Texas Teen Killed by Police in School Had a Pellet Gun!

Every life counts, and the child put everybody's life in his vicinity in jeopardy.

The responsibility is fully on the child in this immediate case.

How the child got into this situation needs to be examined and responsibility meted out and accounted properly.

Bu..bu...bu.... they are just part of that community and they did the right thing! :cuckoo:

NOT!

article-2082432-0F57B04800000578-113_468x651.jpg

Yep.... looks like a great little guy

Why cant you admit maybe the cops did what they had to do.

I am appalled that you still maintain they acted in a racist manner :eusa_hand:

Yeah, if it was so up and up, then why aren't their names out there?

I guess you would shoot the girl for holding a pellet gun pointed at the ground as well.

Why aren't their names out there? Because we have wingnut loons like you so worked up over the police doing their job protecting a school full of children that you'd make death threats to them if you knew their names. That's why. Go figure.

then your point has nothing to do with cops or what actually occurred.

They ordered him

multiple times

to drop his gun.

Second guessing them, and berating them is just foolish.

Would you like one of your sons to become cops, knowing that you taught them not to kill in self-defense?

I think not. The cops were right, whether you like it or not.

I am entitled to my opinion whether you like it or not. And, yes, i will second guess the cops because any time a cop has to shoot to kill, it should be thoroughly reviewed and examined to see what can be learned and if it would be possible to approach it differently next time. As for a fatal shot in the leg, yeah, it can happen but much less likely than a shot into the chest or head so of course there is some risk but much, much less so stop with this nonsense.
And, so they ordered the gun down. Was anyone in imminent danger of this boy at the time he was surrounded by police other than the police? The police don't immediately rush in and shoot someone just because they have a gun. Police are taught how to talk people down and out of dangerous situations.

Good for you! I'm not sure they are ALL taught those skills, though. I think these two had the "dogbreath freezeturkey" training off TV and that was about it. Obviously, if this kid were into obeying orders and following rules, he wouldn't have even had a toy gun at school. So ordering him to 'drop the gun' was never going to work to start with. And that begs another question: Did the school have a 'zero tolerance' policy? Apparently not, as he was already known to have had a knife there. The cops have now had a few days to refine their story, and I'm sure the school system will try to deflect off itself. So it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Why didn't he get expelled earlier in the day when he was found to have a knife? As has already been stated, there are usually warning signs that go unheeded. This is a pretty blatant one.

When metro Nashville schools went 'zero tolerance' the PTO president's son was expelled for having a key chain with a 1 inch toy gun on it. I thought that was a little extreme, but they made it stick. Zero tolerance means you bring a weapon to school, even a toy weapon, you go home and you don't go to school there any longer.

You'll be proud to know that the police followed their training. Aim for the central mass, neutralize the threat.

There is some good that came from this isolated tragedy.

I took my teen age son aside...showed him the newspaper article, and then showed him his pellet gun.

He figured out pretty quick that taking a pellet gun to school was a stupid idea.

I took my teen age son aside...showed him the newspaper article, and then showed him his pellet gun.

He figured out pretty quick that taking a pellet gun to school was a stupid idea.

No doubt. Alot of people think of pellet guns as toys, when that is far from the case. They can be deadly with a well-placed shot, or leave someone maimed for life, with an eye put out or worse.

Taking any gun to school in this day and age is stupid. With today's zero tolerance policy, you could be expelled for bringing a squirt gun to school.

I haven't said anything absurd or unreasonable. I simply asked if the police and those involved could evaluate and examine the situation and see it it was possible or would be possible to handle this type of thing differently in the future to a better possible outcome. Every reasonable person i know would do just that. I haven't said anything at all negative about the police in any way. If you disagree with me, that is fine, but if you can't disagree without going ape and calling me an "idiot" for my opinion, then maybe you don't know what you are talking about.

That is SUPPOSED to be what takes place, aka Critical Incident Stress Debriefing. But who knows in a little one horse town like that.

It doesn't matter if this was a pellet gun, what was he doing brandishing any kind of a gun around at school?

Did you see the gun? It looks like a real gun.

The cops were justified in shooting him. I can't imagine what the hell this kid was thinking, but in this day and age how could you NOT know that kind of behavior would likely get you killed?

If it had been a real gun and the cops pussy-footed around and he ended up shooting someone...THEN the cops would be at fault. But they took care of business.

It does not sound as though the school system had a 'zero tolerance' policy regarding weapons. If they had, he would have already been expelled over the knife he had earlier.

I haven't said anything absurd or unreasonable. I simply asked if the police and those involved could evaluate and examine the situation and see it it was possible or would be possible to handle this type of thing differently in the future to a better possible outcome. Every reasonable person i know would do just that. I haven't said anything at all negative about the police in any way. If you disagree with me, that is fine, but if you can't disagree without going ape and calling me an "idiot" for my opinion, then maybe you don't know what you are talking about.

That is SUPPOSED to be what takes place, aka Critical Incident Stress Debriefing. But who knows in a little one horse town like that.

I would be hesitant to call Brownsville a "little one horse town".

