Tesla Powerwall in Australia: Electricity bill dives from $660 to $50

Oh this is so true. I don't know how many fucking times I've said over and over in thread after thread that I KNOW we aren't going to totally eliminate the use of coal and oil, but we can reduce the need to use it in some ways. Yet, some Conservatives always build that scare crow argument again and again. This isn't your planet, this isn't my planet, it's OUR planet, and it's the planet of future generations. Some people need to quit being so fucking selfish, and give up some of the unnecessary things in life so that others can have a future.

What do you consider to be "unnecessary". Just wonderin...

The need to drive a car 200 mph... when the speed limit is almost never over 70 mph. As one example.

What, you don't like racing? So in your perfect world there is no racing with the attendant technological improvements that then translate down to street cars. Is that what you're saying?

Nope, the idea of racing is based on how well a driver and a crew can beat other teams...following the same guidelines and sets of rules. Therefore you could still have racing, even if it was using electric cars that are used in a rotation as they get recharged. Racing wouldn't quite be the same as it is today, but that doesn't mean it would totally disappear. Besides, that wasn't what I was talking about anyways. I was making reference to your post about you have a 50 year old GT that can do 200 mph. Why do we need combustion engines that can go 200 mph when there is almost nowhere that you can legally drive that fast?

You do realize that cycling through cars is incredibly wasteful. Right? As far as my car go's I can drive it once a year on the road up to Virginia City, and I used to race in the vintage race car series. But who cares, at what point do you feel that government should be in control of what we do to amuse ourselves?

And at what point do you think a person should take personal responsibility to not be selfish and consider future generations of people?

The need to drive a car 200 mph... when the speed limit is almost never over 70 mph. As one example.

What, you don't like racing? So in your perfect world there is no racing with the attendant technological improvements that then translate down to street cars. Is that what you're saying?

Nope, the idea of racing is based on how well a driver and a crew can beat other teams...following the same guidelines and sets of rules. Therefore you could still have racing, even if it was using electric cars that are used in a rotation as they get recharged. Racing wouldn't quite be the same as it is today, but that doesn't mean it would totally disappear. Besides, that wasn't what I was talking about anyways. I was making reference to your post about you have a 50 year old GT that can do 200 mph. Why do we need combustion engines that can go 200 mph when there is almost nowhere that you can legally drive that fast?

You do realize that cycling through cars is incredibly wasteful. Right? As far as my car go's I can drive it once a year on the road up to Virginia City, and I used to race in the vintage race car series. But who cares, at what point do you feel that government should be in control of what we do to amuse ourselves?

And at what point do you think a person should take personal responsibility to not be selfish and consider future generations of people?

As soon as the elitists telling us to lower our standard of living stop flying 20 miles in a private jet to go to a campaign fundraiser I might start paying attention to that.

As soon as the elitists telling us to lower our standard of living stop flying 20 miles in a private jet to go to a campaign fundraiser I might start paying attention to that.

Come on...you aren't really going to pull the Hillary card? She is a piece of garbage.

Nope, the idea of racing is based on how well a driver and a crew can beat other teams...following the same guidelines and sets of rules. Therefore you could still have racing, even if it was using electric cars that are used in a rotation as they get recharged. Racing wouldn't quite be the same as it is today,
Technically, the idea of racing is based on competition, or, who comes first. You are proposing changing the rules, which means that your statement "teams...following the same guidelines and sets of rules." Is contradictory to the comments in you statement? They will follow the same rules once you change the rules so that a car that could not compete under the old rules, can compete under the new rules? Talk about a post that is full of shit. Lewdog is just like a yelping yacking lapdog.

You obviously have never watched racing or you would understand what I am saying. Cars have to all meet specific requirements, making as even a playing field as possible, putting more onus on the driver's skill, and the strategy of the crew members.

I can see you've been defeated, as you have instead fallen into the idea of nothing substantial in your posts other than insults. Congrats.
Ahhh, poor LapDog, if insults were the criteria for defeat, you lost a long time ago. Cars must meet specific requirements? Sure, yet now you propose changing the rules to make one car competitive that is at this time unable to compete. Truly I have never seen such a blatant display of rule by dictatorship. Now you demand that the rules of racing be changed so that cars that are not competitive can actually enter a race? Yes, my posts are not substantial, because I do not allow you to spew your ridiculous, ill thought, posts without pointing out how stupid they are.

