The 1980's Have Called, with a warning.

you want people to die in the ukraine just so we can keep russia in it's hole.

We seriously need to return to isolationism, it's clear mingling with other countries has turned out to be the bad idea our Founders knew it would be.

I don't want anyone to die, but for us to be isolationists, we need to dissolve the UN or give up our seat in the Security Council. That's it, that's all.

But then again, we did make a vow to preserve and promote democracy did we not? This is the consequence of making a promise. You must obligate it. And until some president in the future decides to make that bold move, we must live with the consequences of our promises.

I want Russia to respect the sovereignty of the Ukranian Nation. If not by diplomacy, by force if necessary. I hearken back to the Revolutionary War. Should we have told the French, Prussians and Spain to go screw themselves because we were Independent? Should we do the same to Ukraine? Abandon those who want to recognize that dream?

How should Russia have responded when we invaded Iraq?

They responded by sending mixed messages. Both by speaking out against the war, but supporting the need to disarm Iraq. However, they voted for UN Security Council Resolution 1441, which essentially(or debatably depending on where you stand) gave the US and it's allies the permission they needed to invade Iraq.

In 2012 during a presidential debate with Mitt Romney, Obama seemed to score points when stumping Mitt Romney on what was the bigger threat in the world (seen in the quote below). Mitt Romney contended Russia is the bigger threat to the world than Al-Qaeda. From then on, he was accused of "Cold War thinking." Then, it appeared certain he was wrong. But today, with Vladmir Putin ignoring flaccid warnings from Obama and invading Ukraine and blockading Crimea; it appears Romney words were not only right but eerily prophetic. Both Romney and Palin predicted this, and were brushed off.

"Governor Romney, I'm glad that you recognize that al-Qaeda's a threat because a few months ago when you were asked what's the biggest geo-political threat facing America, you said Russia. Not Al-Qaeda; you said, Russia.

And the 1980's are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because the Cold War has been over for twenty years."

The 1980's are now calling to deliver a warning. Don't let Russia reassert its previous dominance over what was the former Soviet Union.

I always knew Romney would have made a much better president than Obama. Other countries would actually have respect for the U.S. instead of laughing at us and the impotent little man in the Oval Office.

Then again, Rdean would probablyhave made a better president than Obama.

In 2012 during a presidential debate with Mitt Romney, Obama seemed to score points when stumping Mitt Romney on what was the bigger threat in the world (seen in the quote below). Mitt Romney contended Russia is the bigger threat to the world than Al-Qaeda. From then on, he was accused of "Cold War thinking." Then, it appeared certain he was wrong. But today, with Vladmir Putin ignoring flaccid warnings from Obama and invading Ukraine and blockading Crimea; it appears Romney words were not only right but eerily prophetic. Both Romney and Palin predicted this, and were brushed off.

"Governor Romney, I'm glad that you recognize that al-Qaeda's a threat because a few months ago when you were asked what's the biggest geo-political threat facing America, you said Russia. Not Al-Qaeda; you said, Russia.

And the 1980's are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because the Cold War has been over for twenty years."

The 1980's are now calling to deliver a warning. Don't let Russia reassert its previous dominance over what was the former Soviet Union.

Why not?

Why is this any concern of ours?

Frankly, it looks to me that the Ukraine doesn't seem to have its shit together and sucks at this governing itself thing.

The problem in the Ukraine is that half the population is culturally Russian and has more of an affinity towards Russia than Ukrainian nationalism. Yanukovych was elected in what could be considered a fair election, but an angry mob has toppled him from power.

I'm just not seeing what compelling American interest is involved here.

They responded by sending mixed messages. Both by speaking out against the war, but supporting the need to disarm Iraq. However, they voted for UN Security Council Resolution 1441, which essentially(or debatably depending on where you stand) gave the US and it's allies the permission they needed to invade Iraq.

Maybe when Russia voted for 1441, they had a reasonable expectation that Bush wouldn't be completely irresponsible.

You know, like invading Iraq when he didn't really understand the difference between a Sunni and a Shi'ite, which he clearly didn't.

Methinks you overstate he threat of Russia

Terrorism is a larger threat to the west than a Soviet controlled Ukraine

What's worse than a superpower bullying smaller countries into submission? Did we not learn that lesson when Germany annexed Poland in WWII?

Except that Russia is responding to the requests of the legitimately elected President to assist in an internal struggle.

I don't want anyone to die, but for us to be isolationists, we need to dissolve the UN or give up our seat in the Security Council. That's it, that's all.

But then again, we did make a vow to preserve and promote democracy did we not? This is the consequence of making a promise. You must obligate it. And until some president in the future decides to make that bold move, we must live with the consequences of our promises.

I want Russia to respect the sovereignty of the Ukranian Nation. If not by diplomacy, by force if necessary. I hearken back to the Revolutionary War. Should we have told the French, Prussians and Spain to go screw themselves because we were Independent? Should we do the same to Ukraine? Abandon those who want to recognize that dream?

Do you think Putin will come up with a better reason to invade than WMDs?

Do you think Putin will come up with a better reason to invade than WMDs?

Lol you are so stupid.

tapatalk post

You're the right age to enlist aren't you?

Yes, and would do so in a heartbeat. Your point?

No. No you would not. We have been at war for your entire adult life and you have not left your easy chair yet. Please. Stop.

As much as you people are blathering on and on about Russia now, I haven't seen one of you describe the policy we're supposed to pursue.

Naturally your cliche is non intervention. I am inclined to agree, but given that these people are being bullied by one of our supposed allies, we may wish to step in.

You agree with non-intervention here.

You would much rather sit there while Russia re-annexes Ukraine. Its like a man with a stick of dynamite in one hand and a match in the other. He lights the match and someone like you says "why worry?"
P.S. You never answered the question. :)

I say intervene. We signed the UN Charter we should act in accordance with it. Let the chips fall where they may.

P.S. And what obligates me to answer your question the way you want me to?

But not here.

Are you bipolar?

I say intervene. We signed the UN Charter we should act in accordance with it. Let the chips fall where they may.

P.S. And what obligates me to answer your question the way you want me to?

Hopefully your opinion is in the minority. I didn't tell you how to answer the question, I just noted that you didn't answer it. Your solution would at best be a financial burden to our country as well as a diplomatic one.

Hopefully, you're right. However, I couldn't help but noticing something you said.

You say "diplomacy is a burden." I thought you liberals favored diplomacy? The alternative is military action then, is it not?

Employ the "speak softly and carry a big stick" strategy.

You failed to understand what he said.

Forum List

Back