🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Thanks Trump, for destroying the GOP

[

What's laughable about that statement...is that EVERY political party's "goal" is to make the opposition's time in power as short as possible. For some reason you liberals think that started a year into Barry's first term when Mitch McConnell stated the obvious!

They would make the "opposition's time in power as short as possible" by proposing better policy alternatives not simply getting on the floor saying" I am going to hold my breath until I turn blue" because the President is Black.......

All very noble concepts, too bad the racists and sore losers (the entire Republican establishment) set the goal of making the new president a one term wonder.
But you're a bigot and could't see the left doing that to Bush.
Really ... I am reading all over USMB how Hillary Clinton is really the one responsible for Iraq because she voted to give Bush war power and he misused that power.......so she is really the architect of that mess..

I'm surprised to see that you are hanging on to my every word.
I am not hanging on your every word I am hanging you on to your own inconsistencies ........I think I can see how you are pinned..

Can't answer the questions?
You can't do anything but ask questions because that is your simpleton manner of "staying in control" ...you are not a prosecutor...I am your affiant

At least I'm smart enough to ask questions. All you do is reflect.
How do you know I'm not a prosecutor? Why do you consider yourself an affiant?

Let's see...hmm...follow the breadcrumbs...

1. Trump donates millions to democratic candidates in the past to defeat the GOP in election cycles..

2. Trump volunteers to run on a platform in 2016 that is purposefully destructive to the GOP label.....

3. Trump vows to lead his flock into rioting if he fails to secure the GOP nomination..

Anyone see a pattern here? Should we ask George Soros for comment?

1. Trump donates millions to democratic candidates in the past to defeat the GOP in election cycles..

2. Trump volunteers to run on a platform in 2016 that is purposefully destructive to the GOP label.....

3. Trump vows to lead his flock into rioting if he fails to secure the GOP nomination..

Oopsy!

Trump Family Donates Millions To Pro-Romney SuperPACs ...

Considering the last two who held the oval office, one promised to be a compassionate conservative and a unite a the nation, and the other to end the war in Iraq and bring change, which one tried to walk the walk?

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't one Barack Obama also promise to unite the nation? Has ANY President in history fomented more division than he has? Conservative versus Liberal. Rich versus Poor. Blacks versus Whites. Muslims versus Christians.

Obama didn't say he was a uniter, that was Bush. Obama promised hope and change and his efforts were challenged every step of the way. Obama's skin color brought racists out of the closet and an honest person would put the onus on the rhetoric of his adversaries.

I) OBAMA PROMISES TO BE A UNITER OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE:

“There is not a liberal America and a conservative America. There is a United States of America. There is not a black America and a white America, a Latino America, an Asian America, There is a United States of America.” -- Obama addressing the Democratic national convention in 2004 (here and here)

“[Too often] we’re distracted from our real failures and told to blame the other party, or gay people, or immigrants.” -- Obama's announcement speech declaring his presidential candidacy (February 10, 2007)

* “I don’t want to pit Red America against Blue America. I want to be the president
 of the United States of America.” -- Obama at the 2007 Jefferson-Jackson dinner in Iowa

* “We have a choice in this country. We can accept a politics that breeds division and conflict and cynicism…. That is one option. Or, at this moment, in this election, we can come together and say, ‘Not this time….’” -- Obama speech in Philadelphia, addressing the controversy over Jeremiah Wright (March 18, 2008)

* Candidate Obama told Jann Wenner of Rolling Stone in 2008 that he would put an end to the type of politics that “breeds division and conflict and cynicism,” and that he would help Americans “rediscover our bonds to each other and to get out of this constant petty bickering that’s come to characterize our politics.”

* “If you don’t have any fresh ideas, then you use stale tactics to scare voters. If you don’t have a record to run on, then you paint
 your opponent as someone people should run from.” -- Obama, implicitly rejecting political scare tactics, during his presidential acceptance speech (August 28, 2008)

* “You [voters] said the time has come to move beyond the bitterness and ager and pettiness that's consumed Washington; to end the political strategy that's been all about division. And instead make it about addition; to build a coalition for change that stretches through red states and blue states.” -- Obama, after winning the Iowa Caucus (January 1, 2008)

* “The time has come for a president … who will listen to you and learn from you even when we disagree.... I will be that president for America.” -- Obama, after winning the Iowa Caucus (January 1, 2008)

* “I'll be a president who finally makes health care affordable and available to every single American, the same way I expanded health care in Illinois. By bringing Democrats and Republicans together to get the job done.” -- Obama, after winning the Iowa Caucus (January 1, 2008)

