Texas Public School Course Teaches the 'Racial Origins Traced from Noah'

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012

A new report put out by the Texas Freedom Network Education Fund reveals that in several public school classes on the impact of the Bible on history have found classes teaching from a right-wing, fundamentalist Christian standpoint.

A Southern Methodist University religious studies professor Mark Chancey found instances of students learning a literal interpretation of the Bible, that the earth is approximately 6,000 years old and that Judaism is a “flawed and incomplete religion” with materials “designed to evangelize rather than provide an objective study of the Bible’s influence.”

TFN also found a lesson explaining “racial origins traced from Noah.”

RacialOriginsNoah.jpg

This would be like teaching the bloodlines of Beowulf, Hercules, and King Arthur -- fictional characters.

If these schools are getting federal funds, this needs to stop.

A Southern Methodist University religious studies professor Mark Chancey found instances of students learning a literal interpretation of the Bible, that the earth is approximately 6,000 years old and that Judaism is a “flawed and incomplete religion” with materials “designed to evangelize rather than provide an objective study of the Bible’s influence.”

Teaching stupidity in Texas schools has a long and honored tradition.

A new report put out by the Texas Freedom Network Education Fund reveals that in several public school classes on the impact of the Bible on history have found classes teaching from a right-wing, fundamentalist Christian standpoint.

TFN also found a lesson explaining “racial origins traced from Noah.”

RacialOriginsNoah.jpg

This would be like teaching the bloodlines of Beowulf, Hercules, and King Arthur -- fictional characters.

If these schools are getting federal funds, this needs to stop.

My son just traced and learned the entire lineage/bloodline of Orestes and Iphigeneia.

Teaching stupidity in Texas schools has a long and honored tradition.

They're really good at football, though.

Really, are they breaking the law, violating the Constitution, come on why should they lose funding? I guess just the fact that you disagree is enough, right?

They're College-level classes, labelled as "Religion" classes. It's really not a big deal.

Now if it was a high school "science" class, that I'd have a problem with.

Really, are they breaking the law, violating the Constitution, come on why should they lose funding? I guess just the fact that you disagree is enough, right?

How stupid are these kids going to look when they grow up insisting that the world is only 6000 years old?
Public schools should be teaching kids the facts of history, not a bunch of made up bullshit.

How stupid are these kids going to look when they grow up insisting that the world is only 6000 years old?
Public schools should be teaching kids the facts of history, not a bunch of made up bullshit.

Great deflection, you answer my question then I'll answer yours.

Gee, a Religion course on Christianity that teaches orthodox as well as protestant dogma! I'm shocked, and I know that the liberal posters on this forum are equally outraged by courses on other religions. They aren't? No, wait, you must be kidding. Only Christianity? How can that be? Tell me it ain't so...

They won't look any more stupid than liberal politicians claiming that we need to spend trillions of dollars to stop the hoax of man made global warming.

I agree. The PC crap they teach now is nothing but pure left-wing anti-american propaganda.

How pathetic: You don't even have the honesty to reference the "study" itself. Instead, you reference a notorious Left Wing website that is asking for donations! Are these posts designed to influence the illiterate?

OMG!!!! Lets throw our hands up in the air and run about in circles!!! There are people who believe the earth is 6000 years old.

So what?

What does it matter to anyone but anti-religious zealots that there are people who think the earth is 6000 years old? Does it affect anyone or anything at all?

Does a belief that the earth is 6000 years old stop anyone from functioning in any practical way?

I'm much more concerned about a generation with the morals of alley cats, the practical skills of a commentator and the inability to make change.

Now, at least, a few of you might get a clue as to where the words Semite, Hamite and Japhethite come from.

I have yet to meet an atheist who wasn't a hateful dumbass. Perhaps those who aren't hateful dumbasses understand what tolerance and practicality are.

Forum List

Back