Texas Officials Illuminate Crosses After Atheists’ Call for Removal

The Constitution states a SEPARATION of church and state.

Do you want to see Muslim symbols on government buildings as well dumb dumb?
We already do. That terrorist in Minnesota wears Muslim garb with the specific intent of reflecting her commitment to Islam while representing the people of her district to the US Congress.
You tell her to remove it while she’s on the clock.

So you are saying that no one can wear religiously-inspired jewelry, lapel pins, or headgear while "on the clock"? What happened to the "religious freedom" thing?
I didn’t say she couldn’t. I pointed out the parallel to those who think that’s ok but a Christian display isn’t. See?

You are totally misrepresenting the point, which is that sectarian religious displays should not be on or in public governmental buildings that are used by all, see? This is a very limited concept. People put up religious displays all over the place. You can't deny that. Moreover, people can wear religious regalia in public buildings as long as it goes with them when they leave.

I do not know the motive behind this display. The people behind it have neither been identified nor spoken. This kind of thing is not required in the Christian faith, and this "decorate the courthouse" fad seems to be just some "king of the hill" game, which actually cheapens faith and makes Christians look like disrespectful, arrogant jerks.

But what do you care about Christians of any sort, anyway, given that your nasty crack in post #95 indicates that you do not have a belief system?
That court represents that district the same way a prominent Muslim congressman represents her district while wearing a Muslim uniform. It’s the same thing.

A courthouse does not have Constitutional rights. A courthouse is an inanimate object. No, they are certainly not the same. :lol:

Not according to your beloved founding father, Thomas Jefferson, hack.
Is Jefferson a racist slave master and therefor not entitled to any credibility or influence?
Or is his note to a friend justification for treating a cross in a building or square like Dracula treats a shaft of sun light (something we shrink away from in horror and loathing)?

Make up your mind: Jefferson is a repugnant swine not due any respect? Or is he so wise and wonderful that his private once mentioned opinion is something to be enshrined and turned into secular dogma?

Be careful how you answer.

The answer is, it depends on whether it is useful to the libs today.

If they can use him, he is wonderful.

If NOT, then he is evul.

That is all that matters to them.

1. It is incredibly dishonest of you to pretend this is not a political issue. We will keep in mind that you are dishonest for the rest of this thread.

2. I have addressed your claim that this is not asking people to hide their culture and heritage. That you just restate your position without addressing my rebuttal is dishonest and cowardly of you. My point stands.

3. Culture and heritage is not limited to what people wear. That is more dishonestly from you, about what is going on here and your lib intentions.

4. Our entire system of right and wrong, is based heavily upon the religion(s) that have been a central part of our civilization for thousands of years. It is insanely dishonest of you to pretend to not understand why some symbols of that might be put on a courthouse.

5. It is legal.

6. Your pretense that you care about the respect show to religious symbols is a laughable lie. Stop lying.

I have not been dishonest, but you have.

You have not explained at any time why prohibiting the installation of permanent sectarian monuments amounts to telling people to "hide their culture and heritage." Moreover, no one is interfering with people exhibiting their particular culture and heritage, so long as it is not permanently expressed on government property.

It is not "dishonest" of me to oppose the installation of permanent monuments on public buildings, no matter what some people's "religion" are.

You continue to defend these unidentified persons who are responsible without even being able t3o explain what their motive is. They are just spoiled, grandstanding asses trying to start something. Attention whores, basically.

[The overstrike is do to a computer flaw.

1. It is certainly dishonest of you to pretend this is not a political issue.

2. I have addressed your claim that this is not asking people to hide their culture and heritage. That you just restate your position without addressing my rebuttal is dishonest and cowardly of you. My point stands.

3. I did not accuse you of being dishonest for opposing the inclusion of Christian symbols on a public building. I explained each time I accused you of being dishonest. That you are confused about those accusations, is not credible. This is just a dishonest and cowardly deflection from you.

4. Our entire system of right and wrong, is based heavily upon the religion(s) that have been a central part of our civilization for thousands of years. It is insanely dishonest of you to pretend to not understand why some symbols of that might be put on a courthouse.

You have never even indicated that you know the meaning of the word "permanent."

Correct. That that building is permanent is irrelevant.

You have never explained why your sect can't erect your symbols on the enormous amount of property available to you.

Because we can. YOur desire for me to explain why we CAN'T, makes no sense.

You have never explained how anyone is asking you to "hide your culture and heritage."

