The 1980's Have Called, with a warning.

As much as you people are blathering on and on about Russia now, I haven't seen one of you describe the policy we're supposed to pursue.

Naturally your cliche is non intervention. I am inclined to agree, but given that these people are being bullied by one of our supposed allies, we may wish to step in.

In 2012 during a presidential debate with Mitt Romney, Obama seemed to score points when stumping Mitt Romney on what was the bigger threat in the world (seen in the quote below). Mitt Romney contended Russia is the bigger threat to the world than Al-Qaeda. From then on, he was accused of "Cold War thinking." Then, it appeared certain he was wrong. But today, with Vladmir Putin ignoring flaccid warnings from Obama and invading Ukraine and blockading Crimea; it appears Romney words were not only right but eerily prophetic. Both Romney and Palin predicted this, and were brushed off.

"Governor Romney, I'm glad that you recognize that al-Qaeda's a threat because a few months ago when you were asked what's the biggest geo-political threat facing America, you said Russia. Not Al-Qaeda; you said, Russia.

And the 1980's are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because the Cold War has been over for twenty years."

The 1980's are now calling to deliver a warning. Don't let Russia reassert its previous dominance over what was the former Soviet Union.

Why not? What do you think that we should do?

You would much rather sit there while Russia re-annexes Ukraine. Its like a man with a stick of dynamite in one hand and a match in the other. He lights the match and someone like you says "why worry?"

Yeah, I would rather that we didn't try to get Ukraine into NATO and meddle in Russia's backyard in the first place. We should have come to an agreement with Russia to not meddle in each others affairs and align with each other against a common enemy. We should be friends with them and not adversaries. I would rather that Obama not talk the same shit that reagan did.
We have spent trillions of dollars on two wars, we need a fucking break from it. We need to encourage more DIPLOMACY instead of empty ultimatums that sound tough but really have no teeth in it. We need to clean up Our own house before we try to clean other people's houses.

Methinks you overstate he threat of Russia

Terrorism is a larger threat to the west than a Soviet controlled Ukraine

What's worse than a superpower bullying smaller countries into submission? Did we not learn that lesson when Germany annexed Poland in WWII?

We were just fine when Russia had control of Ukraine....................

How is that true? Why did it feel the need to declare it's independence from Russia in 1991 then?

In 2012 during a presidential debate with Mitt Romney, Obama seemed to score points when stumping Mitt Romney on what was the bigger threat in the world (seen in the quote below). Mitt Romney contended Russia is the bigger threat to the world than Al-Qaeda. From then on, he was accused of "Cold War thinking." Then, it appeared certain he was wrong. But today, with Vladmir Putin ignoring flaccid warnings from Obama and invading Ukraine and blockading Crimea; it appears Romney words were not only right but eerily prophetic. Both Romney and Palin predicted this, and were brushed off.

"Governor Romney, I'm glad that you recognize that al-Qaeda's a threat because a few months ago when you were asked what's the biggest geo-political threat facing America, you said Russia. Not Al-Qaeda; you said, Russia.

And the 1980's are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because the Cold War has been over for twenty years."

The 1980's are now calling to deliver a warning. Don't let Russia reassert its previous dominance over what was the former Soviet Union.

You would much rather sit there while Russia re-annexes Ukraine. Its like a man with a stick of dynamite in one hand and a match in the other. He lights the match and someone like you says "why worry?"
P.S. You never answered the question. :)

Does TK know what a Cold War is?

A Cold War is when two opposing countries, or a group of countries build up their arsenals and troop capability threatening war but never reaching that point. A military game of chicken if you will.

Yes I know what a Cold War is. Now you can address my thread intelligently.

Then why would you compare the threat of nuclear war in the 1980s to Russia's posturing today?

Don't you think you are being overly dramatic?

What's worse than a superpower bullying smaller countries into submission? Did we not learn that lesson when Germany annexed Poland in WWII?

How is that true? Why did it feel the need to declare it's independence from Russia in 1991 then?

We were fine, maybe you can point out why we weren't when Russia had control of Ukraine? Because they wanted to, what business of it is ours?

