Texas billionaire H. Ross Perot dies aged 89

He was the baddest CEO in the history of mankind. When Iran took his employees hostage, he hired mercenaries to bust them out and then smuggled everyone out of the country. That dude is a GANGSTER!

https://taskandpurpose.com/texas-billionaire-led-private-commando-raid-amid-iranian-revolution
He was the first Trump. He was an independent warrior.

Making any comparison between Trump & Ross is like comparing Satan to Jesus.

The man is quite possibly the last honest Presidential candidate that spoke the truth as he knew it.
And his "crazy" charts and speeches everyone made fun of.... became reality one after another.... just like he said it would.
He was a free market capitalist, trying desperately to show Americans how our system is being replaced by a closed market system that, along with the governments direct assistance, is going to destroy the middle class lifestyle and enrich a select few. And that happened.
And no one even talks about it.

He was the baddest CEO in the history of mankind. When Iran took his employees hostage, he hired mercenaries to bust them out and then smuggled everyone out of the country. That dude is a GANGSTER!

https://taskandpurpose.com/texas-billionaire-led-private-commando-raid-amid-iranian-revolution

You would have hated him too. He wasnt part of the Swamp.

The Unbelievable Story Of A Texas Businessman Who Launched A Freelance Commando Raid in Iran

If I would have "hated" Ross then why did I vote for him?

You don't know shit.

Won’t miss him, he got Slick Willie elected. And as far as I know didn’t do much with his money.

Friend worked directly for him. It was white dress shirt and tie every day. He’s a bit of a control freak.

I thought he died a long time ago. He looked to be in his 80's back in '92. Bill Clinton can thank him for getting elected.

Had 3 choices in '92.

Clinton, Bush, and Perot.

Perot got my vote.
i was 4 years old.

So....

who did you vote for?
"I was about 9 & it was the first time I was aware that a presidential election was happening. We had to learn about the candidates in school. I came home and told my parents I wanted them to vote for Ross Perot, my dad replied, "we're voting Dole."" - Ryan Girdusky of the Washington Examiner

same here!

Perot was way ahead of his time and he accurately predicted the decline of the middle class. It was about the time the corporate leadership of my employer at the time was licking it chops at the prospect of taking away everyone's pensions and affordable health insurance so it could build plants globally.

Won’t miss him, he got Slick Willie elected. And as far as I know didn’t do much with his money.

Friend worked directly for him. It was white dress shirt and tie every day. He’s a bit of a control freak.
My Dallas neice worked directly for him too and had many dinners with him and others.

Ross Perot was very charitable. I wonder how many millions of dollars he gave to charitable organizations would amount to in today's currency.

Ross Perot, self-made billionaire, patriot and philanthropist, dies at 89 | Business | Dallas News

"Over the decades, Perot, his family and the Perot Foundation have made more than $90 million in direct philanthropic commitments to UT Southwestern, Wildenthal said."

"Add in the many bills Ross personally paid to cover the care of indigent or uninsured sick, injured veterans, armed forces members and others, his gifts to Children's Medical Center for work done there by UT Southwestern faculty members and the funds given to Zale Lipshy when it was an independent hospital, and his total contributions to the medical center would surpass well over $100 million," he said.

1562203594-0001-PEROT.jpg

most millionaires and billionaires depend on luck to build wealth, Ross Perot depended on himself, not his luck, my friends!

most millionaires and billionaires depend on luck to build wealth, Ross Perot depended on himself, not his luck, my friends!

Like I said, he is one of the last free marketers in the country. He fiercely believed in free market capitalism, something we lost in this country now nearly 40 years ago. He saw it being poisoned by the super wealthy , hated it, and spoke against it as often as possible.
He accurately predicted that a handful of super corporations would own entire markets...and they do.
He spoke about Washington corruption and collusion in the market systems, how NAFTA would destroy lives for millions of Americans in favor of enriching a few 1000 elites.

I honestly cannot see how anyone could call themselves a conservative and not at least like what they guy was trying to warn everyone about.

The Unbelievable Story Of A Texas Businessman Who Launched A Freelance Commando Raid in Iran

Ross Perot is dead at 89. I worked for his campaign in 1992 and respected the man like few others I've met. He was the real deal and lived a remarkable life. So long, Ross....you'll be remembered by those who love America and it's people. :icon_cry:

120606_ross_perot_ap_328_605.jpg

Gingrich's "contract with America" was verbatim from Perot's platform. He told us what would happen with NAFTA, and when we abandoned Clark and Subic Bay in the Philippines, he swept in and got leases saying we may need them if we get in a land war in Asia. The theory he got Clinton elected is absurd....he drew voters from both parties equally and could have won but for GOP dirty tricks. Perot's campaign was the beginning of the Tea Party which eventually gave us President Trump. A great man has left this earth.

1561520811-inline_portrait.jpg

"Perot made a name for himself when he became the most successful non-major party #presidential candidate in 80 years, amassing 19 percent"

Forum List

Back