Yes, I did, repeatedly.

You have never explained why your sect is doing this "decorate the courthouse" thing in the first place.

Yes, I did, repeatedly.

I'm old enough to remember when we all got along without it nicely, and all of a sudden these groups appear that don't want to play by the rules.What is wrong with them? They behave so arrogant and trashy. What are they trying to prove?

You people changed the rules, so that Christians who want to express themselves in the public square, are attacked for doing so.

Your expectation that they would just take that, was wrong.

You want a return to civility? Stop attacking your fellow Americans for bullshit reasons.
1. It is incredibly dishonest of you to pretend this is not a political issue. We will keep in mind that you are dishonest for the rest of this thread.

3. Culture and heritage is not limited to what people wear. That is more dishonestly from you, about what is going on here and your lib intentions.

5. It is legal.

6. Your pretense that you care about the respect show to religious symbols is a laughable lie. Stop lying.

You have not explained at any time why prohibiting the installation of permanent sectarian monuments amounts to telling people to "hide their culture and heritage." Moreover, no one is interfering with people exhibiting their particular culture and heritage, so long as it is not permanently expressed on government property.

It is not "dishonest" of me to oppose the installation of permanent monuments on public buildings, no matter what some people's "religion" are.

You continue to defend these unidentified persons who are responsible without even being able t3o explain what their motive is. They are just spoiled, grandstanding asses trying to start something. Attention whores, basically.

3. I did not accuse you of being dishonest for opposing the inclusion of Christian symbols on a public building. I explained each time I accused you of being dishonest. That you are confused about those accusations, is not credible. This is just a dishonest and cowardly deflection from you.

You have never even indicated that you know the meaning of the word "permanent."

You have never explained why your sect can't erect your symbols on the enormous amount of property available to you.

You have never explained how anyone is asking you to "hide your culture and heritage."

Yes, I did, repeatedly.

You have never explained why your sect is doing this "decorate the courthouse" thing in the first place.

Yes, I did, repeatedly.

I'm old enough to remember when we all got along without it nicely, and all of a sudden these groups appear that don't want to play by the rules.What is wrong with them? They behave so arrogant and trashy. What are they trying to prove?

You people changed the rules, so that Christians who want to express themselves in the public square, are attacked for doing so.

You want a return to civility? Stop attacking your fellow Americans for bullshit reasons.

Why are you being such a jerk. I know damned well that the building is permanent. The religious sectarian religious symbol is not.. This discussion is about a building, not just "the public square." What is it that you can't express?

All the rules apply to everyone across the board, regardless of religion or sect. There is no singling out of Christians of any variety for any special prohibition.

Attacking people for being spoiled rotten, arrogant assholes in public is nowhere near attacking my fellow Americans "for bullshit reasons." What do you idiots actually mean to accomplish by leaving your stuff all over the place? All your cult shows is that its members are arrogant and vain. Why can't you folks act like normal people?

It is normal to include cultural and religious symbols in architecture.

That you would deny that of Christians is anti-Christian bigotry.

ACLU should make sure they appeal all decisions made at that courthouse against anyone not an obviously professing so-called christian on grounds of bias.

For once, I agree with you, and would very much like to see the ACLU pursue this in the most vigorous manner. Doing so would draw their resources away from other crackpot cases that they actually have some plausible chance of winning.

Yes, I did, repeatedly.

Yes, I did, repeatedly.

Yes, I did, repeatedly.

Yes, I did, repeatedly.

Why are you being such a jerk. I know damned well that the building is permanent. The religious sectarian religious symbol is not.. This discussion is about a building, not just "the public square." What is it that you can't express?

All the rules apply to everyone across the board, regardless of religion or sect. There is no singling out of Christians of any variety for any special prohibition.

Attacking people for being spoiled rotten, arrogant assholes in public is nowhere near attacking my fellow Americans "for bullshit reasons." What do you idiots actually mean to accomplish by leaving your stuff all over the place? All your cult shows is that its members are arrogant and vain. Why can't you folks act like normal people?

This was not incorporated into the architecture of the building. It was put up much later than the building. How can Christians be guilty of "anti-Christian bigotry." Many of us are Christians who disapprove of this brand of arrogance and snobbery in the U.S. of A.

Just what are you arrogant, spoiled folks trying to prove? Your cult is way out of line with this. Let's hear from the people who are actually responsible. Why are some "Christians" misbehaving so suddenly?

