Walking in the morning while being black.

Yeah OK. If that’s all it was? Why not answer the question (name DOB). We all know the #1 reason. Warrants.

Maybe, but who knows? I don't know which state this was so maybe no legal requirement to ID self. He could have just said they were up early and out for a walk before it got hot out. He could have asked if he was suspected of a crime. They had no probable cause I could see for stopping him at all. Thing is to not become confrontational with cops no matter what you do, he did, and right or wrong, you will lose every time. My guess, is that he sues and wins big.

I'm not the one making the claim that he was in a "strange neighborhood", you are. I was the one saying he was most likely not far from his home.

And I don't know who you were talking about, but I'm not a "lib".... I'm someone who can see the bigger picture and where bootlicking and complacency leads to.

Then again, it's clear that a number of you actually like and prefer Authoritarianism.

As was said before, you like it for others, but once YOU are on the receiving end of the boot, you'll begin to understand. I actually hope that day comes for you, because some people only learn things the hard way.
If he’s honest he should be close to home

If he’s up to no good he might be out of his neighborhood

January Sixers, trying to tell people to comply. Is there anything funnier?

YOU.

Screen Shot 2024-08-04 at 7.38.15 PM.png

Maybe, but who knows? I don't know which state this was so maybe no legal requirement to ID self. He could have just said they were up early and out for a walk before it got hot out. He could have asked if he was suspected of a crime. They had no probable cause I could see for stopping him at all. Thing is to not become confrontational with cops no matter what you do, he did, and right or wrong, you will lose every time. My guess, is that he sues and wins big.

We don’t know if that area had a barrage of criminal activity, cutting locks off garages or whatever? Police may have orders get over there and see what’s going on? If my garage or storage unit was hit, that would make me angry.

But that said, I do agree the Police know he doesn’t have to answer. That should have ended it short of him being suspect in something else we don’t know?.

But now, he's on my radar. OK then, Have a nice walk Mr. X. Don’t forger the kid. See you around.

It was OKLA I think. Board experts already identified it as “do not have to comply”. Police took him in anyway. I don’t know why? Because they are bad evil white cops according to board experts. Nobody got hurt, but the anarchist who doesn’t know his name or DOB lost some time and the kid got a ride home. Suddenly I bet he remembered the address? To avoid CPS. What a mess.

But board experts…..”I DONT HAVE TO TELL YOU ANYTHING”. OK …..we know who he is now. He would be high on my watch list. He may not like the next year.

Last edited:
We don’t know if that area had a barrage of criminal activity, cutting locks off garages or whatever?

Police should have said then that there was a rash of burglaries in that area and that they were just checking things out. But then, the guy had no cutting tools on him and was with a small boy. Even if he was suspicious, their stopping him and talking to him was a pretty good deterrent. Police did not say they've never seen him around there before; was he walking somewhere he had never been before? Guy could have said he lived just a few blocks away, but he didn't. He also could have said that he didn't bring his ID with him, maybe no pockets, but if they wanted to follow him back to his home close by, he could get it.

Mistakes were made on both sides. I'm always prepared to identify myself whether the law requires it or not.

Last edited:
That's irrelevant. Private citizens dont have to "act kindly" in order to get legal treatment from Government agents.
You have a lot worse chance of being treated well if you're not nice. Youi're talking about what "should" happen. That's what is irrelevant. Of course people should behave legally. I'm talking about practicality in dealing with human nature.

It was OKLA I think. Board experts already identified it as “do not have to comply”.
That is right. OK has no stop and ID law.
Screen Shot 2024-08-04 at 7.57.45 PM.png

Police took him in anyway. I don’t know why?
My impression is that it was purely racial profiling. He'll be suing. Still, he exacerbated the situation by being confrontational. He was a lone black dude all alone early in the morning. Probably not a good time to be arguing your rights. Just tell the cop who you are, where you live and that you are out for an early walk before it got too hot outside. Bet there wouldn't have been a problem.

View attachment 990138

My impression is that it was purely racial profiling. He'll be suing. Still, he exacerbated the situation by being confrontational. He was a lone black dude all alone early in the morning. Probably not a good time to be arguing your rights. Just tell the cop who you are, where you live and that you are out for an early walk before it got too hot outside. Bet there wouldn't have been a problem.

Board experts fought over this early on. White, Black or Mexican. No consesus. I never considered the race angle? Looked like a pale kid.

Why should the officer automatically believe him? it was suspicious. Amy father never took me for a walk in the dark around storage units,

The guy should have just shown his ID. When he refused to comply, it became more suspicious.
Hi Lisa; I often took the dog and the kids for a walk in the early hours as they were awake and full of beans. We were literally only a few houses from a beautiful Private Garden open to the public with long rambling walks. the kids still say it was one of their fondest memories. Mind you; there were three with the eldest being four and the youngest just two. The baby was usually asleep so missed out.

Greg

View attachment 990138

He isn't even black. In this heat you have to get stuff done early in the morning. Most workers & school kids wake up at 5:30am just like them. He don't have to tell that officer anything. That officer is likely fired & defending in a lawsuit.
Police brutality 2.png

Police brutality 1.png

Last edited:
He wasn’t body slammed..he tripped him to the ground…however..

I see one officer who needs to be fired and another who needs to be put on unpaid leave for letting him do it.

You see these videos ALL THE TIME and this is the reason why there is a growing distrust in police.

I’m a supporter of police, they have a tough job, but then get see videos like this, and many many others, where the police either don’t know the law, or they are on a power trip, and they feel like since they have a badge and a gun, that they can control you and that you must succumb to their every wish.

It’s videos like this that ruin the reputation of the good law enforcement officers.

Yeah, that piece of shit needs to be fired, and he likely needs to be sued the shit out of for doing what he did to that guy…in front of his son.

It’s things like that that piss me off
There were not "good law enforcement officers), in that video. The video only shows these two officers for what they are and what that department approves of.

I remember as a young man taking a walk in Arizona where I lived for a time. It was about midnight. All the sudden I was surrounded by four cop cars. Turns out my clothing matched that of a reported Peeping Tom. Jeans and a gray sweatshirt. The police asked for my ID. I didn't have it with me. I was always polite with them. They let me go. No incident at all. I obviously knew never to be rude or inciting. It's just common sense. Had this man done the same, he likely would have spared his son all that trauma.

No. Only because he refused to show ID. The moment you resist, interfere with or fail to follow a lawful order of a LEO you lose all right to expect to be treated with ABY amount of respect or deference in my mind.

Dumb thing to do. Especially with the kid there.
No. It is an illegal, made up requirement to have and present ID on demand when out walking with your kid. He does not lose his right to expect to be treated as a citizen. That is simply a problem in your mind and in the mind of those criminal cops in the video.

Assuming the video is showing the whole situation, the guy was acting suspiciously. When the police ask you for ID and you can't provide it, most honest people give them a full name and address and say we can go to my house at whatever address and I can get it. Or he had his phone with him and could have put the cop on the phone with somebody at home. Criminals use kids all the time anymore. We've all seen the videos where the parent gets the little kid to go snatch a package off a porch, et al.

But body slamming an obviously unarmed guy before all those options were used, yes excessive. Especially in front of the young boy. The officer should be severely reprimanded if not fired. (And who bothers to carry their billfold/ID when they're just going for a walk around the neighborhood? On the other hand, who is up at the crack of dawn going for a walk with their young kid?)
Um; ME!!! Three kids in fact but not in a "hood". Mind you we were only a few houses from a beautiful garden open to the public.

Greg

Forum List

Back