The 1980's Have Called, with a warning.

Hopefully, you're right. However, I couldn't help but noticing something you said.

You say "diplomacy is a burden." I thought you liberals favored diplomacy? The alternative is military action then, is it not?

Employ the "speak softly and carry a big stick" strategy.

I didn't say that "diplomacy is a burden." , I said that "Your solution would at best be a financial burden to our country as well as a diplomatic one.". I prefer diplomacy and a pretty much non-interventionist foreign policy. I think that Iraq was a dumb move and Afghanistan became stupid when they tried to "nation build" there as well. We should have just taken out our enemies and departed.

So, how is that any different from what I said? You listed two burdens, financial and diplomatic. The fact that you would see diplomacy as a type of burden is surprising.

I prefer a passive aggressive foreign policy. I also believe in keeping agreements. We are a member of the UN, and as such we should act, with or without other countries, to protect and help to preserve the sovereignty of a foreign nation. In the case of Ukraine, I would say scare the Russians off, get out and let Ukraine re-elect their own leaders and representatives nothing more.

LOL, this is what you and people like you do when you lose an argument; you start trying to take people out of context. It's quite obvious to anyone who can read, that I said that YOUR SOLUTION would at best be a financial burden to our country as well as a diplomatic one. Thanks for the laugh!

:lol:

Obama's secretary of state seems to think global warming is the greatest threat in the world.

We will be dealing with he effects of global warming long after this nonsense is forgotten

That's a totally unrelated question. Russia is not our friend and Ukraine is not some "random stranger" to Russia. If my friend had a good reason, I'd let him TCB. :)

And you were just lecturing me about evading questions? By inviting them to take part in the G-7 conference (now G-8), employing the "securing loose nukes" doctrine, and by admitting them to the UN Security Council, they became our ally, Pheonix.

LOL, just because Russia is part of the G8, does not mean that they are our ally! Is China our ally?
List of military alliances - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The US, Russia and China were three of the 5 signatories of the 1945 accord. We allied with Russia to defeat the Nazis. We also defended China from Japanese invasions. We broke off relations with Russia in the 1950's through 80's due to it's ties with Communism and the rise of the Cold War, and same with China. After the USSR collapsed we resumed ties with Russia. However, given our economic ties, it isn't our military alliances, but our economic ones.

So yes, they are our allies. We hold their economic fates in our hands, while they hold ours in theirs.

Last edited:
The two Western powers signed an agreement with Ukraine in 1994, which Kiev's parliament wants enforcing now. The Budapest Memorandum, signed by Bill Clinton, John Major, Boris Yeltsin and Leonid Kuchma – the then-rulers of the USA, UK, Russia and Ukraine – promises to uphold the territorial integrity of Ukraine, in return for Ukraine giving up its nuclear weapons.

Ukraine pleads for Britain and US to come to its rescue as Russia accused of 'invasion' - Telegraph

Stupid fucks, this is why we should help.

and we should

by sending in the UN. That is, after all, why we have it.

Nope.

If I am your friend and you are attacked I am stepping in.

That is what friends do.

This Nation has for too long made promises and not kept them, that must stop.

ukraine is not a friend.

we should have never involved ourselves with the rest of the world like this, b/c now, legally (it seems) we will have to send our people to die in yet another country.

I hope wilson and fdr are rotting in hell, screaming eternally for someone to put out the fire.

I didn't say that "diplomacy is a burden." , I said that "Your solution would at best be a financial burden to our country as well as a diplomatic one.". I prefer diplomacy and a pretty much non-interventionist foreign policy. I think that Iraq was a dumb move and Afghanistan became stupid when they tried to "nation build" there as well. We should have just taken out our enemies and departed.

So, how is that any different from what I said? You listed two burdens, financial and diplomatic. The fact that you would see diplomacy as a type of burden is surprising.

I prefer a passive aggressive foreign policy. I also believe in keeping agreements. We are a member of the UN, and as such we should act, with or without other countries, to protect and help to preserve the sovereignty of a foreign nation. In the case of Ukraine, I would say scare the Russians off, get out and let Ukraine re-elect their own leaders and representatives nothing more.

LOL, this is what you and people like you do when you lose an argument; you start trying to take people out of context. It's quite obvious to anyone who can read, that I said that YOUR SOLUTION would at best be a financial burden to our country as well as a diplomatic one. Thanks for the laugh!

How was this an argument? Paranoid much? Anyhow, you revealed your own views of diplomacy while criticizing my solution. You think diplomacy is a burden. We call that a Freudian Slip. It's quite obvious to anyone with any discernible debate skills.

Last edited:
I tried in High School. That's why I was taking ROTC. But then I developed some behavioral disorders, that after speaking with an Army recruiter, would disqualify me from enlisting.

But hey, just a friendly warning, you would be wise to refrain from lecturing me about my job situation.

Behavior?

Look, don't call for war if you won't or can't go. You don't know what you are asking people to do.

And never fucking threaten me boy.

I'm not threatening anyone. But you need to keep my job situation out of this thread. It's irrelevant.

I can call for war if I want, it's not that I don't want to go, I CAN'T go. The Army wouldn't even look at me. I've applied to the National Guard and inquired about enlisting in the Army. They both won't take me for lack of emotional stability. So, in essence I still do have the right to my opinions about war.

I live in a military family. Many generations before me have fought in a war, from WWI to the Gulf War. I know exactly what kind of sacrifice it entails. Don't think I'm ignorant of what the hells of war entail.

you want people to die in the ukraine just so we can keep russia in it's hole.

We seriously need to return to isolationism, it's clear mingling with other countries has turned out to be the bad idea our Founders knew it would be.

and we should

by sending in the UN. That is, after all, why we have it.

