The 1980's Have Called, with a warning.

In 2012 during a presidential debate with Mitt Romney, Obama seemed to score points when stumping Mitt Romney on what was the bigger threat in the world (seen in the quote below). Mitt Romney contended Russia is the bigger threat to the world than Al-Qaeda. From then on, he was accused of "Cold War thinking." Then, it appeared certain he was wrong. But today, with Vladmir Putin ignoring flaccid warnings from Obama and invading Ukraine and blockading Crimea; it appears Romney words were not only right but eerily prophetic. Both Romney and Palin predicted this, and were brushed off.

"Governor Romney, I'm glad that you recognize that al-Qaeda's a threat because a few months ago when you were asked what's the biggest geo-political threat facing America, you said Russia. Not Al-Qaeda; you said, Russia.

And the 1980's are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because the Cold War has been over for twenty years."

The 1980's are now calling to deliver a warning. Don't let Russia reassert its previous dominance over what was the former Soviet Union.

Russia isn't a threat to anyone outside of the former Soviet states. If he and Russia wanna at least reform the Soviet member-states (with those states' citizens' consent) let them.

Got a haircut yesterday and the consensus there was "Stay the hell out of this." And I agree.

I say intervene. We signed the UN Charter we should act in accordance with it. Let the chips fall where they may.

P.S. And what obligates me to answer your question the way you want me to?

Obviously your ignorance of foreign policy is as great as that of domestic policy and the law.

To ‘intervene’ would be madness, and typical of most on the warmongering right.

To intervene would be an obligation when all else fails. Read my previous post.

Why would it be an obligation.

If Russia intervenes in the Ukraine, it will because a large segment of the population of the Ukraine wants them to.

I'm not threatening anyone. But you need to keep my job situation out of this thread. It's irrelevant.

I can call for war if I want, it's not that I don't want to go, I CAN'T go. The Army wouldn't even look at me. I've applied to the National Guard and inquired about enlisting in the Army. They both won't take me for lack of emotional stability. So, in essence I still do have the right to my opinions about war.

I live in a military family. Many generations before me have fought in a war, from WWI to the Gulf War. I know exactly what kind of sacrifice it entails. Don't think I'm ignorant of what the hells of war entail.

To those of you that treat this punk ass kid with respect and decorum,(while he calls for getting other young men and women killed) you are engaging with a fucking crazy (his admission) person. And acting like what he has to say has some merit. LMAO. Why you all doing that? Just curious.

And carmac, you are ignorant. Crazy is your excuse. But ignorant you are.

He started a thread where he challenged us to help him find a job. We gave him a ton of advice on how to fix his resume, where to look, what kind of jobs he might be able to do despite his issues, and he pretty much had an excuse for each and every one of them.

But he did get 10,000 points in World of Warcraft, so he's totally in tune with what War entails.

Alas, World of Warcraft sucks. Another thing, I have a living reminder of what war entails living in Maine right now, my father. My Pastor was exposed to Agent Orange, so was my ROTC instructor. I have many people in my family who served in wars you yourself weren't even around to witness. Yeah, you don't know just how much I know. And oh, I sought out professional help from people who specialize in making resumes. I collaborated with dozens of job coaches from my Department of Labor, so I didn't need your advice about making resumes. Second, I went through a ton of evaluations by my job coaches and Vocational rehab team. It took them over a year to find me the last job I had. So, you think I'm making excuses, but I try pretty damned hard considering.

One thing you haven't done Joe, is walked a mile in my moccasins. So how can you presume to tell me that I'm making excuses? Back on topic however.

Last edited:
[/B]

To those of you that treat this punk ass kid with respect and decorum,(while he calls for getting other young men and women killed) you are engaging with a fucking crazy (his admission) person. And acting like what he has to say has some merit. LMAO. Why you all doing that? Just curious.

And carmac, you are ignorant. Crazy is your excuse. But ignorant you are.

He started a thread where he challenged us to help him find a job. We gave him a ton of advice on how to fix his resume, where to look, what kind of jobs he might be able to do despite his issues, and he pretty much had an excuse for each and every one of them.

But he did get 10,000 points in World of Warcraft, so he's totally in tune with what War entails.

Alas, World of Warcraft sucks. Another thing, I have a living reminder of what war entails living in Maine right now. My Pastor was exposed to Agent Orange, so was my ROTC instructor. Yeah, you don't know just how much I know. And oh, I sought out professional help from people who specialize in making resumes. I collaborated with dozens of job coaches from my Department of Labor, so I didn't need your advice about making resumes.

