That Rainbow Whitehouse Light Display Took How Many Days To Set Up?

Equally as offensive as if a cross was projected upon LGBT 5-4 loss?

• Yes.

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Rainbow%20Whitehouse%20display_zpslfhatdh4.jpg

Well the big middle finger to more than half the country was a very fancy and huge rainbow light display on our public Whitehouse. The electricity to run it was paid for by taxpayers, all of us. But you have to admit, it was big, the colors quite perfectly aligned. Quite a fancy display indeed.

The trouble is, the equivalent would have been if the cult of LGBT lost 5-4 and instead of a rainbow, we had a huge Christian cross projected on the Whitehouse instead. Think the LGBT folks would have had nothing to say about that?... :cranky:

But what's more disturbing about that perfect and large light display is the timing. I doubt it was set up in three days. But maybe it was. Anyone see it being set up before that? Do we have a Whitehouse log of when those workers appeared, when they set it up? I'm interested in the dates..

Because if it was being set up before Friday, that means the outcome of the case was known or likely to have been known by the people involved. One would assume that would include President Obama.

That was just another disgusting display of 'in your face' you lousy Christians by the asshole in the White House.
He is a Christian, dummy.

He told you that and you believe him. That makes you the dummy. I would give him another Lie of the Year award.
You aren't very bright, are you.

I know better than to believe a proven liar. That makes me a lot brighter than you.

How the Hell do you figure the opposite of a rainbow is a cross? :cuckoo:

You must not have experience setting up staging. That effect can easily be set up in a day.
It's a cool effect, sure beats white. They should keep it permanently.

Because the majority of people opposed to gay marriage are Christians or Christian sympathetic.

The Whitehouse logs will tell us when the people setting up the display arrived and set it up. I know someone will find that out in the near future.

Ah, so you're telling us that Christians are bigots?
Sounds like a blanket statement to me, but OK you run with that.

As regards the lighting, it's already been pointed out that the floodlights are already permanently installed and this effect is a simple matter of changing the gels.

560_49c0ec80e3079.jpg

Have any idea how easy it is to do that? You can have your lighting/electrical guy do it in the course of his daily maintenance. It takes literally minutes.
Hopefully they use LEDs at the White House. No gels required. Just push a few buttons and make the lights any color you please.

This just in, Google being our occasional friend (that you don't turn your back on): The White House lights are indeed LEDs, donated by a company called Musco, who also have lit up the Washington Monument and Mount Rushmore (here).

You guys remember LED lights? Those nasty commie things the big bad eebil gummint is forcing down our throats while they "ban" incandescents that run so much cooler, last longer and take a fraction of the power consumption?

>> Musco Lighting, based out of Oskaloosa since 1975, is known for its sports lighting and has worked on other major landmarks and events such as Mount Rushmore and several Olympic Games.

For Friday, Jason Van Wyk, a public relations officer for the company, said White House electricians likely inserted gels over the lighting fixtures.

"We believe that is what they did for the rainbow effect," Van Wyk said.

The lights at the White House are LED and are used for energy-efficiency and minimizing glare. << --- Des Moines Register
Know how long it takes to change a gel?
About 30 seconds, if you're really slow.
I mean hell, the lights are even sitting conveniently at ground level. You don't even need a lift.

Last edited:
Another thread about GOP butthurt. Great
No, it's about Americans being insulted.
Speak for yourself, good people are not insulted by this.
Homonazis are not good people. People advocating fascist defacing of American landmarks are not good people. It's like swastika graffiti.
You were really desperate for a reply, it has nothing to do with what I said.
You framed people who accept fascist defacing of American landmarks as good people. I disagreed.

The trouble is, the equivalent would have been if the cult of LGBT lost 5-4 and instead of a rainbow, we had a huge Christian cross projected on the Whitehouse instead. Think the LGBT folks would have had nothing to say about that?... :cranky:.

And Day 5 of Silhouette's meltdown continues.....

Can't answer the question can you?
You noticed that the various role playing LGBT payroll bloggers use ad hominem in no little measure to avoid answering questions and deflect the topic into oblivion because of their fear of investigation into what they're all about? Me too.. :popcorn:

Gonna answer the question Syriusly?

Also, does anyone have those Whitehouse logs to show when that display started getting setup, tested for accuracy etc? Looking for dates before June 26, 2015.

Homonazis are not good people. People advocating fascist defacing of American landmarks are not good people. It's like swastika graffiti.

I tend to actually agree with you to an extent. I wish the President hadn't authorized such a display. It's not sick, perverted, twisted, or anything major. It's something that I'd rather not had happened to the house. Again, it's his house so he can do what he wants. Don't like it; win an election.

Also, I apologize for the comment I made earlier. "I'm an american, I'm not offended". It may have come off as insensitive. Probably because it was. I should have just stated that if you're offended by the color of lights hitting a house, you need to toughen yourself up a bit.
The display was divisive and it's not his house.
It's the people's house. He rents, we're the landlords.
He knew it would disturb at least as many people as it would encourage and that is selfish and rude. For him it was just more divisive political opportunity.

Yo......................hate to tell you Roshawn, but Obama isn't a fascist no matter how much FOX News tells you he is.

I actually spent the whole of my adult life (from 18 until I was 39) defending this country while serving in the U.S. Navy.

You may be an American, and you may be offended by the display of the White House being bathed in colors of the gay flag.

But...........it's not fascism, it's free speech.

And yeah................I spent my whole adult life defending it, whether it be your screed against the White House, or it being the White House's right to display their views.
The homo agenda that those colors represent is fascist. The decree by the SCOTUS forcing everyone to subsidize personal irrelevant behavior is a fascist decree. Lighting an American people's landmark with a fascist symbol is advocating for fascism. It's not free speech. It's the equivalent of establishing a state religion.