There is no concept of "separation of church and state" in the Constitution. It was invented by a democrat former KKK member appointed to the Supreme Court by FDR. Democrats have been expanding on the fake issue since 1947 to the point that a drooling atheist can file a lawsuit to bulldoze a Korean War monument that offended him. Democrats have turned the 1st Amendment upside down.
Not according to your beloved founding father, Thomas Jefferson, hack.

Separation of church and state in the United States - Wikipedia
We can agree that the Constitution makes no reference to "separation of church and state" but you quote Wikipedia. I rest my case.

And they had what to do with our culture, traditions and history except be pirates in the early 18th century robbing and killing....the same shit they do today!
Well, Muslims got us to go to war with them on the Barbary cost in the early 1800s but that was a little after the establishment of our nation.

:(

We already do. That terrorist in Minnesota wears Muslim garb with the specific intent of reflecting her commitment to Islam while representing the people of her district to the US Congress.

So you are saying that no one can wear religiously-inspired jewelry, lapel pins, or headgear while "on the clock"? What happened to the "religious freedom" thing?
I didn’t say she couldn’t. I pointed out the parallel to those who think that’s ok but a Christian display isn’t. See?

You are totally misrepresenting the point, which is that sectarian religious displays should not be on or in public governmental buildings that are used by all, see? This is a very limited concept. People put up religious displays all over the place. You can't deny that. Moreover, people can wear religious regalia in public buildings as long as it goes with them when they leave.

I do not know the motive behind this display. The people behind it have neither been identified nor spoken. This kind of thing is not required in the Christian faith, and this "decorate the courthouse" fad seems to be just some "king of the hill" game, which actually cheapens faith and makes Christians look like disrespectful, arrogant jerks.

But what do you care about Christians of any sort, anyway, given that your nasty crack in post #95 indicates that you do not have a belief system?
That court represents that district the same way a prominent Muslim congressman represents her district while wearing a Muslim uniform. It’s the same thing.

I am addressing the placement of a permanent monument to a sectarian group, not articles of religious-inspired clothing that leaves the building when the individual wearing it does. The two do not equate.

You must come from a very poor, ineffective educational system. There is no such thing as a "Muslim uniform." Wearing a hijab is optional, as is the wearing of a yarmulka.The Muslim women around here who choose to wear a hijab usually pair it with a pair of slacks or jeans, a sweater, and sneakers.

Where does your level of ignorance come from? This reminds me of the assholes who think that a Sikh wearing a turban is Muslim, even though the two religions have nothing to do with each other.
You double-down on your lack of logic with misapprehension about my circumstance.
Muslim garb is uniform. If it was more subtle like a yarmulka or cross on a necklace, no problem. But that congressman terrorist from MN is in Muslim uniform and that is just as much an affront as the crosses on that courtroom.
You need to be consistent.

A courthouse does not have Constitutional rights. A courthouse is an inanimate object. No, they are certainly not the same. :lol:
Officially representing a district is not a constitutional right.

Yes, I did, repeatedly.

Yes, I did, repeatedly.

Yes, I did, repeatedly.

Yes, I did, repeatedly.

This was not incorporated into the architecture of the building. It was put up much later than the building. How can Christians be guilty of "anti-Christian bigotry." Many of us are Christians who disapprove of this brand of arrogance and snobbery in the U.S. of A.

Just what are you arrogant, spoiled folks trying to prove? Your cult is way out of line with this. Let's hear from the people who are actually responsible. Why are some "Christians" misbehaving so suddenly?

Hilarious.

You ask how a Christian can be guilty of anti-Christian bigotry, then spend the rest of the thread attacking Christians who practice their faith differently than you.

I've said it before, and I will say it again.

Liberals. All the self awareness of a potted plant. A DEAD potted plant.

10253908-wilted-pot-plant.jpg

Yes, I did, repeatedly.

Yes, I did, repeatedly.

Yes, I did, repeatedly.

Yes, I did, repeatedly.

Hilarious.

You ask how a Christian can be guilty of anti-Christian bigotry, then spend the rest of the thread attacking Christians who practice their faith differently than you.

I've said it before, and I will say it again.

Liberals. All the self awareness of a potted plant. A DEAD potted plant.

10253908-wilted-pot-plant.jpg

Your trash cult attacks Christians and non-Christians alike. You don't just "practice your faith differently." You actively interfere with your fellow Americans, attack their civil rights, generally act obnoxiously, and actively ignore anything and everything that Jesus had to say.