Wiki entry:

"Brownsville is a city in the southernmost tip of the state of Texas, in the United States.[3] It is located on the northern bank of the Rio Grande, directly north and across the border from Matamoros, Tamaulipas, Mexico. Brownsville is the 16th largest city in the state of Texas with a population of 175,023.[4] In addition, the Matamoros–Brownsville Metropolitan Area counts with a population of 1,136,995,[5] making it the 4th largest metropolitan area in the Mexico-US border.[6]
The area in Brownsville is one of the fastest growing urban areas in the United States.[7] The city's population dramatically increased after it experienced a boom in the steel industry during the 1900s, where it produced three times its annual capacity.[8] Nowadays, the Port of Brownsville is a major economic hub for South Texas, where shipments from Mexico, other parts of the United States and the world arrive.[9] Brownsville's economy is mainly based on its international trade with Mexico through the NAFTA agreement, and is home to one of the fastest growing manufacturing sectors in the nation.[10] In addition, Brownsville's climate has often been recognized among the best pro-business climates in the United States,[11] and the city has also been ranked among the least expensive places to live in the U.S.[12]"

"A student shall be expelled from school if the student possesses, uses, or exhibits any firearm, illegal knife, club, or prohibited wea- pon, on school property or while attending a school-sponsored or school-related activity on or off school property. Education Code 37.007(a)(1) [See also FOD]"

Brownsville ISD - TASB Policy On Line

i don't want a cop to die, just as much as i don't want a kid to die....the death of either, is a tragedy.....killing another human being is a horrific thing.....no one deserves to die or to be killed, unless they have maliciously killed another human....imo.

you appear to think only the lives of the cops count? I think you are wrong on that....every life counts....TT.

So according to this logic the cops should have waited till one of them were dead or one of the kids in the school?
I'm certain the cops did the best that they could, not a malicious move on their part, and are sickened about what happened.....I am also certain that they are NOT running around saying "good, the kid deserved to die", as people on this site are saying.... I am certain they are reviewing their own actions over and over again...and the precinct is reviewing the incident and seeing if there was a better way to handle it for the "next time around", for if there is another "next time around"....as they should do. Ttaking the life of another human being by our government (police) should NOT ever be taken lightly...the Police represent ME, THE TAX PAYER and I and my neighbors and my family do NOT want to see them killing people that were not going to kill them...and in this case, the 15 year old child WAS NOT going to kill anyone with his pellet gun.....

It was my understanding that part of the training for policemen is the psychoanalysis of their subject, if at all possible....so not to kill the "crazies" out there and only kill the ones that have killed or are about to kill (with some sort of certainty)....

Maybe I am wrong on that, and they just throw policemen out there with no training in this kind of stuff and maybe this is why things go wrong...but when my uncle Jimmy and Uncle Joe became cops, they did have training for these kind of circumstances....but back then, cops did not kill innocent people as much as they do now....so maybe the rules have changed....?

No the rules haven't changed. The killing of an innocent person is still wrong. I have worked with police in large towns and small. And there are varying attitudes and skill levels. I get the very strong gut feeling that these cops either wer very green or had the same attitude as some of the posters here. My issue with the situation is that none of the 'talking down' techniques were tries. They just barked an order which was not followed and then fired.

I am glad my children are grown. I was VERY much OK with it when they both opted out of having children, then mother nature decided that one of the would have a child. It's really scary when you think about sending a child to school and he ends up dead at the hand of the government before th day was over

From what I have read, the communty is still demanding 'justice' for this killing. Obviously the community doesn't see it as the cops 'just doing what needed doing.' I think if you read, the opinions of some of our posters are colored by their loathing of the 'slimy bastard anchor baby' syndrome. When someone looks at another human in those terms, and when they have the option they will give a thumbs up to anyone who manages to harm or kill one even close to that description in their eyes.

As a parent, I know that you pretty much have to lie down and let the school system stomp all over you if you don't want them to label your child and provoke him on a daily basis. I also know that many students who take weapons to school have, themselves, been threatened and are trying to preserve their own lives. But neither of those facts will be acknowledged here because two cops have to save their own skin, and the 'system' has to maintain some kind of order.

"A student shall be expelled from school if the student possesses, uses, or exhibits any firearm, illegal knife, club, or prohibited wea- pon, on school property or while attending a school-sponsored or school-related activity on or off school property. Education Code 37.007(a)(1) [See also FOD]"

So why didn't he get expelled earlier when he brandished a knife?

Didn't he do that immediately before the pellet gun incident? I thought that's how it went, but I could be wrong.