One thing you haven't done Joe, is walk a mile in my moccasins. So how can you presume to tell me that I'm making excuses? Back on topic however.

/reminds self TK is delusional, and walks away

Alas, World of Warcraft sucks. Another thing, I have a living reminder of what war entails living in Maine right now. My Pastor was exposed to Agent Orange, so was my ROTC instructor. Yeah, you don't know just how much I know. And oh, I sought out professional help from people who specialize in making resumes. I collaborated with dozens of job coaches from my Department of Labor, so I didn't need your advice about making resumes.

One thing you haven't done Joe, is walk a mile in my moccasins. So how can you presume to tell me that I'm making excuses? Back on topic however.

/reminds self that BD is a whiny baby, and moves on to the next post

In 2012 during a presidential debate with Mitt Romney, Obama seemed to score points when stumping Mitt Romney on what was the bigger threat in the world (seen in the quote below). Mitt Romney contended Russia is the bigger threat to the world than Al-Qaeda. From then on, he was accused of "Cold War thinking." Then, it appeared certain he was wrong. But today, with Vladmir Putin ignoring flaccid warnings from Obama and invading Ukraine and blockading Crimea; it appears Romney words were not only right but eerily prophetic. Both Romney and Palin predicted this, and were brushed off.

"Governor Romney, I'm glad that you recognize that al-Qaeda's a threat because a few months ago when you were asked what's the biggest geo-political threat facing America, you said Russia. Not Al-Qaeda; you said, Russia.

And the 1980's are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because the Cold War has been over for twenty years."

The 1980's are now calling to deliver a warning. Don't let Russia reassert its previous dominance over what was the former Soviet Union.

Russia isn't a threat to anyone outside of the former Soviet states. If he and Russia wanna at least reform the Soviet member-states (with those states' citizens' consent) let them.

Got a haircut yesterday and the consensus there was "Stay the hell out of this." And I agree.

Your hair told you all that?

Do we not work to protect the sovereignty of the UN member states? Aren't we obligated?

Under R2P via the UN, (Responsibility to Protect)

1. A state has a responsibility to protect its population from genocide, war crimes, crimes against humanity, and ethnic cleansing.
2 . The international community has a responsibility to assist the state to fulfill its primary responsibility.
3. If the state manifestly fails to protect its citizens from the four above mass atrocities and peaceful measures have failed, the international community has the responsibility to intervene through coercive measures such as economic sanctions. Military intervention is considered the last resort.

When all other means of diplomacy and sanctions have failed to garner results, we are obligated to assist the international community in resolving a crisis. It's there, LL. Sorry. We can't be non interventionists when we agree to stuff like this, can we?

That is the boring part of this thread. I'd much rather talk about all the obstacles in your life....especially the ones that keep you from serving in the military. Alas!

Alas, you have no argument. And will not have the pleasure of being obliged in that area. You want to have an intelligent debate with me? I'm all for it. But hey, your unwillingness to show any respect to me whatsoever only speaks to your intelligence. Or lack therein.

Thereof. Not therein. You meant to use thereof, right?

It is not unwillingness to show you respect. It is complete lack of any respect for you. Do you understand the difference?

Am I on your 48 hour list yet, Nancy?

No. No you would not. We have been at war for your entire adult life and you have not left your easy chair yet. Please. Stop.

You don't know what I'd do if given the opportunity... the emotional stability. Who are you to doubt what I'm capable of? First you say I need to get off my ass, then tell me I don't have anything to offer. Contradict much?

I have seen your picture. Your problem is not mental. You are too fat to serve.

Soldiers need to do push-ups.

Actually, I've lost 15 pounds since that picture was taken. Last year. You wanna stop with the fat jokes now, smart alec?

You don't know what I'd do if given the opportunity... the emotional stability. Who are you to doubt what I'm capable of? First you say I need to get off my ass, then tell me I don't have anything to offer. Contradict much?

Actually, I've lost 15 pounds since that picture was taken. Last year. You wanna stop with the fat jokes now, smart alec?

No. I would like to pursue the topic further, thanks.

How tall are you and what do you weigh? How many push-ups can you do?

You agree with non-intervention here.

Moreover, I agree with it when the situation requires it. However I will agree in whatever way I choose, LL. You don't get to tell me what to agree on.

And.......I did no such thing, dummy. Read the very next post.

There. Good boy.

Unless you were asking a question, the lack of punctuational awareness is your fault. Putting periods instead of question marks turn a question like that into an assumption or demand.

Moreover, I agree with it when the situation requires it. However I will agree in whatever way I choose, LL. You don't get to tell me what to agree on.

