more competition from more schools for the best players

Except for Vanderbilt the entire SEC has upped its game

There are always more undefeated teams in October than in December.

UCLA still has to play USC and #10 Oregon. I doubt they will remain undefeated.
TCU still has to play #17 Kansas State and Texas. I doubt they will be undefeated. I would even say they are a long shot for the conference title.
KSU maybe but Texas is a shit show. Just because they played Alabama close doesn’t make them a good team. Texas lost to TTU.

USC‘s defense is very suspect, and if they beat UCLA and win the PAC 12 why do they miss out and not Alabama? That program bias rearing its ugly head Again

This year’s version is not the typical Alabama team the college football world has come to expect

Saben has slipped a little due to more competition from more schools for the best players

Except for Vanderbilt the entire SEC has upped its game
Just like his stint in the NFL it’s tougher to be the “best coach ever“ when you dont have the best player at every position.

Just like his stint in the NFL it’s tougher to be the “best coach ever“ when you dont have the best player at every position.
Like the man says, it aint the x’s and o’s but the Jimmies and Joe’s that win ball games

But either way nick saban is the best of all time

KSU maybe but Texas is a shit show. Just because they played Alabama close doesn’t make them a good team. Texas lost to TTU.

USC‘s defense is very suspect, and if they beat UCLA and win the PAC 12 why do they miss out and not Alabama? That program bias rearing its ugly head Again
Texas is like many good teams

It does not have much depth

So one key player out can make the difference

But that applies to the competition also

I like the Longhorns chances within the Big 12

And how did Bama get the best player at every position? The answer is Nick Saban.

There is not another coach in college football that even comes close.

USC lost to a team that is now 5-2 and ranked #15 in the AP poll.
Bama lost to an undefeated team that is now ranked #3 in the AP poll.

If there is a bias it is from you.

USC lost to a team that is now 5-2 and ranked #15 in the AP poll.
Bama lost to an undefeated team that is now ranked #3 in the AP poll.

If there is a bias it is from you.
I didn’t say USC should be ranked with or above Alabama currently.

Just the 2 teams with less losses and better wins……

Last edited:

As I said before, there is a lot of season left.

Right now, UCLA is losing to Oregon. Ole Miss is losing to LSU.

Of course, Alabama still has to play the two Mississippi teams.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back