Thanksgiving Day is a United States national holiday celebrated annually on the fourth Thursday of November.

Were you trying to post this in Political Satire?

Instead of telling people not to travel for thanksgiving, it would be within the powers of congress to just move it to a safer date.

oh really....you seem not to understand how this works! ............Thanksgiving and Christmas for "them" but not for us peasants. :mad-61:

dYSY1kEX_normal.jpg

Leigh Ann Caldwell

@LACaldwellDC 2h.

House Dem and GOP leaders are holding respective dinners for new members.
@SpeakerPelosi told me it’s safe. “It’s very spaced,” she said and there is enhanced ventilation and the Capitol physician signed off.

1605307050579.png

oh really....you seem not to understand how this works! ............Thanksgiving and Christmas for "them" but not for us peasants. :mad-61:

dYSY1kEX_normal.jpg

Leigh Ann Caldwell

@LACaldwellDC 2h.

@SpeakerPelosi told me it’s safe. “It’s very spaced,” she said and there is enhanced ventilation and the Capitol physician signed off.

View attachment 415732

Moving thanksgiving would do so for "them" too.

and we would truly have a reason to be thankful.
I'm doing Thanksgiving in November, thank you.

You can do it anytime you like.

I would rather wait until a time when we could safely gather the entire family together, and not be limited to 10 people like they are imposing in New York State.

Who I have inside my own home, or how many, is no business of the government. I will celebrate my holidays as I please.

What you do, is your own business.

For the moment, this isn't The Soviet Union.

dYSY1kEX_normal.jpg

Leigh Ann Caldwell

@LACaldwellDC 2h.

View attachment 415732

Moving thanksgiving would do so for "them" too.

But "they" won't.

Because they are hypocrites. One law for you another for "us".

Who I have inside my own home, or how many, is no business of the government. I will celebrate my holidays as I please.

What you do, is your own business.

For the moment, this isn't The Soviet Union.

• Experts say a wedding in Maine attended by 62 people that has been linked so far to at least 170 COVID-19 cases is an example of how a small gathering can become a superspreader of the illness.

The nuptials and reception took place in rural Millinocket on August 7. A state health inspector found that the 62 guests mingled, danced, and dined for hours. They had their temperatures checked, but few wore masks or practiced physical distancing.

As of September 17, health authorities had identified more than 170 cases connected to that wedding.

Eight people have now died.

Just about every member of my family I ever cared about is dead. Just about every one of them died between thanksgiving an new years. The holidays are a nightmare of bad memories and dread for me. It's great I do not have to feel guilty about not attending the rest of my family's gorgefest/prayer meeting/alcohol free football party 400 miles away this year.
Stop interfering with peoples happiness. When new people come here, they get to celebrate also. To many Thanksgiving is just that. From the nastiness where they came from. People like you are spoiled. Don;t let you unhappiness encroach on others. These days works for people. Instead some Prog azzes started their crap with the corporations and have attempted to destroy or rewrite two holidays. The progs already have done a partial on Columbus Day. And years ago they took two great presidents Holidays and turned it into one so as to put MLK in.

The progs already have done a partial on Columbus Day. And years ago they took two great presidents Holidays and turned it into one so as to put MLK in.
Actually Lincolns birthday presented a problem. Many southern states didn't exactly want to celebrate Abraham Lincoln, and many actually ignored the federal holiday.
They combined Lincoln and Washington, which southern states agreed to.

Americans die by the hundreds of thousands each year from heart disease ... we could cut those down significantly by banning meat and fatty foods.

Americans die by the tens of thousands in auto accidents ... we could cut those down significantly by banning private cars and setting a national speed limit of 20 MPH.

There are many things we can do to prolong life (we can't prevent deaths) ... mandatory exercise, a compulsory bed time, or a prohibition against walking on wet floors.

Is that the kind of country in which you'd like to live?

it's pretty sad, I keep hearing celebrate with your household only. And I'm sure the local diner's traditional free Thanksgiving meal, buffet style, will be cancelled.

Well, it's only one year. Next year will be better.

Forum List

Back