And.......I did no such thing, dummy. Read the very next post.

There. Good boy.

Unless you were asking a question, the lack of punctuational awareness is your fault. Putting periods instead of question marks turn a question like that into an assumption or demand.

Nope two statements. Read them again in the order posted.

Even at 5' 11" 240 lbs I can do 70 pushups. Multiply that by my weight and I lift a combined 8.7 Tons through repetition. I've rowed boats across lakes a mile wide before. I participate in athletics and still do. Still want to call me fat, boy?

And we will not pursue the topic any further. Go throw a tantrum if you wish, but this thread gets back on topic with, or without you.

Unless any of you have any specific opinions on my original post, I suggest you make another flame thread about me and keep your bullshit out my threads in the politics forum.

Oh good. I'm not on ignore. Therefore your grandmother IS sound of mind and body, or you would not have ignored my post on that subject.

Next we can discuss the difference between hearing about Agent Orange exposure, and actual exposure.

Moron.

Even at 5' 11" 240 lbs I can do 70 pushups. Multiply that by my weight and I lift a combined 8.7 Tons through repetition. I've rowed boats across lakes a mile wide before. I participate in athletics and still do. Still want to call me fat, boy?

And we will not pursue the topic any further. Go throw a tantrum if you wish, but this thread gets back on topic with, or without you.

You weigh more than 240. You cannot do 70 push-ups. Not sure about the 5-11 part. That could be true.

Rowing a boat for one mile is not something to brag about.

What "athletics" do you participate in?

[

Alas, World of Warcraft sucks. Another thing, I have a living reminder of what war entails living in Maine right now, my father. My Pastor was exposed to Agent Orange, so was my ROTC instructor. I have many people in my family who served in wars you yourself weren't even around to witness. Yeah, you don't know just how much I know. And oh, I sought out professional help from people who specialize in making resumes. I collaborated with dozens of job coaches from my Department of Labor, so I didn't need your advice about making resumes. Second, I went through a ton of evaluations by my job coaches and Vocational rehab team. It took them over a year to find me the last job I had. So, you think I'm making excuses, but I try pretty damned hard considering.

One thing you haven't done Joe, is walked a mile in my moccasins. So how can you presume to tell me that I'm making excuses? Back on topic however.

1) you don't get credit for other people's service just because you've had to be around them. Sorry. Doesn't work that way.

2) Guy, you still don't have a job, so that tells me whatever these guys did for you, it was probably just to get you out of their office as quickly as possible. If you weren't paying them, my guess is they didn't care if you had a good resume or not.

3) If you put as much effort into job hunting that you put in here lecturing people on abortion and hating on Obama, you'd have a job by now.

No. No you would not. We have been at war for your entire adult life and you have not left your easy chair yet. Please. Stop.

No, silly. We tell you get off your ass, and you become a self-fulfilling prophecy of offering nothing.

You tell me why you refused to take Luissa's brilliant advice to go to county and get paid for taking care of your grandmother. My guess? She is perfectly self-sufficient. You can't get paid for taking care of her if she can do it herself.

The more you explain/excuse, the more everybody can see the true measure of you as a less-than-man.

You have NO business talking of the affairs of men until you are one.

So, back to questioning my manhood? How mighty decent of a 55 year old. By the way, I asked my grandmother how shed feel about me getting paid to take care of her, you know what she told me? "Don't worry about it. Find a job you're happy with. Don't let me hold you back, son." You don't know her. She's ten thousand times the woman you'll ever be.

You tell me to get off my ass, so I call you out to give me some advice on how to accomplish that. I saw all of your responses and suggestions, I actively pursued all of them, to no avail. But then, you get all uppity, you then tell me it's none of your concern and that I shouldn't bother people about it. But you were the ones telling me to "get off my ass" were you not?

Doesn't that make you all hypocrites?

240 lbs at 5'11" would be considered overweight by the Army's standards.

Oh good. I'm not on ignore. Therefore your grandmother IS sound of mind and body, or you would not have ignored my post on that subject.

Next we can discuss the difference between hearing about Agent Orange exposure, and actual exposure.

Moron.

Alas, neither am I. You have a habit of putting me on your nonexistent ignore list, BD. You're a compulsive liar. I actually did respond to your post, and she is not of sound mind or body. She's forgetful and loses things quite often. It's a wonder she can still drive a car. She can barely stand for more than 30 minutes, so I wind up finishing our dinner most of the time. To sit there and presume to know what pain and suffering she isn't in is the lowest thing a human being like you can do.

Now scram, you impertinent wench.

Forum List

Back