"It is fair and competitive just as long as we change the rules so that it is as we dictate"?

Or, if a car can not compete because it fails to perform, we simply need to change the rules dictating that no car can perform?

Making it simply a test of who can change a tire, quickest?

Oh this is so true. I don't know how many fucking times I've said over and over in thread after thread that I KNOW we aren't going to totally eliminate the use of coal and oil, but we can reduce the need to use it in some ways. Yet, some Conservatives always build that scare crow argument again and again. This isn't your planet, this isn't my planet, it's OUR planet, and it's the planet of future generations. Some people need to quit being so fucking selfish, and give up some of the unnecessary things in life so that others can have a future.

I had a 66 fastback, nice, all meyer's racing stuff on it, from fremont. I dont think he is around anymore.

Nope, the idea of racing is based on how well a driver and a crew can beat other teams...following the same guidelines and sets of rules. Therefore you could still have racing, even if it was using electric cars that are used in a rotation as they get recharged. Racing wouldn't quite be the same as it is today,
Technically, the idea of racing is based on competition, or, who comes first. You are proposing changing the rules, which means that your statement "teams...following the same guidelines and sets of rules." Is contradictory to the comments in you statement? They will follow the same rules once you change the rules so that a car that could not compete under the old rules, can compete under the new rules? Talk about a post that is full of shit. Lewdog is just like a yelping yacking lapdog.

You obviously have never watched racing or you would understand what I am saying. Cars have to all meet specific requirements, making as even a playing field as possible, putting more onus on the driver's skill, and the strategy of the crew members.

I can see you've been defeated, as you have instead fallen into the idea of nothing substantial in your posts other than insults. Congrats.
Ahhh, poor LapDog, if insults were the criteria for defeat, you lost a long time ago. Cars must meet specific requirements? Sure, yet now you propose changing the rules to make one car competitive that is at this time unable to compete. Truly I have never seen such a blatant display of rule by dictatorship. Now you demand that the rules of racing be changed so that cars that are not competitive can actually enter a race? Yes, my posts are not substantial, because I do not allow you to spew your ridiculous, ill thought, posts without pointing out how stupid they are.

"It is fair and competitive just as long as we change the rules so that it is as we dictate"?

Or, if a car can not compete because it fails to perform, we simply need to change the rules dictating that no car can perform?

Why do you waste your keystrokes to talk about something you have absolutely NO CLUE about? Do you even know how racing works? Significant changes have already been made in racing before. On large tracks like Daytona they have restricter plate racing because the cars were going so fast that when they wrecked they would fly off the track... if you don't have any idea whatsoever what you are talking about, you should just stop... you are embarrassing yourself.

Why do you waste your keystrokes to talk about something you have absolutely NO CLUE about? Do you even know how racing works? Significant changes have already been made in racing before. On large tracks like Daytona they have restricter plate racing because the cars were going so fast that when they wrecked they would fly off the track... if you don't have any idea whatsoever what you are talking about, you should just stop... you are embarrassing yourself.
I should be embarrassed when you state racing rules should be changed to completely accommodate electric cars. Fine, you are the expert, tell us which rules specifically, should be changed? Obviously, you will post today, because you know, you know all about racing, and I don't, so show everyone what you know and tell us which rules must be changed so that an electric car can compete.

Come on...you aren't really going to pull the Hillary card? She is a piece of garbage.

No? How about Leo? Or any of a whole host of elitists telling us we all need to cut back while they flit about from continent to continent in their private jets. I am all for pollution control. However, demanding that we deindustrialize based on nothing more than computer derived science fiction is moronic.

In a thread about Tesla's Powerwall attempting to power a home, which it can not do, LapDog now wants to talk about how Electric Cars are competitive in Formula 1 racing, if only they completely change the rules and the condition of the race?

I should be embarrassed when you state racing rules should be changed to completely accommodate electric cars. Fine, you are the expert, tell us which rules specifically, should be changed? Obviously, you will post today, because you know, you know all about racing, and I don't, so show everyone what you know and tell us which rules must be changed so that an electric car can compete.

First off, I'm not really worried as much about the amount of emissions given off by race cars as I am about those given off by the millions of consumer cars on the roads today. So really this is a moot point, but it isn't about making the rules so that they accommodate electric cars, but that race cars are converted to electric cars. And just the same as it is now, there is a long list of standards that each team must abide by... the weight of the car, the height, the spoilers...whatever. We aren't talking street drag racing where there is basically no rules and you can bring whatever car you want to the race. Professional racing is structured so that there is competition.

