That Rainbow Whitehouse Light Display Took How Many Days To Set Up?

Equally as offensive as if a cross was projected upon LGBT 5-4 loss?

• Yes.

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
We want no whining when a Republican is President and we the people demand they light it up with this.

Of course Obama didn't EVEN ask you the people, did he? He thinks it's HIS WHITE HOUSE and all you people out there can go to hell

We want no whining when a Republican is President and we the people demand they light it up with this.

Of course Obama didn't EVEN ask you the people, did he? He thinks it's HIS WHITE HOUSE and all you people out there can go to hell
That would be a great GOP platform.

I agree with your statement here, except it isn't his house it is America's house, just on loan through each President's term. It is a house of -all- US citizens.
Homonazis are not good people. People advocating fascist defacing of American landmarks are not good people. It's like swastika graffiti.

I tend to actually agree with you to an extent. I wish the President hadn't authorized such a display. It's not sick, perverted, twisted, or anything major. It's something that I'd rather not had happened to the house. Again, it's his house so he can do what he wants. Don't like it; win an election.

Also, I apologize for the comment I made earlier. "I'm an american, I'm not offended". It may have come off as insensitive. Probably because it was. I should have just stated that if you're offended by the color of lights hitting a house, you need to toughen yourself up a bit.

Of course it is but, historically, it is the purview of the first family to decorate it, accessorize it the way they want. Eisenhower had a golf course installed. Other Presidents have had bowling allies installed, swimming pools, theaters; Michelle famously had a garden.
Privately, sure. But obama didn't just decorate the inside in homo colors. Neighborhoods have zoning laws that prevent over-the-top and disturbing displays. Obama violated the country's zoning laws.

The country has zoning laws?

Ya know, you remind me of something my 7th grade teacher told us. "It's better to have the world think you are a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
I was being figurative. I'll have to remember to avoid creativity when responding to you.

The homo agenda that those colors represent is fascist. The decree by the SCOTUS forcing everyone to subsidize personal irrelevant behavior is a fascist decree. Lighting an American people's landmark with a fascist symbol is advocating for fascism. It's not free speech. It's the equivalent of establishing a state religion.

Utter rubbish. I'm surprised you crammed so much crap into just a few sentences.
Then explain how so. I gave specifics.

Nobody is forcing you to do anything; you're acting like a damn fool all on your own.
As for establishment of a religion, that was an especially stupid comment.
Tax breaks and adoption privileges are coercion. Gov-mandated coercion. That is what legal marriage does.

Gee, you mean that Elizabeth Taylor and and Richard Burton were coercing me? Who knew?
If they're marriage was recognized by the US then, yes. But they could procreate which makes the tax breaks legit. Homos can't so it should be moot. But now the coercion forr no reason.

I truly hope that the next Republican President does exactly that.

What a better way could Republicans encourage African Americans to vote Democrat?

Utter rubbish. I'm surprised you crammed so much crap into just a few sentences.
Then explain how so. I gave specifics.

Nobody is forcing you to do anything; you're acting like a damn fool all on your own.
As for establishment of a religion, that was an especially stupid comment.
Tax breaks and adoption privileges are coercion. Gov-mandated coercion. That is what legal marriage does.

Gee, you mean that Elizabeth Taylor and and Richard Burton were coercing me? Who knew?
If they're marriage was recognized by the US then, yes. But they could procreate which makes the tax breaks legit. Homos can't so it should be moot. But now the coercion forr no reason.

Still waiting for your explanation of how adoption privilages are 'coercion'.

Tell us more about the coercion related to children abandoned by their biological parents.

Rainbow%20Whitehouse%20display_zpslfhatdh4.jpg

Well the big middle finger to more than half the country was a very fancy and huge rainbow light display on our public Whitehouse. The electricity to run it was paid for by taxpayers, all of us. But you have to admit, it was big, the colors quite perfectly aligned. Quite a fancy display indeed.

The trouble is, the equivalent would have been if the cult of LGBT lost 5-4 and instead of a rainbow, we had a huge Christian cross projected on the Whitehouse instead. Think the LGBT folks would have had nothing to say about that?... :cranky:

But what's more disturbing about that perfect and large light display is the timing. I doubt it was set up in three days. But maybe it was. Anyone see it being set up before that? Do we have a Whitehouse log of when those workers appeared, when they set it up? I'm interested in the dates..

Because if it was being set up before Friday, that means the outcome of the case was known or likely to have been known by the people involved. One would assume that would include President Obama.

Uh ya, a religious symbol on the White House and color scheme indicating support for LGBT allowed to serve openly in the military but not get married in every state in the union is roughly the same issue.

Another thread about GOP butthurt. Great
No, it's about Americans being insulted.
Speak for yourself, good people are not insulted by this.
Homonazis are not good people. People advocating fascist defacing of American landmarks are not good people. It's like swastika graffiti.

I tend to actually agree with you to an extent. I wish the President hadn't authorized such a display. It's not sick, perverted, twisted, or anything major. It's something that I'd rather not had happened to the house. Again, it's his house so he can do what he wants. Don't like it; win an election.

Also, I apologize for the comment I made earlier. "I'm an american, I'm not offended". It may have come off as insensitive. Probably because it was. I should have just stated that if you're offended by the color of lights hitting a house, you need to toughen yourself up a bit.
The display was divisive and it's not his house.
It's the people's house. He rents, we're the landlords.
He knew it would disturb at least as many people as it would encourage and that is selfish and rude. For him it was just more divisive political opportunity.
He really burned your butt, didn't he? Good.

Somebody posted a story saying the queer bars are closing down now that on the down-low anal sodomy and the resulting AIDS have become ho-hum to the American public. :lol:
I'm sure that's something you think about......a lot.

No, it's about Americans being insulted.

He knew it would disturb at least as many people as it would encourage and that is selfish and rude. For him it was just more divisive political opportunity.
No more than a Westboro Baptist Church demonstration. Except imagine Westboro using the White House for their display. But apparently partisanship is more important to you than courtesy or protocol.

You're right, they cost a lot more money.

Golf and bowling are as American as apple pie....anal sodomy is something else entirely....not American.

Golf was invented in Scottland. Bowling, I believe, in Egypt. Anal sodomy...well most places in the South have laws against it. You tell me; why have laws against it unless it was taking place?

No more than a Westboro Baptist Church demonstration. Except imagine Westboro using the White House for their display. But apparently partisanship is more important to you than courtesy or protocol.

"Partisanship" no longer applies. It's the law of the land now. Done deal. Finito. The End. Waiter, check please. Ain't no "sides" left.

Suppose it was 1964, the Civil Rights Act had just been passed, and the White House projected an image of a black hand and a white hand coming together....

The lights were an "in yo face !" nose-thumbing from Obama to the 40% who disagree with Gay marriage.
I agree....and it was delightful....absolutely delightful. :rofl: :rofl:

And the sanctimonious liberals wonder why there are those who hate liberals. What a fuking waste of tax payer' money.

Ummm... how much do you think a set of spotlight gels costs??

(Hell, I've got a stack of 'em right here. What am I bid?)

That is, if anybody paid for them at all -- the lights themselves were free... I suspect the lighting company included a set of gels for various occasions.

Ummm... how much do you think a set of spotlight gels costs??

(Hell, I've got a stack of 'em right here. What am I bid?)

That is, if anybody paid for them at all -- the lights themselves were free... I suspect the lighting company included a set of gels for various occasions.
And the electricity to run them was free too?

Hey, has anyone found out when this display was set up and tested? Looking for Whitehouse logs showing this happened before June 26, 2015..

Forum List

Back