Texas secession petition on White House website fast approaching 25,000-signatures!

Jake the guy who says you can't argue with anything that the government does because the government says it can do it and therefore it can and therefore you can't complain.

Now you tell me. If I had known, I never would have complained.

Votto, our friend LL is an anarcho-libertarian: that will tell you all you need to know.

Yep, and well we should. If a state leaves this union, they are not just leaving, they are taking with them all the Resources in their state that belong not just to them, but the country as a whole. They are also walking out on their share of our Debt Obligations.

The British crown made the same argument about the American rebellion. All they wanted was for the colonists to pay 'their fair share" of maintaining the colonies, and they did not wish to relinquish the resources of those colonies.

What can you say, life is a beach.

With one key difference. Texas has fair representation in the US federal Government. The Colonies had no such representation, or say in the Kings Government.

But Federalism has been usurped by the federal government. It used to be that states ran their own affairs. However, now we have a Congress in Washington that holds all the power and only has an approval rating of around 13%. Is this a representative government or more of a tyrannical state as these same politicians inexplicably keep getting elected again and again and again and again?

Last edited:
Votto, our friend LL is an anarcho-libertarian: that will tell you all you need to know.

So I've gone from a communist to an anarcho-libertarian in just a few minutes?

Please tell us more. I just love to be labelled and marginalized. It sure beats debating these topics doesn't it?

All states have the right to secede. I hope many of them act upon that right.

That's because you hate the United States of America.
How are we united when the President calls half of Americans his "enemies?"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF85XIUAHI8]Boehner Calls Out Obama for Describing Political Opponents as "Enemies" - YouTube[/ame]

Please tell us more. I just love to be labelled and marginalized. It sure beats debating these topics doesn't it?

No bro, you're the commie, I'm the anarchist. We should probably start hating each other.

No bro, you're the commie, I'm the anarchist. We should probably start hating each other.

Curses!! I never can keep track of people I should hate.

so i've gone from a communist to an anarcho-libertarian in just a few minutes?

no bro, you're the commie, i'm the anarchist. We should probably start hating each other.

curses!! I never can keep track of people i should hate.

thats cuz ur a dumb commie lolz see what i did?

All states have the right to secede. I hope many of them act upon that right.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF85XIUAHI8]Boehner Calls Out Obama for Describing Political Opponents as "Enemies" - YouTube[/ame]

Makes for a great talking point, doesn't it?

So what has Boehner done for America lately? Anything to be proud of?

no bro, you're the commie, i'm the anarchist. We should probably start hating each other.

curses!! I never can keep track of people i should hate.

thats cuz ur a dumb commie lolz see what i did?

Of course, I'm stupid. Duh!! After all, I don't understand how half of what Obama is doing is good for the country. It's the price I pay for not being intellectually enlightened.

Don't be a hater, blame my parents.

Already posted a thread on this but when the military is sent in and smacks down the state i might laugh.

Do you think the traitors that lead such a rebellion should be executed?

It is Treason so......
I thought owning slaves was treason.

Obama wants half the population to work and slave so his Democrats can live off food stamps, welfare, Obamacare, and free cell phones!

Taxes will be higher than wages before long, and they'll just have to do away with wages to take taxes first, which used to be called slavery before it was called taxation without representation.

And the real traitor is....... (fill in the blank, depending upon your party)

:dunno:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF85XIUAHI8"]Boehner Calls Out Obama for Describing Political Opponents as "Enemies" - YouTube[/ame]

Makes for a great talking point, doesn't it?

So what has Boehner done for America lately? Anything to be proud of?
He made a pauper of himself matching funds for supporting conservatives in Congress.

I'm sure we have all heard rumors about the movement within Texas to secede from the union and many scoff at the notion. However, with elections like the ones we just had, people tend to become more determined and purposeful.

Just for fun, what would happen if Texas seceded? What would be the reaction of the federal monster in DC and what would become of the people of Texas? Many may not know this, but Texas governed itself for 9 years before becoming annexed by the US government.

I think it would be interesting to speculate about what Texas would do. First, I'd suspect that the panhandle would secede from Texas. There'd be civil war in that state. They'd have to negotiate their own free trade agreement. Washington would probably put an arms embargo on them. Businesses would pull out.

I hope they get enough signatures to put it on their ballot. It would just show the rest of the country how batshit crazy their teabaggers are.

Other states have made their own petitions. This is how many sigs were gathered at the time of the posting.

1. Louisiana, 13,426

2. Texas, 18,012

3. Florida, 4,987

4. Alabama, 5,156

5. North Carolina, 4,623

6. Kentucky, 3,929

7. Mississippi, 3,849;

8. Indiana, 3,876;

9. North Dakota, 2,998

10. Montana, 3,378

11. Colorado, 3,746

12. Oregon, 3,230

13. New Jersey, 2,960

14. New York, 3,425

15. South Carolina, 3,193,

16. Arkansas, 1,537

17. Georgia, 3,912,

18. Missouri, 2,085,

19. Tennessee 3,656

20. Michigan 3,230

Considering the population of Texas is about 25 million ... 25,000 signatures doesn't sound that imprtessive. 1 in a thousand ?????

I have enjoyed the libertarians and the far left wacks running around here today.

Batzhit crasy, as my Lithuanian grand uncle would say.

Forum List

Back