Nope.

If I am your friend and you are attacked I am stepping in.

That is what friends do.

This Nation has for too long made promises and not kept them, that must stop.

ukraine is not a friend.

we should have never involved ourselves with the rest of the world like this, b/c now, legally (it seems) we will have to send our people to die in yet another country.

I hope wilson and fdr are rotting in hell, screaming eternally for someone to put out the fire.

If I/you as an individual....or us/we as a Nation sign a piece of paper and give our word....we keep that word.

THAT is the REAL reason we should have marched in and destroyed Saddam....we gave our word to the Kurds.

That's why WE as a Nation should have manned up and fought to actually WIN in Nam.
We gave our word.

While glory may not be real....honor and integrity are.

I have already served.

I have two sons that understand what honor and integrity are...I fear for them....bt it is what it is.

I refuse to live in a theoretical world.

How was this an argument? Paranoid much? Anyhow, you revealed your own views of diplomacy while criticizing my solution. You think diplomacy is a burden. We call that a Freudian Slip. it's quite obvious to anyone with any discernible debate skills.

Thank you! Anyone who can read and understand what they are reading can see that you are an outright liar! You are trying (in quite a juvenile way) to twist my words around. Once again, I stated that I felt that YOUR SOLUTION (you fucking retard) would at best be a financial and diplomatic burden. :lol:

Oh, and the National Guard and the Regular Army have the same requirements to join. In fact though more often a State entity, the Nation Guard is part of............the Army. ;)

How was this an argument? Paranoid much? Anyhow, you revealed your own views of diplomacy while criticizing my solution. You think diplomacy is a burden. We call that a Freudian Slip. It's quite obvious to anyone with any discernible debate skills.

How did Russia respond when we invaded Afghanistan?
How did Russia respond when we invaded Iraq?

"President Obama made clear that Russia’s continued violation of Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity would negatively impact Russia’s standing in the international community. In the coming hours and days, the United States will urgently consult with allies and partners in the UN Security Council, the North Atlantic Council, the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe, and with the signatories of the Budapest Memorandum."
I wouldn't think that Russia is one of our allies..........

These warmongering neo con assholes have been itching to get into it with Russia since the end of WWII?

In 2012 during a presidential debate with Mitt Romney, Obama seemed to score points when stumping Mitt Romney on what was the bigger threat in the world (seen in the quote below). Mitt Romney contended Russia is the bigger threat to the world than Al-Qaeda. From then on, he was accused of "Cold War thinking." Then, it appeared certain he was wrong. But today, with Vladmir Putin ignoring flaccid warnings from Obama and invading Ukraine and blockading Crimea; it appears Romney words were not only right but eerily prophetic. Both Romney and Palin predicted this, and were brushed off.

"Governor Romney, I'm glad that you recognize that al-Qaeda's a threat because a few months ago when you were asked what's the biggest geo-political threat facing America, you said Russia. Not Al-Qaeda; you said, Russia.

And the 1980's are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because the Cold War has been over for twenty years."

The 1980's are now calling to deliver a warning. Don't let Russia reassert its previous dominance over what was the former Soviet Union.

You're the right age to enlist aren't you?

Yes, and would do so in a heartbeat. Your point?

then why havent you? plenty to do in the armed services.

The liberals are feeling a thrill they see the rise of their beloved Soviet union coming back. .. this is why all the liberals are acting like it isn't our businesse

tapatalk post

Last edited:
Behavior?

Look, don't call for war if you won't or can't go. You don't know what you are asking people to do.

And never fucking threaten me boy.

I'm not threatening anyone. But you need to keep my job situation out of this thread. It's irrelevant.

I can call for war if I want, it's not that I don't want to go, I CAN'T go. The Army wouldn't even look at me. I've applied to the National Guard and inquired about enlisting in the Army. They both won't take me for lack of emotional stability. So, in essence I still do have the right to my opinions about war.

I live in a military family. Many generations before me have fought in a war, from WWI to the Gulf War. I know exactly what kind of sacrifice it entails. Don't think I'm ignorant of what the hells of war entail.

We seriously need to return to isolationism, it's clear mingling with other countries has turned out to be the bad idea our Founders knew it would be.

I don't want anyone to die, but for us to be isolationists, we need to dissolve the UN or give up our seat in the Security Council. That's it, that's all.

But then again, we did make a vow to preserve and promote democracy did we not? This is the consequence of making a promise. You must obligate it. And until some president in the future decides to make that bold move, we must live with the consequences of our promises.

I want Russia to respect the sovereignty of the Ukranian Nation. If not by diplomacy, by force if necessary. I hearken back to the Revolutionary War. Should we have told the French, Prussians and Spain to go screw themselves because we were Independent? Should we do the same to Ukraine? Abandon those who want to recognize that dream?

I don't want anyone to die, but for us to be isolationists, we need to dissolve the UN or give up our seat in the Security Council. That's it, that's all.

But then again, we did make a vow to preserve and promote democracy did we not? This is the consequence of making a promise. You must obligate it. And until some president in the future decides to make that bold move, we must live with the consequences of our promises.

I want Russia to respect the sovereignty of the Ukranian Nation. If not by diplomacy, by force if necessary. I hearken back to the Revolutionary War. Should we have told the French, Prussians and Spain to go screw themselves because we were Independent? Should we do the same to Ukraine? Abandon those who want to recognize that dream?

How should Russia have responded when we invaded Iraq?

How should Russia have responded when we invaded Iraq?

Well if a little bitch like you had your way they would have complained about the carbon footprint of war.

Forum List

Back