Thanksgiving Day is a United States national holiday celebrated annually on the fourth Thursday of November.

I just don't see over 1,000 americans dying every day, with the holidays likely to cause that number to spike even higher, to be something to be thankful for.
Stay home an eat a turkey sandwich, then.

Good god, no one holds you people hostage.
I love thanksgiving. Getting together with the family. But this year it's not safe to do so. What's thanksgiving if you have to lock grandma and grandpa in their rooms.

Better to put it off until late spring or summer when we would truly have something to be thankful for, and everybody in the family could celebrate.

Nah, just do your social distancing, wash your hands, and is you see anyone showing symptoms scream at them and run the other way...

Truth is people have to do what they have to do...

Thanksgiving Day, annual national holiday in the United States and Canada celebrating the harvest and other blessings of the past year.

Americans generally believe that their Thanksgiving is modeled on a 1621 harvest feast shared by the English colonists (Pilgrims) of Plymouth and the Wampanoag people.

Since we are no longer tied to an annual fall harvest (we grow our crops globally) thanksgiving doesn't really celebrate the fall harvest.

Moving it to a day we could truly be thankful for would give it new meaning.

Just about every member of my family I ever cared about is dead. Just about every one of them died between thanksgiving an new years. The holidays are a nightmare of bad memories and dread for me. It's great I do not have to feel guilty about not attending the rest of my family's gorgefest/prayer meeting/alcohol free football party 400 miles away this year.

To curb the spread of the coronavirus, congress could move thanksgiving to sometime in the late spring, early summer, when the vaccine would be available, and we would truly have a reason to be thankful.
not necessary. the sham dem pandemic is over. as predicted by trumptards all over this shithole of a board.

To curb the spread of the coronavirus, congress could move thanksgiving to sometime in the late spring, early summer, when the vaccine would be available, and we would truly have a reason to be thankful.
not necessary. the sham dem pandemic is over. as predicted by trumptards all over this shithole of a board.

I dont recall people indicating it would be over when President Trump was reelected.

Instead of telling people not to travel for thanksgiving, it would be within the powers of congress to just move it to a safer date.
Dude
Just crawl into your bunker
Thanksgiving is not mandatory.
Like all things connected with COVID-19, even if 90% of the people are careful, and act responsibly, it just takes 10% of the population to do the wrong thing to keep the pandemic alive.

Look at the White House. They have 10% of their secret service agents out, because of the coronavirus. Do you remember when Trump took that ride around Walter Reed while he suffered from COVID-19, forcing the secret service to ride with him in an air tight SUV.

Instead of telling people not to travel for thanksgiving, it would be within the powers of congress to just move it to a safer date.
Dude
Just crawl into your bunker
Thanksgiving is not mandatory.
Like all things connected with COVID-19, even if 90% of the people are careful, and act responsibly, it just takes 10% of the population to do the wrong thing to keep the pandemic alive.

Look at the White House. They have 10% of their secret service agents out, because of the coronavirus. Do you remember when Trump took that ride around Walter Reed while he suffered from COVID-19, forcing the secret service to ride with him in an air tight SUV.

Crawl
Into
Your
Bunker.

You think the pandemic is over?

Only morons and Trump supporters would say that. They're the only ones who can ignore the coronavirus spiking in 48 of 50 states.

Only morons and Trump supporters would say that. They're the only ones who can ignore the coronavirus spiking in 48 of 50 states.
well, it is just a hoax perpetrated by the whole world to sabotage trump's campaign. so, naturally, it is over after the election. i mean, who can argue with trumplogic.

well, it is just a hoax perpetrated by the whole world to sabotage trump's campaign. so, naturally, it is over after the election. i mean, who can argue with trumplogic.

If Biden truly delivers, maybe you'll be able to afford egg salad 2x a year!

And this was just a flesh wound.

Just about every member of my family I ever cared about is dead. Just about every one of them died between thanksgiving an new years. The holidays are a nightmare of bad memories and dread for me.
I have the same feelings. Bad memories from psychiatric wards, emergency rooms, mental hospitals, and insane asylums. And they went to court to revoke my gun rights, and make and enforce other adverse decisions over my head against my will. Nothing I do for those people is ever good enough. They don't give me any money, no matter what I do, how hard I work, how well qualified or competent I am, nothing.
It's great I do not have to feel guilty about not attending the rest of my family's gorgefest/prayer meeting/alcohol free football party 400 miles away this year.
And they don't do drugs, and they're clean and sober, yadda yadda yadda. Gotta have your wisdom teeth pulled while you're still on your parent's health insurance. It's required by law. Yadda yadda yadda and they're pulling out all stops to enforce some 4000-year-old covenant in the flesh to this day. I don't have a friggin' clue what those people pray for anymore, but their souls are damned, and they have no interest in either temporal or eternal salvation.

Just about every member of my family I ever cared about is dead. Just about every one of them died between thanksgiving an new years. The holidays are a nightmare of bad memories and dread for me.
I have the same feelings. Bad memories from psychiatric wards, emergency rooms, mental hospitals, and insane asylums. And they went to court to revoke my gun rights, and make and enforce other adverse decisions over my head against my will. Nothing I do for those people is ever good enough. They don't give me any money, no matter what I do, how hard I work, how well qualified or competent I am, nothing.
It's great I do not have to feel guilty about not attending the rest of my family's gorgefest/prayer meeting/alcohol free football party 400 miles away this year.
And they don't do drugs, and they're clean and sober, yadda yadda yadda. Gotta have your wisdom teeth pulled while you're still on your parent's health insurance. It's required by law. Yadda yadda yadda and they're pulling out all stops to enforce some 4000-year-old covenant in the flesh to this day. I don't have a friggin' clue what those people pray for anymore, but their souls are damned, and they have no interest in either temporal or eternal salvation.

Well said....

Forum List

Back