Texas leads the nation once again.

Maryland Patriot

Gold Member
Jun 10, 2015
Drug testing for the welfare crowd is long overdue
Hopefully other states will follow. This could save the country a good deal of money that could be used on something that is of value to all, or better yet, before spending any money on anything, pay down the debt.
Excellent Job Texas
Texas Senate approves drug testing for welfare

even if it is an older article, it gives me hope.

Wrong.

Drug tests as a condition of eligibility for public assistance is un-Constitutional:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/01/u...-testing-for-welfare-is-struck-down.html?_r=0

Drug testing as a condition of eligibility for public assistance is un-Constitutional upheld on appeal:

Appeals Court: Welfare Drug Tests Unconstitutional

Consequently, Texas isn't 'leading' anything; what we witnessed was the usual authoritarianism and contempt for the Constitution and citizens' rights common to most republicans and conservatives, who were once again seeking to increase the size and authority of government at the expense of individual liberty.

Hopefully other states will follow. This could save the country a good deal of money that could be used on something that is of value to all, or better yet, before spending any money on anything, pay down the debt.
Excellent Job Texas

I've mentioned previously how much I like Texas and Texans. Not only do I agree with the drug testing, I also think that the lucre should stop for them.

Excellent Job Texas

Wow are you stupid.

The first state to do that was Florida several years ago.

The outcome was that something like less than 1% of those tested came out positive.

It cost the state millions of dollars and was totally a waste of time and money.

But then you republicans love to waste money and persecute people you don't like or approve of.

I think we should be drug testing politicians.

Excellent Job Texas

I've mentioned previously how much I like Texas and Texans. Not only do I agree with the drug testing, I also think that the lucre should stop for them.

Not surprising that you would disagree with the ruling of the court. The constitution just doesn't count for much from the right.

Excellent Job Texas
Texas Senate approves drug testing for welfare...

So, drug testing for social security? Fail the test and you don't get old?

Excellent Job Texas
Texas Senate approves drug testing for welfare...

So, drug testing for social security? Fail the test and you don't get old?
people pay into social security, its not a welfare program.
try again.

Wrong.

Drug tests as a condition of eligibility for public assistance is un-Constitutional:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/01/u...-testing-for-welfare-is-struck-down.html?_r=0

Drug testing as a condition of eligibility for public assistance is un-Constitutional upheld on appeal:

Appeals Court: Welfare Drug Tests Unconstitutional

Consequently, Texas isn't 'leading' anything; what we witnessed was the usual authoritarianism and contempt for the Constitution and citizens' rights common to most republicans and conservatives, who were once again seeking to increase the size and authority of government at the expense of individual liberty.
welfare isnt a right. its not anywhere to be found in the constitution. Therefore, no matter what is done to it as far as requirements or even if it is offered or not, is not something that is subject to constitutional review.

Excellent Job Texas

Didn't Florida already 'lead the way' on this? And ended up spending far more money than they saved?

The first state to do that was Florida several years ago.

The outcome was that something like less than 1% of those tested came out positive.

It cost the state millions of dollars and was totally a waste of time and money.

Interesting results; can you kindly provide a link?

I think we should be drug testing politicians.

I whole heartedly agree with that suggestion. We would clean out about 80% of the elected officers, methinks.

If you're a pot smoker, alcohol drinker, tobacco smoker, illicit drug user, you shouldn't be on the public dole.

Not surprising that you would disagree with the ruling of the court. The constitution just doesn't count for much from the right.
The opinions of Marxist Crusaders in judicial robes does not equal 'Constitutional', dipshit.

The opinions of Marxist Crusaders in judicial robes does not equal 'Constitutional', dipshit.

The opinions of supreme court justices do equal constitutional.
No, they dont, dumbass. They are part of case law and can be ignored or overwritten by later courts as was Dred Scot.

So, dependent children will get no food, since their parents smoked a joint, and lost their food stamps. Makes sense, I guess. I was smart enough not to be born in Texas, and they should be, too.

No, they dont, dumbass. They are part of case law and can be ignored or overwritten by later courts as was Dred Scot.

If you had a brain, you would take it out and play with it.

TexasGunVenders_zpshphicugn.jpg

Damn! Well, we might as well send them pink slips. That seems to be their only function, and if their opinions don't determine constitutionality, we might as well send them home.

So, dependent children will get no food, since their parents smoked a joint, and lost their food stamps. Makes sense, I guess. I was smart enough not to be born in Texas, and they should be, too.

You had no say in the matter where you were born.

The majority of people providing tax money to pay for welfare get tested it's only fair the recipient should also

Forum List

Back