Wiki entry:

"Brownsville is a city in the southernmost tip of the state of Texas, in the United States.[3] It is located on the northern bank of the Rio Grande, directly north and across the border from Matamoros, Tamaulipas, Mexico. Brownsville is the 16th largest city in the state of Texas with a population of 175,023.[4] In addition, the Matamoros–Brownsville Metropolitan Area counts with a population of 1,136,995,[5] making it the 4th largest metropolitan area in the Mexico-US border.[6]
The area in Brownsville is one of the fastest growing urban areas in the United States.[7] The city's population dramatically increased after it experienced a boom in the steel industry during the 1900s, where it produced three times its annual capacity.[8] Nowadays, the Port of Brownsville is a major economic hub for South Texas, where shipments from Mexico, other parts of the United States and the world arrive.[9] Brownsville's economy is mainly based on its international trade with Mexico through the NAFTA agreement, and is home to one of the fastest growing manufacturing sectors in the nation.[10] In addition, Brownsville's climate has often been recognized among the best pro-business climates in the United States,[11] and the city has also been ranked among the least expensive places to live in the U.S.[12]"

175,000 people is NOT a large city. But if you want to contend that it is, fine. That puts the lie to this being a little Hispanic community that grew its own cops.

Last edited:

Didn't he do that immediately before the pellet gun incident? I thought that's how it went, but I could be wrong.

Do you have a link?

Wiki entry:

175,000 people is NOT a large city. But if you want to contend that it is, fine. That put the lie to this being a little Hispanic community that grew its own cops.

No one said it's a large city.

A one horse town, though like you said, it's not. :thup:

Memory of a fucking guppy.

[
From what I have read, the communty is still demanding 'justice' for this killing. Obviously the community doesn't see it as the cops 'just doing what needed doing.' I think if you read, the opinions of some of our posters are colored by their loathing of the 'slimy bastard anchor baby' syndrome. When someone looks at another human in those terms, and when they have the option they will give a thumbs up to anyone who manages to harm or kill one even close to that description in their eyes.

So, is it okay with you if a kid is going to the same school with your own kid, and one of your kids' classmate carried a gun to school, which looks like a glock, points it at a cop (or worse at another student), threatens to shoot, and nobody does anything to try and stop it? I think it's a pretty sad day when people take up for defiant punks and jump all over the cops who were doing their jobs to protect other students in the school.

If the kid who got killed had listened to the cops, and not acted like a defiant little punk, none of this would have happened. As for the community demanding justice, it's because they are reacting to emotion rather than looking at the situation with any objectivity. There's no surprise there, but it doesn't change that fact.

So according to this logic the cops should have waited till one of them were dead or one of the kids in the school?
I'm certain the cops did the best that they could, not a malicious move on their part, and are sickened about what happened.....I am also certain that they are NOT running around saying "good, the kid deserved to die", as people on this site are saying.... I am certain they are reviewing their own actions over and over again...and the precinct is reviewing the incident and seeing if there was a better way to handle it for the "next time around", for if there is another "next time around"....as they should do. Ttaking the life of another human being by our government (police) should NOT ever be taken lightly...the Police represent ME, THE TAX PAYER and I and my neighbors and my family do NOT want to see them killing people that were not going to kill them...and in this case, the 15 year old child WAS NOT going to kill anyone with his pellet gun.....

It was my understanding that part of the training for policemen is the psychoanalysis of their subject, if at all possible....so not to kill the "crazies" out there and only kill the ones that have killed or are about to kill (with some sort of certainty)....

Maybe I am wrong on that, and they just throw policemen out there with no training in this kind of stuff and maybe this is why things go wrong...but when my uncle Jimmy and Uncle Joe became cops, they did have training for these kind of circumstances....but back then, cops did not kill innocent people as much as they do now....so maybe the rules have changed....?

No the rules haven't changed. The killing of an innocent person is still wrong. I have worked with police in large towns and small. And there are varying attitudes and skill levels. I get the very strong gut feeling that these cops either wer very green or had the same attitude as some of the posters here. My issue with the situation is that none of the 'talking down' techniques were tries. They just barked an order which was not followed and then fired.

I am glad my children are grown. I was VERY much OK with it when they both opted out of having children, then mother nature decided that one of the would have a child. It's really scary when you think about sending a child to school and he ends up dead at the hand of the government before th day was over

As a parent, I know that you pretty much have to lie down and let the school system stomp all over you if you don't want them to label your child and provoke him on a daily basis. I also know that many students who take weapons to school have, themselves, been threatened and are trying to preserve their own lives. But neither of those facts will be acknowledged here because two cops have to save their own skin, and the 'system' has to maintain some kind of order.

And there we have the disconnect. You think a kid brandish a knife and what appears to be a 9 MM handgun in a school full of children is innocent. He attacked one kid and was a threat to the entire school.

Once again for the slow and amazingly stupid. The cops saw a glock 9 MM in his hands, that is what it LOOKS like. They had hundreds of children and dozens of Teachers at risk. They tried for 20 minutes to talk him down. He made the choice to POINT what looked like a 9 MM handgun at cops. He caused what happened. He purposefully stayed as far away as he could so that they could not use a taser or any non lethal means to subdue an ARMED person in a Middle school. If it were a 9mm the lock on the doors would have been useless, one shot and he is in.

Wiki entry:

175,000 people is NOT a large city. But if you want to contend that it is, fine. That put the lie to this being a little Hispanic community that grew its own cops.

No one said it's a large city.

A one horse town, though like you said, it's not. :thup:

Memory of a fucking guppy.

It is a one horse town.

Bocaand77.jpg

Forum List

Back