The 1980's Have Called, with a warning.

Yes, and would do so in a heartbeat. Your point?

then do so

talk is cheap and last I heard you needed a job.

It's all fun and games until you don't get to earn an extra life

I tried in High School. That's why I was taking ROTC. But then I developed some behavioral disorders, that after speaking with an Army recruiter, would disqualify me from enlisting.

But hey, just a friendly warning, you would be wise to refrain from lecturing me about my job situation.

Why. What are you going to do about it? Beat him up with your thick resume?

Hopefully, you're right. However, I couldn't help but noticing something you said.

You say "diplomacy is a burden." I thought you liberals favored diplomacy? The alternative is military action then, is it not?

Employ the "speak softly and carry a big stick" strategy.

I didn't say that "diplomacy is a burden." , I said that "Your solution would at best be a financial burden to our country as well as a diplomatic one.". I prefer diplomacy and a pretty much non-interventionist foreign policy. I think that Iraq was a dumb move and Afghanistan became stupid when they tried to "nation build" there as well. We should have just taken out our enemies and departed.

So, how is that any different from what I said? You listed two burdens, financial and diplomatic. The fact that you would see diplomacy as a type of burden is surprising.

I prefer a passive aggressive foreign policy. I also believe in keeping agreements. We are a member of the UN, and as such we should act, with or without other countries, to protect and help to preserve the sovereignty of a foreign nation. In the case of Ukraine, I would say scare the Russians off, get out and let Ukraine re-elect their own leaders and representatives nothing more.

He does not see diplomacy as a burden, retard. He sees your suggestion as being a diplomatic burden. Why so stupid?

You would much rather sit there while Russia re-annexes Ukraine. Its like a man with a stick of dynamite in one hand and a match in the other. He lights the match and someone like you says "why worry?"
P.S. You never answered the question. :)

I say intervene. We signed the UN Charter we should act in accordance with it. Let the chips fall where they may.

P.S. And what obligates me to answer your question the way you want me to?

Obviously your ignorance of foreign policy is as great as that of domestic policy and the law.

To ‘intervene’ would be madness, and typical of most on the warmongering right.

I tried in High School. That's why I was taking ROTC. But then I developed some behavioral disorders, that after speaking with an Army recruiter, would disqualify me from enlisting.

But hey, just a friendly warning, you would be wise to refrain from lecturing me about my job situation.

Behavior?

Look, don't call for war if you won't or can't go. You don't know what you are asking people to do.

And never fucking threaten me boy.

I'm not threatening anyone. But you need to keep my job situation out of this thread. It's irrelevant.

I can call for war if I want, it's not that I don't want to go, I CAN'T go. The Army wouldn't even look at me. I've applied to the National Guard and inquired about enlisting in the Army. They both won't take me for lack of emotional stability. So, in essence I still do have the right to my opinions about war.

I live in a military family. Many generations before me have fought in a war, from WWI to the Gulf War. I know exactly what kind of sacrifice it entails. Don't think I'm ignorant of what the hells of war entail.

To those of you that treat this punk ass kid with respect and decorum,(while he calls for getting other young men and women killed) you are engaging with a fucking crazy (his admission) person. And acting like what he has to say has some merit. LMAO. Why you all doing that? Just curious.

And carmac, you are ignorant. Crazy is your excuse. But ignorant you are.

You're the right age to enlist aren't you?

then do so

talk is cheap and last I heard you needed a job.

It's all fun and games until you don't get to earn an extra life

Which is perfectly on topic and certainly not reportable ...

It is rather ironic that someone who never served is willing to throw our fine soldiers at any problem he sees, real or perceived. Not like he'll be returning home dead, or maimed in body and/or mind.

For all the horror and waste and pain and damage caused by our wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, perhaps we've learned a lesson, that trying to be The World's Policeman is a bad, bad idea on multiple levels.

No, wait, I thought that through a bit. We probably haven't learned.

Never mind.

Behavior?

Look, don't call for war if you won't or can't go. You don't know what you are asking people to do.

I'm not threatening anyone. But you need to keep my job situation out of this thread. It's irrelevant.

I can call for war if I want, it's not that I don't want to go, I CAN'T go. The Army wouldn't even look at me. I've applied to the National Guard and inquired about enlisting in the Army. They both won't take me for lack of emotional stability. So, in essence I still do have the right to my opinions about war.

