That was the Awfullest speech I've ever heard a Pres make

Last night's speech by Trump at his 100 Day Rally in Pennsylvania was truly stirring, but not in a good way. It was not only disappointing, it was frightening. As one CNN guest, a former governor, put it, "I feel like I need a shower."

Why was this one so bad, when I've watched so many others of his without feeling the need to growl at the television set like I did last night? It wasn't because I've lost my ability to listen to another's point of view. It wasn't that I've turned into a partisan froot loop who will automatically criticize everything the man says or does. It was because:

• During his rambling prelude, giving a 10 minute perfunctory slamming of the press, he wore the smug, self satisfied smirk of a bully safe in his position that would lead most parents to say "Wipe that smirk off your face or I'll wipe it off for you."

• He spent a great deal of time deftly conflating the genuine concerns about MS-13 with all illegal immigrants and then to frost the cake, he read that damned "The Snake."

• He did spend a few minutes talking about his accomplishments in the first 100 days, but then spent the rest of the speech giving the exact same campaign promises that he has not actually been able to take the first steps toward. Last I knew, ISIS is no more "on the run" than it was at the end of Obama's term. Economic growth this quarter was .7%. When he mentioned the Wall, it was to say "Don't worry--we'll have a Wall." How? Since you just took it off the spending bill because Congress won't fund it? Yadda, yadda, yadda. He's making us safe, making us prosperous, making us GREAT.
Tbh, what bothered me the most was the way the crowd was reacting with their chanting on demand at the end of each of his pronouncements like a brainwashed proletariat. I was reminded of watching the NK parade--everyone in the crowd chanting exactly what the Boss wants to hear. That was actually the creepiest, most frightening part, what we seem to be turning into.

That was not a president's speech. It was the ill tempered rant of a man who smugly feels he can get away with anything, and who continues to ignore or demean the 60% of the country that doesn't approve of the job he's doing. It was mostly an old recycled stump speech from his glory days of the campaign, when any hollow promise goes.

Very disappointing all around and like I said, it gave me the creeps.

Trump's entire speech on 100th day - CNN Video
You can look at those sycophants and see them drinking the Koolaid he's serving them. I never understood Jonestown; but watching this, I can see how shit like that can happen.
Yeah.....well fuck you......

hillary-stop.gif
Thanks, I take that as tacit agreement. :mm:
Nope. I just gave the post the kind of response it deserved.

Last night's speech by Trump at his 100 Day Rally in Pennsylvania was truly stirring, but not in a good way. It was not only disappointing, it was frightening. As one CNN guest, a former governor, put it, "I feel like I need a shower."

Why was this one so bad, when I've watched so many others of his without feeling the need to growl at the television set like I did last night? It wasn't because I've lost my ability to listen to another's point of view. It wasn't that I've turned into a partisan froot loop who will automatically criticize everything the man says or does. It was because:

• During his rambling prelude, giving a 10 minute perfunctory slamming of the press, he wore the smug, self satisfied smirk of a bully safe in his position that would lead most parents to say "Wipe that smirk off your face or I'll wipe it off for you."

• He spent a great deal of time deftly conflating the genuine concerns about MS-13 with all illegal immigrants and then to frost the cake, he read that damned "The Snake."

• He did spend a few minutes talking about his accomplishments in the first 100 days, but then spent the rest of the speech giving the exact same campaign promises that he has not actually been able to take the first steps toward. Last I knew, ISIS is no more "on the run" than it was at the end of Obama's term. Economic growth this quarter was .7%. When he mentioned the Wall, it was to say "Don't worry--we'll have a Wall." How? Since you just took it off the spending bill because Congress won't fund it? Yadda, yadda, yadda. He's making us safe, making us prosperous, making us GREAT.
Tbh, what bothered me the most was the way the crowd was reacting with their chanting on demand at the end of each of his pronouncements like a brainwashed proletariat. I was reminded of watching the NK parade--everyone in the crowd chanting exactly what the Boss wants to hear. That was actually the creepiest, most frightening part, what we seem to be turning into.

That was not a president's speech. It was the ill tempered rant of a man who smugly feels he can get away with anything, and who continues to ignore or demean the 60% of the country that doesn't approve of the job he's doing. It was mostly an old recycled stump speech from his glory days of the campaign, when any hollow promise goes.

Every single Hillary voter: "That was the awfullest speech I have ever heard.

Every single Trump voter: " That was a great speech!

ZZZZZZzzzzzz......
Sorry to disappoint.

I have thought the same of a Trump supporter The outright glee that they force themselves to be in the face of failure. You're right just like what North Koreans are required do for their leader Kim Jun Un. Like robots--they're going to support their leader no matter what. And agreed it is very scary. The mentality of that is astounding, and it's still astounding.