Yeah, I would rather that we didn't try to get Ukraine into NATO and meddle in Russia's backyard in the first place. We should have come to an agreement with Russia to not meddle in each others affairs and align with each other against a common enemy. We should be friends with them and not adversaries. I would rather that Obama not talk the same shit that reagan did.
We have spent trillions of dollars on two wars, we need a fucking break from it. We need to encourage more DIPLOMACY instead of empty ultimatums that sound tough but really have no teeth in it. We need to clean up Our own house before we try to clean other people's houses.

You do realize that Russia is violating the UN Charter by placing troops in Ukraine right?

Article 2 Paragraph 4 for example:

All Members shall refrain in their international relations from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of any state, or in any other manner inconsistent with the Purposes of the United Nations.

We were fine, maybe you can point out why we weren't when Russia had control of Ukraine? Because they wanted to, what business of it is ours?

Like I just pointed out, given that we signed this pointless UN Charter, we are obligated to act when one of our allies violates the political integrity or sovereign territory of another nation.

You do realize that Russia is violating the UN Charter by placing troops in Ukraine right?

All Members shall refrain in their international relations from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of any state, or in any other manner inconsistent with the Purposes of the United Nations.

Good, let the UN handle it and use other countries besides our as it's muscle.

I say intervene. We signed the UN Charter we should act in accordance with it. Let the chips fall where they may.

P.S. And what obligates me to answer your question the way you want me to?

Good, let the UN handle it and use other countries besides our as it's muscle.

Given that we founded the UN, that would be impossible. Remember, we were one of the five original signatories in 1945.

Last edited:

Like I just pointed out, given that we signed this pointless UN Charter, we are obligated to act when one of our allies violates the political integrity or sovereign territory of another nation.

Russia is our "ally"? We can act with intelligent diplomacy, we don't need to talk and and use ultimatums that can't be backed up.

Reagan armed Islamic terrorists in the 1980s? Was the warning titled "bin Laden Determined to Attack Inside the United States"? Bush Jr. ignored it, or Reagan's cabinet members hid it from him. Either way, fuck Republicans.

How do you want to handle Russia now if Reagan isn't here to sell weapons to al-Qaeda?

Does this drivel come with a decoder ring?

Russia is our "ally"? We can act with intelligent diplomacy, we don't need to talk and and use ultimatums that can't be backed up.

If one of your friends suddenly decides to start beating some random stranger on the street, what would you do? Issue ultimatums? Or say "it's none of my business?" Or would you much rather try to stop your friend from causing more injury?

As much as you people are blathering on and on about Russia now, I haven't seen one of you describe the policy we're supposed to pursue.

It consists entirely of looking at Obama and saying "Naah nanny boo boo". If you mean a real policy dont hold your breath. They dont do answers, they only do "anti"

I say intervene. We signed the UN Charter we should act in accordance with it. Let the chips fall where they may.

P.S. And what obligates me to answer your question the way you want me to?

Hopefully your opinion is in the minority. I didn't tell you how to answer the question, I just noted that you didn't answer it. Your solution would at best be a financial burden to our country as well as a diplomatic one.

Reagan armed Islamic terrorists in the 1980s? Was the warning titled "bin Laden Determined to Attack Inside the United States"? Bush Jr. ignored it, or Reagan's cabinet members hid it from him. Either way, fuck Republicans.

How do you want to handle Russia now if Reagan isn't here to sell weapons to al-Qaeda?

Your new name is stupid fuck, it fits you.

Tell me how you knew that the Mujahadeen would become Al Qaeda?

You didn't, you were probably what.....5 during Reagan's Presidency.

Just for you....

In the 80's Russia was raping Afghanistan.....we helped Afghanistan beat them...it was as close to glory as war can come...the truth is that there is no such thing as glory...war sucks.

But you see...a little punk ass bitch like you reads a few Lefty articles and thinks he/she is an expert...you aren't.....you are a silly little bitch with no historical understanding of anything.

I am betting you don't think we should haved dropped the bomb on Japan.

Forum List

Back