* “This [victory in Iowa] was the moment when we finally beat back the politics of fear and doubt and cynicism, the politics where we tear each other down instead of lifting this country up.” -- Obama, after winning the Iowa Caucus (January 1, 2008)

* “We are not a collection of red states and blue state. We are the United States of America.” -- Obama, after winning the Iowa Caucus (January 1, 2008)

* “I will listen to you,
 especially when we disagree… Let us resist the temptation to fall back on the same partisanship and pettiness and immaturity that has poisoned our politics
for too long.” -- Obama in Grant Park, Chicago, on the night of his election (Nov. 4, 2008)

No question Obama was naïve and didn't understand that he was dealing with a Republican Party that was willing to bring our government to a standstill....as long as it makes Obama a one term President

Was it being "naive" or was it talking a lot of bullshit?

Be honest for once, Winger...Barack Obama came into office with overwhelming public support and huge Democratic majorities in both the House and the Senate. The GOP didn't have the ability to bring government to a standstill until after the mid-term elections in 2010. The massive swings in seats in both the House and the Senate came as the result of what Barry, Harry and Nancy had done in the two years they controlled Washington.

I think Obama thought he would be afforded the courtesies that every other President had been given
He assumed Republicans would be willing to compromise, to give something in order to receive something and above all ...put aside partisan politics when the well being of the country demanded it

Unfortunately, he wasted the first two years of his Presidency trying to make Washington work the way it had in the past. It was not until he realized that the Republicans would never work with him that he became an effective President

And, Romney lost. He was a loser from the get-go. Everybody knew it too. So your "oopsy" fits right in with the theory I have... What better way to win an election than to fund from the other side, the candidate most likely to not have chance against the one you actually want to win.

These guys weren't born yesterday. They know how to close the deal.. Back a conspicuous mormon empty suit for the GOP run, because you know, a "majority" is going to get behind that in 2012.. And this syndrome is exactly why both CNN and MSNBC are pushing "Trump! Trump! Trump! Trump! Trump!...." He'll tank against Hillary when you subtract Hispanic, Black and women and conscientious conservatives votes from his big wave in the general...

Last edited:
Considering the last two who held the oval office, one promised to be a compassionate conservative and a unite a the nation, and the other to end the war in Iraq and bring change, which one tried to walk the walk?

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't one Barack Obama also promise to unite the nation? Has ANY President in history fomented more division than he has? Conservative versus Liberal. Rich versus Poor. Blacks versus Whites. Muslims versus Christians.

Obama didn't say he was a uniter, that was Bush. Obama promised hope and change and his efforts were challenged every step of the way. Obama's skin color brought racists out of the closet and an honest person would put the onus on the rhetoric of his adversaries.

“There is not a liberal America and a conservative America. There is a United States of America. There is not a black America and a white America, a Latino America, an Asian America, There is a United States of America.” -- Obama addressing the Democratic national convention in 2004 (here and here)

“[Too often] we’re distracted from our real failures and told to blame the other party, or gay people, or immigrants.” -- Obama's announcement speech declaring his presidential candidacy (February 10, 2007)

* “I don’t want to pit Red America against Blue America. I want to be the president
 of the United States of America.” -- Obama at the 2007 Jefferson-Jackson dinner in Iowa

* “We have a choice in this country. We can accept a politics that breeds division and conflict and cynicism…. That is one option. Or, at this moment, in this election, we can come together and say, ‘Not this time….’” -- Obama speech in Philadelphia, addressing the controversy over Jeremiah Wright (March 18, 2008)

* Candidate Obama told Jann Wenner of Rolling Stone in 2008 that he would put an end to the type of politics that “breeds division and conflict and cynicism,” and that he would help Americans “rediscover our bonds to each other and to get out of this constant petty bickering that’s come to characterize our politics.”