I live in a military family. Many generations before me have fought in a war, from WWI to the Gulf War. I know exactly what kind of sacrifice it entails. Don't think I'm ignorant of what the hells of war entail.

Oh bullshit. If you had ANY IDEA, you'd stop posturing. "The hell that war entails" is a talking point you use when people call you out on your shit.

And oh yeah. Somebody that won't be taken by any branch of the military because he really should be a guest at the Waldorf Hysteria is EXACTLY who we should be listening to when it comes to grave military decisions. :eusa_hand:

You're the right age to enlist aren't you?

No. No you would not. We have been at war for your entire adult life and you have not left your easy chair yet. Please. Stop.

You don't know what I'd do if given the opportunity... the emotional stability. Who are you to doubt what I'm capable of? First you say I need to get off my ass, then tell me I don't have anything to offer. Contradict much?

As much as you people are blathering on and on about Russia now, I haven't seen one of you describe the policy we're supposed to pursue.

Naturally your cliche is non intervention. I am inclined to agree, but given that these people are being bullied by one of our supposed allies, we may wish to step in.

You agree with non-intervention here.

Moreover, I agree with it when the situation requires it. However I will agree in whatever way I choose, LL. You don't get to tell me what to agree on.

No. No you would not. We have been at war for your entire adult life and you have not left your easy chair yet. Please. Stop.

You don't know what I'd do if given the opportunity... the emotional stability. Who are you to doubt what I'm capable of? First you say I need to get off my ass, then tell me I don't have anything to offer. Contradict much?

I have seen your picture. Your problem is not mental. You are too fat to serve.

Soldiers need to do push-ups.

Last edited:
Naturally your cliche is non intervention. I am inclined to agree, but given that these people are being bullied by one of our supposed allies, we may wish to step in.

You agree with non-intervention here.

Moreover, I agree with it when the situation requires it. However I will agree in whatever way I choose, LL. You don't get to tell me what to agree on.

And.......I did no such thing, dummy. Read the very next post.

There. Good boy.

No, silly. We tell you get off your ass, and you become a self-fulfilling prophecy of offering nothing.

You tell me why you refused to take Luissa's brilliant advice to go to county and get paid for taking care of your grandmother. My guess? She is perfectly self-sufficient. You can't get paid for taking care of her if she can do it herself.

The more you explain/excuse, the more everybody can see the true measure of you as a less-than-man.

You have NO business talking of the affairs of men until you are one.

I say intervene. We signed the UN Charter we should act in accordance with it. Let the chips fall where they may.

But not here.

Are you bipolar?

Do we not work to protect the sovereignty of the UN member states? Aren't we obligated?

Under R2P via the UN, (Responsibility to Protect)

1. A state has a responsibility to protect its population from genocide, war crimes, crimes against humanity, and ethnic cleansing.
2 . The international community has a responsibility to assist the state to fulfill its primary responsibility.
3. If the state manifestly fails to protect its citizens from the four above mass atrocities and peaceful measures have failed, the international community has the responsibility to intervene through coercive measures such as economic sanctions. Military intervention is considered the last resort.

138. Each individual State has the responsibility to protect its populations from genocide, war crimes, ethnic cleansing and crimes against humanity. This responsibility entails the prevention of such crimes, including their incitement, through appropriate and necessary means. We accept that responsibility and will act in accordance with it. The international community should, as appropriate, encourage and help States to exercise this responsibility and support the United Nations in establishing an early warning capability.

139. The international community, through the United Nations, also has the responsibility to use appropriate diplomatic, humanitarian and other peaceful means, in accordance with Chapters VI and VIII of the Charter, to help protect populations from genocide, war crimes, ethnic cleansing and crimes against humanity. In this context, we are prepared to take collective action, in a timely and decisive manner, through the Security Council, in accordance with the Charter, including Chapter VII, on a case-by-case basis and in cooperation with relevant regional organizations as appropriate, should peaceful means be inadequate and national authorities manifestly fail to protect their populations from genocide, war crimes, ethnic cleansing and crimes against humanity. We stress the need for the General Assembly to continue consideration of the responsibility to protect populations from genocide, war crimes, ethnic cleansing and crimes against humanity and its implications, bearing in mind the principles of the Charter and international law. We also intend to commit ourselves, as necessary and appropriate, to helping States build capacity to protect their populations from genocide, war crimes, ethnic cleansing and crimes against humanity and to assisting those whis before crises and conflicts break out.

