Term limits for congress will benefit all

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
Ive became aware how hard it is for existing politicians to change their platforms because the original platform is what got them into office. It is like the old saying if it ain't broken don't fix it. This is why politicians on either side are reluctant to listen to new ideas. Those new ideas could get them dejected out of office. I think term limits will force old stagnant politicians out of office and allow newer ones with fresh ideas to take their place. It just seems that the entire political system is often reluctant to do anything new and is stuck playing the same old record until they die.

Ive became aware how hard it is for existing politicians to change their platforms because the original platform is what got them into office. It is like the old saying if it ain't broken don't fix it. This is why politicians on either side are reluctant to listen to new ideas. Those new ideas could get them dejected out of office. I think term limits will force old stagnant politicians out of office and allow newer ones with fresh ideas to take their place. It just seems that the entire political system is often reluctant to do anything new and is stuck playing the same old record until they die.

I guarantee you that all the libs in here will come out against it. They know the longer a politician is in Washington, the more they support big government.

It will never pass, and I'll tell you why:

Every two years, one-third of Congressional seats hit the ballot, right?
That leaves the other two-thirds to reject it.
The 1/3 that's up for election can say "I voted FOR term limits" so that endears them to the voters and gets them re-elected.

2 years later, same thing!!
Do you think the average American will remember how their Congress-critter voted 2yrs ago?

::thup:

It will never pass, and I'll tell you why:

Every two years, one-third of Congressional seats hit the ballot, right?
That leaves the other two-thirds to reject it.
The 1/3 that's up for election can say "I voted FOR term limits" so that endears them to the voters and gets them re-elected.

2 years later, same thing!!
Do you think the average American will remember how their Congress-critter voted 2yrs ago?

::thup:

It will get passed in the Article V convention that will soon take place.

I just sent an email to both our state representatives asking them their opinion. I explained that I am an Independent Voter that is the largest voting block in Colorado. After we open the primaries up where Independents have a say in both the red and blue conventions, we will be voting with this in mind.

I suggest all of you send your state reps a letter either in support or against it. Let them know your stance. Colorado has passed term limits on federal years ago but it got tossed by as 5-4 ruling in the Supreme Court. If 34 of the states pass this and then go to a State Convention and pass it that way then it becomes a law the the Federal Congresscritters have to abide by.

BTW, the 5-4 ruling was 5 Republican Nominated versus 4 Democrat Nominated. So when when you start throwing that "Liberals,,,,,spit on floor" crap, it wasn't the Dems Judges that overturn the law.

Forum List

Back