A Trump supporter lives in a world all their own. They are people that need to continually be told what to do. They're well below par on a rational thinking process & do not possess pragmatic thought. It's easier to not think, and let someone else do the thinking for them. They believe they've elected John Wayne. And it's very clear that the majority of this nation, nor the congress of this country have any such opinion of him. Here is a great article on this.
A neuroscientist explains what may be wrong with Trump supporters’ brains

They certainly were not attracted to him by any of the debates because of knowledge or experience. There wasn't one single debate he won, including with Hillary Clinton. If they tell you that, they're lying through their teeth. They were attracted to the bombastic--the insults, the offensive remarks.

This is what they were attracted to. This is what sent a thrill up their legs.

20160119_120304_trumptoon06.jpg

He was delivering to them everything they wanted to hear--without them never questioning once, how he intended to accomplish all of his campaign rhetoric. "Just believe me--I alone--can do this." "I know more than our Generals do." "I know people that know more than the CIA, the FBI, the Department of Homeland Security and 14 other intelligence agencies and I'll get back to you on this next week." They believed everything he was telling them, no matter how implausible it was. It was an astounding Phenomena, especially coming from American citizens, whom normally question everything.

Even Trump remarked about this phenomena in this statement.

"Donald Trump boasted Saturday that support for his presidential campaign would not decline even if he shot someone in the middle of a crowded street.
"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters," Trump said at a campaign rally here."

Donald Trump could 'shoot somebody and not lose voters' - CNNPolitics.com

He's right he could have shot someone down on 5th Avenue in New York City in cold blood and for no dam reason and he wouldn't have lost a single supporter. Clearly this rally shows that this mentality is still rock solid. And that is what is very scary.

1455896500963-trump_stupid_people.jpg

Even Republicans were very frustrated with this mentality during the primary. Here is a great article--funny but soooo true.
All Along I Thought Trump Wasn’t a Conservative/Republican, But Now I Realize I’m Not

As another stated on this board--which is also 100% truth: "Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to teach algebra to a Chimpanzee."
Thanks, oreo. You put it much better than I could. You have hit the nail on the head. I love the campaign cartoon, too. LOL
Too bad....it was pure nonsense.

I guess all you guys need is for someone to relate to you exactly what Democrats like Chuck Schumer are doing and just say it's Trump doing it, and you automatically agree.

Reminds me of a thread I started last week. College kids were told what Obama did the first 100 days but instead were told it was Trump....of course they reacted negatively. They said the Stimulus was an illegal overreach and that the apology tour was nothing but the lies of a an evil racist. Then they were told the truth..it was really Obama's first 100 days.....and they slinked away or made excuses.:scared1:

I have thought the same of a Trump supporter The outright glee that they force themselves to be in the face of failure. You're right just like what North Koreans are required do for their leader Kim Jun Un. Like robots--they're going to support their leader no matter what. And agreed it is very scary. The mentality of that is astounding, and it's still astounding.

A Trump supporter lives in a world all their own. They are people that need to continually be told what to do. They're well below par on a rational thinking process & do not possess pragmatic thought. It's easier to not think, and let someone else do the thinking for them. They believe they've elected John Wayne. And it's very clear that the majority of this nation, nor the congress of this country have any such opinion of him. Here is a great article on this.

They certainly were not attracted to him by any of the debates because of knowledge or experience. There wasn't one single debate he won, including with Hillary Clinton. If they tell you that, they're lying through their teeth. They were attracted to the bombastic--the insults, the offensive remarks.

He was delivering to them everything they wanted to hear--without them never questioning once, how he intended to accomplish all of his campaign rhetoric. "Just believe me--I alone--can do this." "I know more than our Generals do." "I know people that know more than the CIA, the FBI, the Department of Homeland Security and 14 other intelligence agencies and I'll get back to you on this next week." They believed everything he was telling them, no matter how implausible it was. It was an astounding Phenomena, especially coming from American citizens, whom normally question everything.

"Donald Trump boasted Saturday that support for his presidential campaign would not decline even if he shot someone in the middle of a crowded street.
"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters," Trump said at a campaign rally here."

He's right he could have shot someone down on 5th Avenue in New York City in cold blood and for no dam reason and he wouldn't have lost a single supporter. Clearly this rally shows that this mentality is still rock solid. And that is what is very scary.

Even Republicans were very frustrated with this mentality during the primary. Here is a great article--funny but soooo true.
All Along I Thought Trump Wasn’t a Conservative/Republican, But Now I Realize I’m Not

As another stated on this board--which is also 100% truth: "Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is like trying to teach algebra to a Chimpanzee."
Thanks, oreo. You put it much better than I could. You have hit the nail on the head. I love the campaign cartoon, too. LOL

I guess all you guys need is for someone to relate to you exactly what Democrats like Chuck Schumer are doing and just say it's Trump doing it, and you automatically agree.