No? How about Leo? Or any of a whole host of elitists telling us we all need to cut back while they flit about from continent to continent in their private jets. I am all for pollution control. However, demanding that we deindustrialize based on nothing more than computer derived science fiction is moronic.

Leo? Come on now. Leo's foot print, and what he has done as far as building an eco-friendly island is unreal.

Leo? Come on now. Leo's foot print, and what he has done as far as building an eco-friendly island is unreal.

Are you on drugs? Leo's carbon footprint is over 1000 times higher than mine. Eco friendly resort? Once again, are you on drugs. The only way to get to it is via boat or airplane and it was a nice un fucked with piece of property. In other words it was virgin. Now it's not.

Yes, the restrictor plates dropped the speeds by around 30 mph. But the cars can still go off the track into the stands. In other words the restrictor plates haven't done the job they were intended for. And the drivers hate them for the most part feeling that they increase the likelihood of crashes. Far better would have been to allow the racers to come up with an aerodynamic solution.

The same is true in F1. The FIA has mandated some good, and not so good rules that have turned what was once the pinnacle of car racing into a rather boring parade. Now I watch Isle of Man TT and Irish road racing as that is far more entertaining.

Are you on drugs? Leo's carbon footprint is over 1000 times higher than mine. Eco friendly resort? Once again, are you on drugs. The only way to get to it is via boat or airplane and it was a nice un fucked with piece of property. In other words it was virgin. Now it's not.

How do you expect people to get around the world? Sail boat?
leonardo_da_vinci_helicopter.jpg
?

You can not possibly be serious...

Hell, your ultra-Conservative Breitbart rag even wrote about his island...

Be Eco-Friendly at Leonardo DiCaprio's New Environmentalist Resort-for $2K a Night - Breitbart

Yes, the restrictor plates dropped the speeds by around 30 mph. But the cars can still go off the track into the stands. In other words the restrictor plates haven't done the job they were intended for. And the drivers hate them for the most part feeling that they increase the likelihood of crashes. Far better would have been to allow the racers to come up with an aerodynamic solution.

The same is true in F1. The FIA has mandated some good, and not so good rules that have turned what was once the pinnacle of car racing into a rather boring parade. Now I watch Isle of Man TT and Irish road racing as that is far more entertaining.

What you failed to mention... was WHY they believe the restrictor plates cause more crashes. It's because it makes everything so even that cars have to travel in packs to use the aerodynamics to the advantage of gaining speed.

?

Be Eco-Friendly at Leonardo DiCaprio's New Environmentalist Resort-for $2K a Night - Breitbart

You claim it's an "eco" resort but ignore the carbon expended in getting there. You also seem to think it great that he took a pristine island and fucked it up. Far better would have been to buy a pre-existing resort that was falling apart and fix that up. But no, that would be intelligent.

?

You claim it's an "eco" resort but ignore the carbon expended in getting there. You also seem to think it great that he took a pristine island and fucked it up. Far better would have been to buy a pre-existing resort that was falling apart and fix that up. But no, that would be intelligent.

Again...how do you expect people to get around the world? Sail boat? It's not practical to be able to change EVERYTHING. You have to fight battles, one at a time, and let the war settle it'self out.

What you failed to mention... was WHY they believe the restrictor plates cause more crashes. It's because it makes everything so even that cars have to travel in packs to use the aerodynamics to the advantage of gaining speed.

Yes, it REQUIRES the drivers to pack in close together which leads to more accidents. in other words it's a fucking retarded solution to a very real problem. Sounds like the government.

?

Again...how do you expect people to get around the world? Sail boat? It's not practical to be able to change EVERYTHING. You have to fight battles, one at a time, and let the war settle it'self out.

How on Earth are you "fighting a battle" when you take a perfect island and develop it? Wake the hell up silly person.

Yes, it REQUIRES the drivers to pack in close together which leads to more accidents. in other words it's a fucking retarded solution to a very real problem. Sounds like the government.

No, what it did was start a chain of events that needs to be tweaked. Adapt and overcome. :) They wanted to slow down the cars that were getting faster and faster... they did that. Now they need to figure out a way to make it so that race cars can pass without so much bumper to bumper action.

Forum List

Back