Thanks to Reaganomics 80 Percent...

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009
Thanks to Reaganomics 80 Percent...

...Of U.S. Adults Face Near-Poverty, Unemployment

Excerpted from Hope Yen's AP article;
80 Percent Of U.S. Adults Face Near-Poverty, Unemployment

*The risks of poverty also have been increasing in recent decades, particularly among people ages 35-55, coinciding with widening income inequality. For instance, people ages 35-45 had a 17 percent risk of encountering poverty during the 1969-1989 time period; that risk increased to 23 percent during the 1989-2009 period. For those ages 45-55, the risk of poverty jumped from 11.8 percent to 17.7 percent.

*"They [uneducated whites] don't trust big government, but it doesn't mean they want no government," says Republican pollster Ed Goeas, who agrees that working-class whites will remain an important electoral group. His research found that many of them would support anti-poverty programs if focused broadly on job training and infrastructure investment.

Reagan hasn't been president since January 1989, so your blame is misplaced.

Obama, on the other hand, has been in office since January 2009.

Last edited:
LOL, his own stats dont back him up. Funny how during the original time we had mostly republican presidents, the time it soared, we've had 2 democrats and one republican.......getting owned in his own thread!

Obama, on the other hand, has been in office since January 2008.

The OP is full of it. Hell, what's next? Blame Eisenhower for the war in Afghanistan?

I actually did quite well with Ronnie in office. Of course, I have never laid the blame OR the credit of the office of president. None of those clowns have ever done a damned thing for me.

Whether I did well or badly, it was all on ME.

I guess the only thing I can look to former presidents to is JFK and Clinton, for turning the WH into a Whore House.

Last edited:

No wonder y'all blame him for the crash of fall 2008 :lol:

no, that was the democrats and they're affirmative action housing policies.....give loans to people who dont qualify or risk being labeled a racist and have the govt sue you....so they loaned to people who couldnt pay....who knew that was a bad idea?

Which is still not enough time to undo the mistakes of the oafish, simple-minded George W. Bush, and his ill-cultured, bible schooled defenders.

Dear Dot Communist:

That's pretty funny coming from someone who displays such brain throttling hatred for Reagan and Bush.

SRSLY

And it's pretty telling how your desperation drives you to deflect any accountability whatsoever from The Won.

*helpfully*

boe

Which is still not enough time to undo the mistakes of the oafish, simple-minded George W. Bush, and his ill-cultured, bible schooled defenders.

5 years of Obama and can you get me that list of Bush era repeals? If you like I'll get you the list of Bush era polices Obama expanded, hell from the Patriot act, bush era tax cuts to Afghanistan to bailing out the rich. If you wana do this I'll be glad to own the ever living shit out of you, no doubt you won't accept reality, but I'll still be right and you will remain the lying hater you are.

It was Reagan that brought us the highest level of disability and food stamp use ever. And did I mention that Reagan is responsible for the bursitis in my elbow?

5 years of Obama and can you get me that list of Bush era repeals? If you like I'll get you the list of Bush era polices Obama expanded, hell from the Patriot act, bush era tax cuts to Afghanistan to bailing out the rich. If you wana do this I'll be glad to own the ever living shit out of you, no doubt you won't accept reality, but I'll still be right and you will remain the lying hater you are.

Obama really only had two years, before the GOP got ahold of power in the House, and started doing damage...again.

The Dems need eight years at least of unified power in DC to undo the damage done since the GOP's ascendancy in 1980 when the actor from Bedtime For Bonzo was elected.

The GOP has been making mistakes in domestic and foreign policy from 1980 to now, with brief pauses from 1993 to 1995 and then again from 2009 to 2011, when progress was made without the "We miss the 1950s" idiots of the GOP in the way of progress.

Obama really only had two years, before the GOP got ahold of power in the House, and started doing damage...again.

The Dems need eight years at least of unified power in DC to undo the damage done since the GOP's ascendancy in 1980 when the actor from Bedtime For Bonzo was elected.

The GOP has been making mistakes in domestic and foreign policy from 1980 to now, with brief pauses from 1993 to 1995 and then again from 2009 to 2011, when progress was made without the "We miss the 1950s" idiots of the GOP in the way of progress.

Let's see...the Dems had complete power the last 2 years of Bush, the the first two years of OBarry. Thats 4 years. What do we have to show for it? A stupid healthcare bill that was passed WITHOUT ONE REPUBLICAN VOTE and will never see the light of day.

Imagine what those peckerheads might have screwed up if they were STILL in power. :cuckoo:

Translation: to truly accomplish their goal of transforming America, the Dems need to eliminate any competing ideas and enforce dictatorial control upon the plebes.

Forum List

Back