Utter rubbish. I'm surprised you crammed so much crap into just a few sentences.
Then explain how so. I gave specifics.

BTW, your stupid Fox news comment betrays your own bias. I think for myself.

Right......It's just coincidence that your opinion is always the same as what you hear on fox.
First off, most of those who rag on Fox don't watch so you'd have no idea of what you are suggesting. Secondly, thanks to MSM being dominated by institutional left wing dogma, I have to vet all news through a variety of sources including Fox news. At least I get more than just what lefties use to brainwash.

BTW, your stupid Fox news comment betrays your own bias. I think for myself.
Right......It's just coincidence that your opinion is always the same as what you hear on fox.
How do you know so much about what's on FOX?
I was on a gig in a lefty dominated neighborhood (and of course all of my band mates are hardcore lefties, too) and a well known left wing op-ed pundit and writer came into the club. She's written for USA Today, Daily Beast and several other rags so no doubt she's been read often by the people in this club. But not a single soul in the place besides me recognized her by her face because she appears regularly on Fox News.

I'm an American. I wasn't insulted.
If you can be offended by a light show, perhaps you're too sensitive.
If you can be offended by a historical flag, perhaps you are too sensitive too.
Could you imagine the uproar if the confederate flag had been displayed in lights on the White House.

I agree with your statement here, except it isn't his house it is America's house, just on loan through each President's term. It is a house of -all- US citizens.

I tend to actually agree with you to an extent. I wish the President hadn't authorized such a display. It's not sick, perverted, twisted, or anything major. It's something that I'd rather not had happened to the house. Again, it's his house so he can do what he wants. Don't like it; win an election.

Also, I apologize for the comment I made earlier. "I'm an american, I'm not offended". It may have come off as insensitive. Probably because it was. I should have just stated that if you're offended by the color of lights hitting a house, you need to toughen yourself up a bit.

Of course it is but, historically, it is the purview of the first family to decorate it, accessorize it the way they want. Eisenhower had a golf course installed. Other Presidents have had bowling allies installed, swimming pools, theaters; Michelle famously had a garden.

Yo......................hate to tell you Roshawn, but Obama isn't a fascist no matter how much FOX News tells you he is.

I actually spent the whole of my adult life (from 18 until I was 39) defending this country while serving in the U.S. Navy.

You may be an American, and you may be offended by the display of the White House being bathed in colors of the gay flag.

But...........it's not fascism, it's free speech.

And yeah................I spent my whole adult life defending it, whether it be your screed against the White House, or it being the White House's right to display their views.
The homo agenda that those colors represent is fascist. The decree by the SCOTUS forcing everyone to subsidize personal irrelevant behavior is a fascist decree. Lighting an American people's landmark with a fascist symbol is advocating for fascism. It's not free speech. It's the equivalent of establishing a state religion.

Utter rubbish. I'm surprised you crammed so much crap into just a few sentences.
Then explain how so. I gave specifics.

Nobody is forcing you to do anything; you're acting like a damn fool all on your own.
As for establishment of a religion, that was an especially stupid comment.

It doesn't seem far fetched to any nutjob that Michelle Obama is a man or that a man with a wife and 2 children must be a homosexual.

To any rational person- yeah pretty stupid.

I proved through accepted anatomy that Mooch is a man....the thread was dumped into Rubber Room and is still available if you have the sand to know the truth.

Of course it is but, historically, it is the purview of the first family to decorate it, accessorize it the way they want. Eisenhower had a golf course installed. Other Presidents have had bowling allies installed, swimming pools, theaters; Michelle famously had a garden.

A golf course and bowling alley are hardly comparable to throwing queer lights on OUR White House. As for Mooch's garden, that was a publicity stunt to launch her program of ruining school kid's lunches by making them eat veggies with no salt or butter. The vast majority of that produce ended up in the school dumpsters along with her program.

It doesn't seem far fetched to any nutjob that Michelle Obama is a man or that a man with a wife and 2 children must be a homosexual.

To any rational person- yeah pretty stupid.

I proved through accepted anatomy that Mooch is a man....the thread was dumped into Rubber Room and is still available if you have the sand to know the truth.

Yeah- there is a reason your 'proved' is in the rubber room.

Like I said- to any rational person- yeah pretty stupid.

A golf course and bowling alley are hardly comparable to throwing queer lights on OUR White House. As for Mooch's garden, that was a publicity stunt to launch her program of ruining school kid's lunches by making them eat veggies with no salt or butter. The vast majority of that produce ended up in the school dumpsters along with her program.

Your idiotic and moronic opinion is noted.

The trouble is, the equivalent would have been if the cult of LGBT lost 5-4 and instead of a rainbow, we had a huge Christian cross projected on the Whitehouse instead. Think the LGBT folks would have had nothing to say about that?... :cranky:.

And Day 5 of Silhouette's meltdown continues.....

Can't answer the question can you?
You noticed that the various role playing LGBT payroll bloggers use ad hominem in no little measure to avoid answering questions and deflect the topic into oblivion because of their fear of investigation into what they're all about? Me too.. :popcorn:

Gonna answer the question Syriusly?

I will answer it- Yes your homophobic meltdown continues- 4 threads started by you yesterday.......

I agree with your statement here, except it isn't his house it is America's house, just on loan through each President's term. It is a house of -all- US citizens.

Privately, sure. But obama didn't just decorate the inside in homo colors. Neighborhoods have zoning laws that prevent over-the-top and disturbing displays. Obama violated the country's zoning laws.

Forum List

Back