When all other means of diplomacy and sanctions have failed to garner results, we are obligated to assist the international community in resolving a crisis. It's there, LL. Sorry. We can't be non interventionists when we agree to stuff like this, can we?

But not here.

Are you bipolar?

Do we not work to protect the sovereignty of the UN member states? Aren't we obligated?

1. A state has a responsibility to protect its population from genocide, war crimes, crimes against humanity, and ethnic cleansing.
2 . The international community has a responsibility to assist the state to fulfill its primary responsibility.
3. If the state manifestly fails to protect its citizens from the four above mass atrocities and peaceful measures have failed, the international community has the responsibility to intervene through coercive measures such as economic sanctions. Military intervention is considered the last resort.

138. Each individual State has the responsibility to protect its populations from genocide, war crimes, ethnic cleansing and crimes against humanity. This responsibility entails the prevention of such crimes, including their incitement, through appropriate and necessary means. We accept that responsibility and will act in accordance with it. The international community should, as appropriate, encourage and help States to exercise this responsibility and support the United Nations in establishing an early warning capability.

139. The international community, through the United Nations, also has the responsibility to use appropriate diplomatic, humanitarian and other peaceful means, in accordance with Chapters VI and VIII of the Charter, to help protect populations from genocide, war crimes, ethnic cleansing and crimes against humanity. In this context, we are prepared to take collective action, in a timely and decisive manner, through the Security Council, in accordance with the Charter, including Chapter VII, on a case-by-case basis and in cooperation with relevant regional organizations as appropriate, should peaceful means be inadequate and national authorities manifestly fail to protect their populations from genocide, war crimes, ethnic cleansing and crimes against humanity. We stress the need for the General Assembly to continue consideration of the responsibility to protect populations from genocide, war crimes, ethnic cleansing and crimes against humanity and its implications, bearing in mind the principles of the Charter and international law. We also intend to commit ourselves, as necessary and appropriate, to helping States build capacity to protect their populations from genocide, war crimes, ethnic cleansing and crimes against humanity and to assisting those whis before crises and conflicts break out.

When all other means of diplomacy and sanctions have failed to garner results, we are obligated to assist the international community in resolving a crisis. It's there, LL. Sorry. We can't be non interventionists when we agree to stuff like this, can we?

That is the boring part of this thread. I'd much rather talk about all the obstacles in your life....especially the ones that keep you from serving in the military. Alas!

Obviously your ignorance of foreign policy is as great as that of domestic policy and the law.

To intervene would be an obligation when all else fails. Read my previous post.

And.....has all else failed? Has anything failed? Has anything been attempted?

Behavior?

To those of you that treat this punk ass kid with respect and decorum,(while he calls for getting other young men and women killed) you are engaging with a fucking crazy (his admission) person. And acting like what he has to say has some merit. LMAO. Why you all doing that? Just curious.

When you stop advocating the right of women to slaughter of innocent children in the womb, perhaps you could care enough about the lives of our men and women overseas. When you develop a respect for all life, then you would have the right to lecture me. You're the crazy one. Ten years ago you played this argument, today you still are. Now you want to shrink our standing army? And you call me crazy and ignorant?

Why do people treat me with respect and decorum? Because unlike you, I actually have some sensibilities. You on the other hand... only have your ad hominem and Boop as your cheerleader.

And.....has all else failed? Has anything failed? Has anything been attempted?

All Obama has bothered to do was issue a public condemnation of Russia's behavior, and give Putin a 90 minute phone call. Granted the EU wouldn't hesitate to respond to an issue like this. So yes, things have been "attempted." Your man Obama sees this as an opportunity for some face time, while having his foreign policy further humiliated by Russia's defiance and breach of the UN charter. There will be war, and there may be nothing neither I nor you liberal peaceniks can do about it.

Last edited:
Behavior?

He started a thread where he challenged us to help him find a job. We gave him a ton of advice on how to fix his resume, where to look, what kind of jobs he might be able to do despite his issues, and he pretty much had an excuse for each and every one of them.

But he did get 10,000 points in World of Warcraft, so he's totally in tune with what War entails.

But not here.

Are you bipolar?

That is the boring part of this thread. I'd much rather talk about all the obstacles in your life....especially the ones that keep you from serving in the military. Alas!

Alas, you have no argument. And will not have the pleasure of being obliged in that area. You want to have an intelligent debate with me? I'm all for it. But hey, your unwillingness to show any respect to me whatsoever only speaks to your intelligence. Or lack therein.

Forum List

Back