Texas secession petition on White House website fast approaching 25,000-signatures!

Can you imagine how many people the US Government would slaughter if any states tried to secede?
Obama for one wouldn't do anything.
How Delusional you are.
No, I'm a realist. You, OTOH, forget that Obama has pulled troops out of hot spots we wound up in on account of 9/11/01. We're still in Germany after WWII to now, because it was required to bring balance to that part of the world following Nazi occupation of the majority of European countries. Go figure.

Demented are you?

The GOP Treasurer of Hardin County, Tx, says Texas should secede! How funny!!

There's nothing surprising about that. After all, from an article on CNN ~ 1.5 years ago...

"There's a lot of different scenarios," Perry said. "We've got a great union. There's absolutely no reason to dissolve it. But if Washington continues to thumb their nose at the American people, you know, who knows what might come out of that. But Texas is a very unique place, and we're a pretty independent lot to boot."

Obama for one wouldn't do anything.
How Delusional you are.
No, I'm a realist. You, OTOH, forget that Obama has pulled troops out of hot spots we wound up in on account of 9/11/01. We're still in Germany after WWII to now, because it was required to bring balance to that part of the world following Nazi occupation of the majority of European countries. Go figure.

Demented are you?

The military under Obama has attacked and in many cases had troops in: Afghanistan, Iraq (he didn't get us out he send Biden to have troops longer and Iraq said leave, we still have people there), Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Ghana, and more.

He even killed a US citizen without due process which is in the silly constitution. He is Bush part 2.

Warning this advertisement did not include those killed with Fast and Furious weapons.

People are missing the point these petitions are attempting to make. The point is, since 9/11, it is the AMERICAN PEOPLE that are being stripped of and having their US Constitutional rights violated. These petitions are trying to send a message to the Feds that WE THE PEOPLE will not tolerate our Gov. acting as a dictatorship instead of a democracy. This is how the true will of the people will be heard in Washington about our indignation over the National Defense Authorization Act, the TSA, etc.. Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. Since 9/11, the only people that have lost constitutional rights are WE THE PEOPLE of the USA. FYI... I am a VET and signed all the states petitions!

People are missing the point these petitions are attempting to make. The point is, since 9/11, it is the AMERICAN PEOPLE that are being stripped of and having their US Constitutional rights violated. These petitions are trying to send a message to the Feds that WE THE PEOPLE will not tolerate our Gov. acting as a dictatorship instead of a democracy. This is how the true will of the people will be heard in Washington about our indignation over the National Defense Authorization Act, the TSA, etc.. Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. Since 9/11, the only people that have lost constitutional rights are WE THE PEOPLE of the USA. FYI... I am a VET and signed all the states petitions!

And YET, again, these petitions seemed to be strangely absent under the Bush administration, while all those violations that you mention were being created.

Pity that you didn't speak out then, isn't it? Awfully strange that you didn't too.

and shit on the Constitution?

I really wish people would stop pretending to care about the Constitution getting shit on. It's not new. It's not rare. It's done on a regular basis by politicians on both sides of the aisle.

And YET, again, these petitions seemed to be strangely absent under the Bush administration, while all those violations that you mention were being created.

Pity that you didn't speak out then, isn't it? Awfully strange that you didn't too.
Sorta the same way with Obama huh?

Last edited:
and shit on the Constitution?

I really wish people would stop pretending to care about the Constitution getting shit on. It's not new. It's not rare. It's done on a regular basis by politicians on both sides of the aisle.

The Constitution is like the Bible. Here you have a document that can be taken in one or two different ways. It can be adhered to, in order to self correct ones behavoir, or it can be used as a club when it supports your position and ignored or "reinterpreted" when it conflicts with your behavior. Both are merely a warning as neither forces one to submit.

In the end I think Ben Franklin was right. The Constitution will be adhered to for a number of years, but when society becomes corrupt the days of the Republic will be numbered.

Case in point is the Welfare Clause in the Constitution. Progressives use this clause to justify the nanny state, but ignore what the author or the Contitution, James Madison, wrote about the Welfare Clause that he helped write. Madison basically repudiated the notion that a nanny state could ever be created using the General Welfare clause. He was explicit in this assertion. He said it could not be done, that is, without subverting the limited government set up by the Founding Fathers. Instead, progressives inexplicably lean towards Alexander Hamilton's views on the matter, even though he is not regarded as the Father of the Constitution like Madison is.

Of course, both parties support the NDAA which allows government to arrest and detain without due process, a clear Constitutional abomination. Of course, none will use it......until it is needed. After all, if they use it the legislation will immediatly be challenged by the courts. I dare say not even judge Roberts could make this peice of legislation stick. As a result, my guess it is there in case they wish to impose marshall law at any point.

Last edited:

Yep and the Tea Party caucus overwhelmingly supported the re-upping and strengthing of the Patriot Act.

Yep and the Tea Party caucus overwhelmingly supported the re-upping and strengthing of the Patriot Act.

Who is the Tea Party? Are you referring to politicians who claim to represent them? Are these the same people who caved regarding the budget ceiling?

Votto loves to make specious, shallow comments, which underline the seriousness of those comments he subtly denigrates. His problem, no one else's.

Forum List

Back