Your little monkey graham first ran around saying that Islam was not a religion, and then attacked an LGBT Christian on the basis of religion for saying that pigpence had a very bad record on LGBT rights when he was governor of Indiana, but pigpence's record indeed was very poor. pigpence is a politician who seeks to abuse others, instead of representing them and protecting their rights as is his duty as a public servant, all to impose impose his brand of religion on the general public. pigpence's hostility toward women has been obvious. Why can't other Christians stand up to this sort of nonsense.

You dunce, I stated "YOUR beloved founding father." You really are a retard.
Yes, dear idiot. How does that change my question to you regardless of whose founding father Jefferson is ? It never fails: the stupidest people always accuse others of being mentally deficient when they themselves have the low powered intellect.

Yes, I did, repeatedly.

Yes, I did, repeatedly.

Yes, I did, repeatedly.

Yes, I did, repeatedly.

Ah..so a Roman instrument of torture and execution is a cultural symbol.....very interesting.

Jefferson was responding to a letter sent to him by the Danbury Baptist Association, not writing to a friend.
Okay. That's largely irrelevant.

I guess we have to discount everything said and done by the "Founders." Bunch of slave owners, who denied all women, including their female relatives, the right to participate in "democracy," even though the subject was brought up, and discounted Native Americans totally, in addition to their racist views.
You are being facetious but I was merely holding the leftist position on old white slave holding founding fathers...that they have zero moral authority and relevance in today's society, until they happen to state something that helps your cause, of course.

So I'll ask you too because your pal took a dive: Are slave holding founding fathers, like Jefferson, to be ignored and disregarded or not? No moral authority or wise relevant men?

And for the purposes of the thread all religious symbols are not to be covered up and forever removed from public view just because of our secular nation. Crosses that have historical and cultural value shouldn't be treated like something unfit for people to gaze their eyes upon. It's an absurd over reaction to the separation principle, but that's what the far left likes so that's how it's been, by and large.

One of the most bizarre creations of the Godless left wrong is the idea that the First Amendment allows, and in some cases, even requires the censorship and suppression of religious beliefs and symbols; in direct opposition to what the First Amendment actually says.

Just one more datum to demonstrate that LIbEralism is a mental disease.
The Constitution states a SEPARATION of church and state.

Do you want to see Muslim symbols on government buildings as well dumb dumb?

Let's be accurate. The Constitution says no such thing. It merely says Congress cannot pass laws preventing the free exercise of religion.

GOD BLESS TEXAS!!!!! It matters who we elect...Nice job Texas! More people should fight back - take a stand - like that

San-Jacinto-County-Courthouse-with-Cross-Illuminated-640x480.jpg

COLDSPRING, TX – Elected officials in an East Texas community defiantly illuminated the crosses on their courthouse after an atheist organization told them to take them down. The move came after the county judge and commissioners voted unanimously to keep the four crosses on the county building.

Breitbart News reported that the Wisconsin-based Freedom From Religion Foundation (FFRF) complained to San Jacinto County public officials about the prominent display of the “Latin cross[es].” The self-described “state/church watchdog” claims it has over 30,000 members.

The foundation issued an “Action Alert” to its supporters on May 7th saying, “A concerned Coldspring resident reported to FFRF that San Jacinto County has the crosses up all year round and even lights the crosses during the holiday season.” The organization that calls itself a “nonprophet nonprofit” asked members to “Tell San Jacinto commissioners to remove courthouse crosses.”

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...

ACTION ALERT: Leftard code word for rally all the little networked commie fascists to sneak onto property in the middle of the night to do vandalism like a good little progressive. They should erect a 60 foot cross like this and put 10 million candle power on it:

P__4121.JPG

A courthouse is supposed to be neutral territory open to all. This display shows the sick mindset of these people in Texas who call themselves "Christians", but apparently have no loyalty to their country. They are trying to trash both the Christian faith and American values at the same time.

This demonstrates what I have long suspected these dirty cults have been up to.

Hey nose bone, the Constitution guarantees you freedom OF religion not freedom FROM religion! All you ass-wipes perennially get this wrong on purpose or you are just dense as lead. THIS IS A CHRISTIAN NATION founded on Christianity and it is in government buildings, on our money, everywhere. That doesn't stop you from believing anything you want. In fact, it is your right to believe as you choose that allowed you to be raised a godless heathen atheistic knucklehead.

Forum List

Back