Thank God Our Founding Fathers Demanded Evidence in Trials

Impeachment is purely political
It's really not about crimes.
Does one party have the political capital to do it
Are they willing to spend it
Can they weather the blowback

That's the criteria

To quote once again a prominent Repub....

“You don’t even have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this constitutional republic if this body determines that your conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role. Impeachment is not about punishment. Impeachment is about cleansing the office. Impeachment is about restoring honor and integrity to the office.

Are you expecting Rudy to testify in the Senate trial?
https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F191101160804-20191101-ukraine-players-4split.jpg

Private jets and bodyguards: Indicted Giuliani associate Lev Parnas touted windfall from Ukrainian oligarch - CNNPolitics

Most references to the "Founding Fathers" are too childish or overly simplistic.

In practice though, they were thinking men who deserve respect.

Abuse of power is a law broken.

You've gotta realize that very little that Adolph Twitler says is true.
I thought Abuse of power was not one of the articles....

Abuse of power is a law broken.

You've gotta realize that very little that Adolph Twitler says is true.
I thought Abuse of power was not one of the articles....
You need to look at some real news from time to time.

Read the Articles of Impeachment Against President Trump

“You don’t even have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this constitutional republic if this body determines that your conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role. Impeachment is not about punishment. Impeachment is about cleansing the office. Impeachment is about restoring honor and integrity to the office.

The Constitution specifically specifies that impeachment is for “high crimes and misdemeanors”. Though there is a certain vagueness to the term, I have to say that it would be a terrible stretch to try to apply that to any alleged activity that is not explicitly a violation of a standing law. Vague accusations of “conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role” or a claimed intent of “cleansing the office…restoring honor and integrity to the office” would not be justification for the impeachment process. To be valid, there really needs to be a credible claim that the target of the proceeding has committed an actual violation of law.

And you think what happened with the last administration was showing honesty and integrity? IRS targeting. Spying on journalists. Giving private information to third parties. Fast and Furious. Not to mention sending over a billion in cash to Iran without Congressional approval.
I can just imagine the fallout if Trump did the same with NK.

Chuckle! I wonder what the founding fathers thought about withholding evidence in the form of ignoring subpoenas and refusing staff to testify or provide documentation.
I love the way you support the refusal of Exec staff to comply with requests for evidence as the Constitutional law of the land specifies, then yell about 'no evidence'. It's the NEENER! NEENER! NEENER! excuse.
But I think sincere Americans of every stripe notice the intentional withholding of evidence and wonder why, especially if it is as exculpatory as claimed. Kinda hints at something to hide, doesn't it?

The Constitution specifically specifies that impeachment is for “high crimes and misdemeanors”. Though there is a certain vagueness to the term, I have to say that it would be a terrible stretch to try to apply that to any alleged activity that is not explicitly a violation of a standing law. Vague accusations of “conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role” or a claimed intent of “cleansing the office…restoring honor and integrity to the office” would not be justification for the impeachment process. To be valid, there really needs to be a credible claim that the target of the proceeding has committed an actual violation of law.
It does say "high crimes" seems to make sense to me

Apparently you missed "bribery"...which is what extortion is

Forum List

Back