That Rainbow Whitehouse Light Display Took How Many Days To Set Up?

Equally as offensive as if a cross was projected upon LGBT 5-4 loss?

• Yes.

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
This just in, Google being our occasional friend (that you don't turn your back on): The White House lights are indeed LEDs, donated by a company called Musco, who also have lit up the Washington Monument and Mount Rushmore (here).

You guys remember LED lights? Those nasty commie things the big bad eebil gummint is forcing down our throats while they "ban" incandescents that run so much cooler, last longer and take a fraction of the power consumption?
The issue was CFLs, not LEDs. LEDS were not a viable option then and CFLs had a bunch of problems, slow to illuminate, dim in cold weather, weren't dimable and had a waste disposal problem. It was government over reach, as usual. Now that LEDs are cheap, dimable, produce no appreciable heat and are very energy efficient people are buying them. Technology and the marketplace is the answer not government. Hating all things conservative is a poor substitute for knowledge.

That was dripping sarcasm for the benefit of cretins who think it takes a fucking week to change a spotlight gel. Wasn't supposed to be a treatise on lighting technology. I know there wasn't a "ban" either. It's simple mocking sarcasm.

Even this has to be explained... :banghead:

This just in, Google being our occasional friend (that you don't turn your back on): The White House lights are indeed LEDs, donated by a company called Musco, who also have lit up the Washington Monument and Mount Rushmore (here).

You guys remember LED lights? Those nasty commie things the big bad eebil gummint is forcing down our throats while they "ban" incandescents that run so much cooler, last longer and take a fraction of the power consumption?
The issue was CFLs, not LEDs. LEDS were not a viable option then and CFLs had a bunch of problems, slow to illuminate, dim in cold weather, weren't dimable and had a waste disposal problem. It was government over reach, as usual. Now that LEDs are cheap, dimable, produce no appreciable heat and are very energy efficient people are buying them. Technology and the marketplace is the answer not government. Hating all things conservative is a poor substitute for knowledge.

That was dripping sarcasm for the benefit of cretins who think it takes a fucking week to change a spotlight gel. Wasn't supposed to be a treatise on lighting technology. I know there wasn't a "ban" either. It's simple mocking sarcasm.

what are you trying to say?

No cost to taxpayers: Valerie Jarrett Organized White House Rainbow Lights - Breitbart
"According to the Washington Post, Jarrett worked with gay rights organizations to pay for the display to avoid using taxpayer money. The idea came from one of Jarrett’s aides who was also the LGBT liaison in the White House."

And closest "timeline" I can find: For Obama rainbow White House was a moment worth savoring - The Washington Post
"Aditi Hardikar, the LGBT liaison in the White House Office of Public Engagement, first floated the idea of lighting up the residence a few weeks ago, and White House senior advisers Valerie Jarrett and Tina Tchen worked with outside groups to pull off the move."

Read through this, seems to be some seriously passionate opinions on both sides of this discussion.
I dont think it was appropriate to use the white house in that manner.
that being said, why all of this hate for gays? Im a Bible clutching gun owning far right conservative. Im straight.
but I will be damned if Im going to give someone a load of crap over their being gay. I dont care. I cant think of one time in my 50+ years on this earth that my life has been affected in a negative way because of a gay person. Actually, I went through some rough times a few years back and the only people that stepped in and went out of their way to help were my lesbian friends. Imagine that.
I do however have to wonder what the hell is going through someones mind when they go for the anal sex... I aint putting my tool into anything that has a chance of it coming back out with a butterbean stuck to the end of it.
but then, Ive never been approached by a gay to engage in such activities. ( should I be offended )?

Well said!!! Thank you!

I think Sil is trying to say you are a liberal, gay troll. lol

Be careful, if you ever wear a Gold's Gym shirt or a thin watch, she will be sure of it.

I think Sil is trying to say you are a liberal, gay troll. lol

Be careful, if you ever wear a Gold's Gym shirt or a thin watch, she will be sure of it.
Is Sil cute and does she like to have sex with gay guys?
I can be celibate gay for a day.

How about that? the Homosexuals PAID to have YOUR white house lit up for their cause.

"According to the Washington Post, Jarrett worked with gay rights organizations to pay for the display to avoid using taxpayer money. The idea came from one of Jarrett’s aides who was also the LGBT liaison in the White House."

IN YOUR face all the way

so go ahead, VOTE for these pukes in 2016 for more of this disgusting crap in your face

How about that? the Homosexuals PAID to have YOUR white house lit up for their cause.

IN YOUR face all the way

so go ahead, VOTE for these pukes in 2016 for more of this disgusting crap in your face
thats why I said I dont agree with the white house being lit like that. it has the effect of alienating a large segment of the population.
I think the white house should be neutral in situations like this.

What were you expecting from a LGBT liaison at the White House? To /not/ celebrate the momentous decision? The White House celebrates lots of things, almost always the idea of some liaison.

IN YOUR face all the way

Soooooooo if the taxpayer paid for gels, that's wrong;
on the other hand if somebody else paid for the gels, that's wrong.

Thanks for clearing up that fine line of distinction, Steph. You're like a joke of the day. Never disappoints.

IN YOUR face all the way

Poor Stephanie....she's crying over this display not costing the tax payers' money.

IN YOUR face all the way

thats why I said I dont agree with the white house being lit like that. it has the effect of alienating a large segment of the population.

"Neutral" was what it was before the ruling.
Some wags here don't seem to understand what a Supreme Court ruling is. It's the law of the land now. That means there are no more "sides". You don't keep playing after the ball game's over.

IN YOUR face all the way

You would have thought so. but not with this PUKE Obama and his Fascist bunch. the more they can shove in our face the better they feel. I heard Obama say, it was SO COOL
I think the KKK should petition to pay for lighting it up. think they'd go for that one?

What were you expecting from a LGBT liaison at the White House? To /not/ celebrate the momentous decision? The White House celebrates lots of things, almost always the idea of some liaison.

good first I ever heard of LIGHTING up for something besides 911 maybe. but We'll keep that in mind. Maybe get the KKK in there to petition for it

or let it scream this

The White House has hosted thousands of prayer groups, is that also to be banned since rainbow lighting is now "wrong"?

Shall we stop celebrating the birth of Christ on the lawn every year, how about the white house easter egg hunt?

good first I ever heard of LIGHTING up for something besides 911 maybe. but We'll keep that in mind. Maybe get the KKK in there to petition for it

or let it scream this

What exactly is your hangup with the KKK?
Because they have a track record of killing black people? Is that it?

butthurt-butthurt-everywhere.jpg

The White House has hosted thousands of prayer groups, is that also to be banned since rainbow lighting is now "wrong"?

Shall we stop celebrating the birth of Christ on the lawn every year, how about the white house easter egg hunt?

Indeed. Isn't the National Christmas Tree lighting an "in your face" to Jews, Muslims, Shintoists and the International Society of Aboriculture?

IN YOUR face all the way

You would have thought so. but not with this PUKE Obama and his Fascist bunch. the more they can shove in our face the better they feel. I heard Obama say, it was SO COOL
I think the KKK should petition to pay for lighting it up. think they'd go for that one?
you have to understand that this ruling allows obama and his man beast micheal to come out of the closet and admit that he is a transvestite.

IN YOUR face all the way

you have to understand that this ruling allows obama and his man beast micheal to come out of the closet and admit that he is a transvestite.

oh my. that cracked me up...

Forum List

Back