Texas secession petition on White House website fast approaching 25,000-signatures!

The message is not immune to examination, and its messenger inherits the conclusion as to its worth. If the message is wack or good, the messenger receives the consequence of his or her choice to carry it.

There is no message of truth here that would or should drive the citizens of Texas to secession.

The libertarian message inherits the respect or disrespect it deserves.

Such violence triggored the Founders to revolt. It would be like throwing the martyrs to the lions. In the end, such efforts will prove futile.

Seceding or killing the people doing so?

My point is that in the end you can kill the messenger and/or demonize or marginalize him, but in the end the truth is the truth and it will prevail......at some point.

It’s time to read the Constitution and its case law and stop living in ignorance.

I think the point is they want to leave and form their own governance. They aren't asking for the white house to look over their case law and the constitution which obviously means that the tyrannical federal government wins and there will be no state successions.

I love how the Right wingers are now saying if they get denied we start calling it a Tyrant Gov.... Don't tell me you lot are this desprete.

The message is not immune to examination, and its messenger inherits the conclusion as to its worth. If the message is wack or good, the messenger receives the consequence of his or her choice to carry it.

There is no message of truth here that would or should drive the citizens of Texas to secession.

Seceding or killing the people doing so?

My point is that in the end you can kill the messenger and/or demonize or marginalize him, but in the end the truth is the truth and it will prevail......at some point.

Did I advocate anything here? All I'm doing is not sticking my head in the sand.

The population of Texas is roughly 26,500,000 people which means .00094% of the population wants to leave the Union.

This is retarded right wing whining just like the birth certificate and everything else we've had to listen to for the last four years.

I thought owning slaves was treason.

This is what happens to people who were raised on public education and never learned to think for themselves.

Owning a slave can't be treason because it is not an act against the government. Hell, Presidents owned slaves before the abolition.
Living in the Past, House? Why aren't I surprised?

*yawn*

Passed by Congress on January 31, 1865, and ratified on December 6, 1865, the 13th amendment abolished slavery in the United States and provides that "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."
Yes slavery can be treason.

If you want to own slaves, you'll have to go live in India or the Sudan. Republicans in the United States effectively ended slavery with the passage of the 13th Amendment.

It's not treason because... as stated earlier but apparently you went blind for while scanning over... it's not an act against the government (unless perhaps you want to make a state senator or something your slave... that would qualify!)

Nor should you.

Did I advocate anything here? All I'm doing is not sticking my head in the sand.

Texas Population, 2011 estimate 25,674,681

Wow 25,000 want to leave the US?

that is what .001%?

Damn! Johnson got more votes than that!

This is mostly a symbolic gesture. The odds of the American government granting any state permission to go its own way are on par with winning the lottery while getting hit by a meteor while seeing Bigfoot while finding gluten-free pizza that tastes like the real thing.

This is what happens to people who were raised on public education and never learned to think for themselves.

Owning a slave can't be treason because it is not an act against the government. Hell, Presidents owned slaves before the abolition.
Living in the Past, House? Why aren't I surprised?

*yawn*

Passed by Congress on January 31, 1865, and ratified on December 6, 1865, the 13th amendment abolished slavery in the United States and provides that "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."
Yes slavery can be treason.

If you want to own slaves, you'll have to go live in India or the Sudan. Republicans in the United States effectively ended slavery with the passage of the 13th Amendment.

It's not treason because... as stated earlier but apparently you went blind for while scanning over... it's not an act against the government (unless perhaps you want to make a state senator or something your slave... that would qualify!)
It can be, and you know it too, don't you. ;)

Buncha unimportant sillies who are fun to play with.

The population of Texas is roughly 26,500,000 people which means .00094% of the population wants to leave the Union.

This is retarded right wing whining just like the birth certificate and everything else we've had to listen to for the last four years.

Has nothing to do with Obama and everything to do with the policies of BOTH the Dems and Repubs. Read the petition before making irresponsible comments

Odd then that the petition was submitted immediately after Obama won the White House then, isn't it?

Where was the petition when George Bush won in 2004?

Forum List

Back