Reminds me of a thread I started last week. College kids were told what Obama did the first 100 days but instead were told it was Trump....of course they reacted negatively. They said the Stimulus was an illegal overreach and that the apology tour was nothing but the lies of a an evil racist. Then they were told the truth..it was really Obama's first 100 days.....and they slinked away or made excuses.:scared1:
I can't speak for Oreo, but I was troubled by that speech and not because he is a Republican. He let us all down, including anyone who supports him. He will not get the rest of the country on his side like this. He is further slamming a large group of illegal immigrants who have never hurt a flea, conflating them with dangerous gang members like MS-13.

His supporters at that rally were acting like a large crowd of brainwashed bots who could be moved to do anything on his command. Tear the reporters in the back of the room to shreds? Sure, why not? That's exaggeration, but it's what it put me in mind of. It is nothing to be proud of. You're too partisan to understand that some of us actually aren't. You can't seem to imagine it. Why is that?

Trump needs to realize he is now President

His 100 day speech should have been a declaration of what he achieved and what he still has planned for the future

Instead, Trump chose to use it as an excuse to attack the press, identify his enemies and pander to his base

He hasn't actually achieved anything yet, that's the problem. He's using North Korea to deflect attention away from this fact.

today he blamed the U.S. Constitution for his failures--sta
I heard him do that. I thought, "Are you 'effing' kidding me? Did he seriously offer the "toughness" of our system of governance as a reason why he's gotten so very little accomplished?" Not that it's hard to believe he did, for his "govern by fiat" style would be far happier in a monarchy.

I guess he didn't realize that "president" and "king/emperor" are not synonymous. I'll just have to chalk that up to being yet one more thing the man didn't know before running for POTUS and being inaugurated as such.

He's now admitted that he's not qualified to be Precedent and that nobody knew that it would be such a hard job.
He's also admitted that he was making promises during the campaign without knowing anything about whatever he was making the promises about...and now that he's found out some stuff he won't be able to keep a lot of those promises.
He still won't lose any support.

Cute try!

LOL

Obama never whined about how hard the job is. He manned up and got the job done. It's time for Trump to put his big boy pants and try leading this nation instead of crying on Twitter.

1. Obama never complained? Don't you remember him whining about how he had to do everything outside the system, how "this messy Democracy" kept getting in his way, or about all of those damned clingers kept hanging onto their silly religion?
  2. What job did Obama do? Was his job to create division? Was it to organize protestors to prevent freedom of speech? Or was it to bring as many criminals here as possible? Maybe Obama felt that relaxing our defenses and erasing our ability to fight domestic terrorism was his job? Then bring 100s of thousands of assholes here who hate America. That was Obama's job, right? Well, I think he got the job done.
  3. Trump is leading this nation, despite the fact that most of the press and the Washington establishment is having be dragged kicking and screaming along the way.

I heard him do that. I thought, "Are you 'effing' kidding me? Did he seriously offer the "toughness" of our system of governance as a reason why he's gotten so very little accomplished?" Not that it's hard to believe he did, for his "govern by fiat" style would be far happier in a monarchy.

I guess he didn't realize that "president" and "king/emperor" are not synonymous. I'll just have to chalk that up to being yet one more thing the man didn't know before running for POTUS and being inaugurated as such.
Don't you think he's just a 70 year old businessman who has always been boss of his own empire? We learned this bitter lesson when we elected a businessman as governor. The skill set for successful businessman and political leader are not the same. Mainers knew that and primaried for Cruz and Sanders. But when the Republicans had no choice, half the state when for Trump.
LePage himself has shown many of the same traits--complete impatience with the system of governance, hostility toward the press for reporting his racist remarks verbatim, and utter inability to deal with the legislature.
In short, a long tantrum.

Trump needs to realize he is now President

His 100 day speech should have been a declaration of what he achieved and what he still has planned for the future

Instead, Trump chose to use it as an excuse to attack the press, identify his enemies and pander to his base

He hasn't actually achieved anything yet, that's the problem. He's using North Korea to deflect attention away from this fact.

Doesn't matter

Trump could have used the occasion to explain what was being done on the wall, pitch Trumpcare, talk about tax reform

Instead, he used it to attack his enemies, do another victory lap, whine about how unfair the press is. Trump is President Snowflake

There has never been a President in this nations history that had so many failures in is 1st 100 days and started up 3 Russian investigations all at the same time.

While you may not have "liked" the stiimulus bill--Obama achieved it, (something he campaigned on) and that's something Trump has been incapable of doing.

Especially after listening to "I am going to repeal & replace Obamacare" 10K times. "I am going to build a WALL--and I am going to deport every illegal in this country which he flipflopped on. There are no accomplishments only a list of failures, scandals & flipflops.