* “If you don’t have any fresh ideas, then you use stale tactics to scare voters. If you don’t have a record to run on, then you paint
 your opponent as someone people should run from.” -- Obama, implicitly rejecting political scare tactics, during his presidential acceptance speech (August 28, 2008)

* “You [voters] said the time has come to move beyond the bitterness and ager and pettiness that's consumed Washington; to end the political strategy that's been all about division. And instead make it about addition; to build a coalition for change that stretches through red states and blue states.” -- Obama, after winning the Iowa Caucus (January 1, 2008)

* “The time has come for a president … who will listen to you and learn from you even when we disagree.... I will be that president for America.” -- Obama, after winning the Iowa Caucus (January 1, 2008)

* “I'll be a president who finally makes health care affordable and available to every single American, the same way I expanded health care in Illinois. By bringing Democrats and Republicans together to get the job done.” -- Obama, after winning the Iowa Caucus (January 1, 2008)

* “This [victory in Iowa] was the moment when we finally beat back the politics of fear and doubt and cynicism, the politics where we tear each other down instead of lifting this country up.” -- Obama, after winning the Iowa Caucus (January 1, 2008)

* “We are not a collection of red states and blue state. We are the United States of America.” -- Obama, after winning the Iowa Caucus (January 1, 2008)

* “I will listen to you,
 especially when we disagree… Let us resist the temptation to fall back on the same partisanship and pettiness and immaturity that has poisoned our politics
for too long.” -- Obama in Grant Park, Chicago, on the night of his election (Nov. 4, 2008)

All very noble concepts, too bad the racists and sore losers (the entire Republican establishment) set the goal of making the new president a one term wonder.

What's laughable about that statement...is that EVERY political party's "goal" is to make the opposition's time in power as short as possible. For some reason you liberals think that started a year into Barry's first term when Mitch McConnell stated the obvious!

Mitch McConnells statement was different in that he was not working to put his party in the best position to win in 2012 but was working to make sure that Obama failed
In spite of the worst recession in 75 years, Republicans were doing all they could to ensure that there would be no economic recovery by 2012

* “I will listen to you,

Mitch McConnells statement was different in that he was not working to put his party in the best position to win in 2012 but was working to make sure that Obama failed
In spite of the worst recession in 75 years, Republicans were doing all they could to ensure that there would be no economic recovery by 2012

Well, at least Obama and the republicans found common ground with another nafta type sellout - the ultra secret TPP,

Trump tells the people what they want to hear, demagogues lead by appealing to the emotions and prejudices of the people, at least those persons who are biddable and ruled by their emotions.
what politician does not tell people what they want to hear?....

I can't answer that beyond what I've posted many times: watch their feet, not their lips (it is not what they say, it is what they do).
no its what they say to get elected and then when they are they all of a sudden seem to forget what they promised or have excuses as to the why it did not happen....

it all depends on how you look at it wry.....i feel both bush and obama are piss poor leaders.....i feel that by their 3rd year both were only talking to those who were supporting them,everyone else,too bad....both were and are horrible at bringing people together,that situation has been getting worse since the day bush went into Iraq....and shortly before that bush was looking like he could have been one of our best presidents....he sure blew that all to hell.....piss poor leader....

Trump tells the people what they want to hear, demagogues lead by appealing to the emotions and prejudices of the people, at least those persons who are biddable and ruled by their emotions.

I can't answer that beyond what I've posted many times: watch their feet, not their lips (it is not what they say, it is what they do).
no its what they say to get elected and then when they are they all of a sudden seem to forget what they promised or have excuses as to the why it did not happen....

They both promised to be uniters. Bush failed because the left defines unity as 100% agreement with them. obama failed because the left defines unity as 100% agreement with them.
so does the right....and if you cant see that weasel it just might be because you are part of the right....

They both promised to be uniters. Bush failed because the left defines unity as 100% agreement with them. obama failed because the left defines unity as 100% agreement with them.
so does the right....and if you cant see that weasel it just might be because you are part of the right....
The right compromises far too often. That's exactly WHY the TEA Party was formed.
It's WHY no establishment types are in the running for president.

And, Romney lost. He was a loser from the get-go. Everybody knew it too. So your "oopsy" fits right in with the theory I have... What better way to win an election than to fund from the other side, the candidate most likely to not have chance against the one you actually want to win.

These guys weren't born yesterday. They know how to close the deal.. Back a conspicuous mormon empty suit for the GOP run, because you know, a "majority" is going to get behind that in 2012.. And this syndrome is exactly why both CNN and MSNBC are pushing "Trump! Trump! Trump! Trump! Trump!...." He'll tank against Hillary when you subtract Hispanic, Black and women and conscientious conservatives votes from his big wave in the general...

What better way to win an election than to fund from the other side? What does that mean?

Not everyone knew Romney was a loser. Apparently just you.
Pundits premature in crowning Romney the winner ...

The right compromises far too often. That's exactly WHY the TEA Party was formed.
It's WHY no establishment types are in the running for president.

The right doesn't compromise....THEY LOSE

At least if they compromised they would receive something in return. It is their insistence on total victory or nothing that ends in them receiving nothing

Forum List

Back