Last edited:

Don't you think he's just a 70 year old businessman who has always been boss of his own empire? We learned this bitter lesson when we elected a businessman as governor. The skill set for successful businessman and political leader are not the same. Mainers knew that and primaried for Cruz and Sanders. But when the Republicans had no choice, half the state when for Trump.
LePage himself has shown many of the same traits--complete impatience with the system of governance, hostility toward the press for reporting his racist remarks verbatim, and utter inability to deal with the legislature.
In short, a long tantrum.
Don't you think he's just a 70 year old businessman who has always been boss of his own empire?

I know for a fact those things are so of Trump. There's nothing wrong with that. Indeed, being that can be and lead to all sorts of good and useful things. The problem is that that's all Trump is, and that is only problem because he ran for and became POTUS, and, as you noted, there is neither 100% overlap nor inherent transference of the skills t6hat make for a successful enough businessperson and those needed to be a successful public policy maker and public governance leader.

Though not every "70-year-old businessman who's been boss of his own empire" lacks the ability and skills to overcome the lacunae between the two, Trump does. That he does and convinced enough people that he does not, thus he is POTUS, is the problem, and, sadly, it's not just his problem, it's ours and the rest of the word's too.

There has never been a President in this nations history that had so many failures in is 1st 100 days and started up 3 Russian investigations all at the same time.

While you may not have "liked" the stiimulus bill--Obama achieved it, (something he campaigned on) and that's something Trump has been incapable of doing.

Especially after listening to "I am going to repeal & replace Obamacare" 10K times. "I am going to build a WALL--and I am going to deport every illegal in this country which he flipflopped on. There are no accomplishments only a list of failures, scandals & flipflops.
That's bullshit.....especially when he gets it done later. He's not gonna stop trying.

FYI, first president since Nixon to get China to cooperate.

You can look at those sycophants and see them drinking the Koolaid he's serving them. I never understood Jonestown; but watching this, I can see how shit like that can happen.
Yeah.....well fuck you......

hillary-stop.gif
Thanks, I take that as tacit agreement. :mm:
Nope. I just gave the post the kind of response it deserved.
When you can't refute a post and offer nothing but invective in lieu of argument, the only logical conclusion is that you agree the other poster is dead on accurate but you're too frustrated to admit it out loud.

He's now admitted that he's not qualified to be Precedent and that nobody knew that it would be such a hard job.
He's also admitted that he was making promises during the campaign without knowing anything about whatever he was making the promises about...and now that he's found out some stuff he won't be able to keep a lot of those promises.
He still won't lose any support.

Cute try!

LOL

Obama never whined about how hard the job is. He manned up and got the job done. It's time for Trump to put his big boy pants and try leading this nation instead of crying on Twitter.

1. Obama never complained? Don't you remember him whining about how he had to do everything outside the system, how "this messy Democracy" kept getting in his way, or about all of those damned clingers kept hanging onto their silly religion?
  2. What job did Obama do? Was his job to create division? Was it to organize protestors to prevent freedom of speech? Or was it to bring as many criminals here as possible? Maybe Obama felt that relaxing our defenses and erasing our ability to fight domestic terrorism was his job? Then bring 100s of thousands of assholes here who hate America. That was Obama's job, right? Well, I think he got the job done.
  3. Trump is leading this nation, despite the fact that most of the press and the Washington establishment is having be dragged kicking and screaming along the way.

He never complained the job was too tough. He just did it. And Trump is not leading. He's accomplishing little and most of what he is doing, is what he hypocritically chastised Obama for doing. Like signing executive orders, playing golf, spending too much tax payers money for traveling, etc...

Well, we've strayed from the starting premise here, but after 15 pages, I suppose that happens.
There is nothing inherently wrong with conservative thought or trying those policies. There is nothing wrong with a lot of things Trump is doing--enforcing existing immigration laws, trying to streamline government bureaucracy, etc. etc. Obamacare does need CPR, as well. Those are not my problem.
My problem is with the man's attitude and his focus on slamming rather than inviting people to participate in this great experiment of his. He is getting more hostile, and his supporters are putting me more and more in mind of the Weimar Republic in 1933. We're in trouble when every stupid lie the man makes is applauded and defended as holy pronouncement. He's just a reality tv star, folks, not the hero you think he is.

Tear the reporters in the back of the room to shreds? Sure, why not? That's exaggeration, but it's what it put me in mind of. It is nothing to be proud of. You're too partisan to understand that some of us actually aren't. You can't seem to imagine it. Why is that?
Wait, tear the reporters apart. Now that idea has legs.

You are a leftist, party or not but like a backpack can't see your own bias. You libs are like a broken record, repeating yourselves ad nauseum. You don't like Trump and I like the fact that you don't like Trump and you can't change it. Period.

Forum List

Back