🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Epistles of John - from the Bible

Guidance in Prayer

14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.
16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.
17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

Freedom from Habitual Sin

18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.
19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.
20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.
21 Little children, keep yourselves from idols. A-men'.

You're a woman, right? If you are, you shouldn't be posting this kind of stuff.

1 Timothy 2:12 - But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
1 Corinthians 14:34 - Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but [they are commanded] to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
1 Timothy 2:11 - Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
1 Corinthians 14:35 - And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.
1 Corinthians 11:5 - But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with [her] head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.

I worry about you and don't want to see you smote down in the name of the LORD or stoned in the streets like a common harlot or burned at the stake as a witch (which we shall not suffer to live) and as a mere woman you risk these things when you preach to us heathens.

Just trying to keep your pretty little head in one piece.

Thank you, Steven R. I am not in a church. I am on a message board typing out the scriptures. Think of me as a secretary. I'm just typing out the message. The preachers are the ones speaking in Scripture. Thank you for your concern but you do not need to worry about me. I am under the Blood of Jesus Christ and it is Jesus Christ that keeps me and watches over me.

Seems to me that's splitting hairs. Telling godless swine like me about the LORD is man's work. You're job is to make babies and keep your mouth shut according to people like Paul. Working his side of the street instead of tending to womanly things like making dinner, keeping you mouth shut, and getting on your back is a good way to end up being killed by a mob who is amped up on outrage and righteous indignation.

Freedom from Habitual Sin

18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.
19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.
20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.
21 Little children, keep yourselves from idols. A-men'.

1 Timothy 2:12 - But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
1 Corinthians 14:34 - Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but [they are commanded] to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
1 Corinthians 14:35 - And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.
1 Corinthians 11:5 - But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with [her] head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.

I worry about you and don't want to see you smote down in the name of the LORD or stoned in the streets like a common harlot or burned at the stake as a witch (which we shall not suffer to live) and as a mere woman you risk these things when you preach to us heathens.

Thank you, Steven R. I am not in a church. I am on a message board typing out the scriptures. Think of me as a secretary. I'm just typing out the message. The preachers are the ones speaking in Scripture. Thank you for your concern but you do not need to worry about me. I am under the Blood of Jesus Christ and it is Jesus Christ that keeps me and watches over me.

Seems to me that's splitting hairs. Telling godless swine like me about the LORD is man's work. You're job is to make babies and keep your mouth shut according to people like Paul. Working his side of the street instead of tending to womanly things like making dinner, keeping you mouth shut, and getting on your back is a good way to end up being killed by a mob who is amped up on outrage and righteous indignation.

Well, Steven, in a roundabout way I suppose you got your way. I asked my husband to look at this thread and he did. I told him what you said about women preaching and of course, in the pulpit - I agree with you - but here was my husband's thought. He told me I had started this thread and I should finish it. He also told me he felt that it was time for me to leave this board and had thought about that yesterday. Now that was strange as I had left the board and then yesterday decided to return! So I will be completing 2nd John and 3rd John and if my husband still feels this way? This will be my last thread.

About you calling yourself godless swine. I am grieved that you oppose yourself this way. It is a sorrow to my heart to see you in such a state. I have always felt the love of God for you and desired for you to come to know Jesus Christ, Steven. That has always been my heart for you. As for obeying my husband? Of course I will obey my husband. If I didn't I would be giving Satan an opportunity to accuse me before God. Many Christians may not know this, Steven, but Satan has to petition God to attack a Christian. He has his own servants keeping an account of everything a Christian says and everything a Christian does. (he cannot read our minds so that is something he is unable to report to God) Any sin that is committed is recorded and reported to Satan. (because he is not omnipotent like God and cannot be everywhere at once - he has these things reported to him) Then he takes the sins committed by Christians - acts of disobedience to God and he accuses the Christian. One could call it, "Legal Ground". Satan is the accuser of the brethren the bible states but he is not falsely accusing - he is accusing of what he has grounds to present to God so that he may be given permission to attack.
Christians today are very big on the grace message, Steven. They do not know that if they sin and have not repented of that sin that Satan can petition God to attack them because the bible is clear that Christians are not to sin and if they do they should repent immediately. I believe you know that I am a sincere Christian and that I do not believe in the wide road gospel. I believe without holiness no one will see the LORD.

In closing, I will continue to pray for you and believe God for your salvation because you matter to me as much as any other person on this board I've prayed for. You matter to Jesus so much that He hung on a cross for you and died for your sins. I hope you will never forget that fact, Steven. It does not matter what you have done. The LORD will forgive you because that is how great His Love is for you. With that said, I will now move on to the Second Epistle of John as the First has been completed.

The Second Epistle of John

"L
ET him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall" (1 Corinthians 10:12) These words of the apostle Paul could well stand as a subtitle for John's little epistle. The recipients, a chosen lady and her children, were obviously standing. They were walking in truth, remaining faithful to the commandments they had received from the Father. John is deeply pleased to be able to commend them. But he takes nothing for granted. Realizing that standing is just one step removed from falling, he hesitates not at all to issue a reminder: "love one another" (v.5)
The apostle admits that this is not new revelation, but he views it sufficiently important to repeat. Loving one another, he stresses, is equivalent to walking according to God's commandments.
John indicates however that this love must be discerning. It is not a naive, unthinking, open to anything and anyone kind of live. Biblical love is a matter of choice; it is dangerous and foolish to float through life with undiscerning love.
False teachers abound who do not acknowledge Christ as having come in the flesh. It is false charity to open the door to false teaching. We must have fellowship with God. We must have fellowship with Christians. But we must not have fellowship with false teachers. The "elder" of verse 1 has been traditionally identified with the apostle John, resulting in the Greek title Ioannou B, the "Second of John."

Salutation

THE elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the truth;
2 For the truth's sake, which dwelleth in us, and shall be with us for ever.
3 Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.

Walk in Truth

4 I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father.

Walk in Love

4 And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.
5 6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

Doctrine of False Teachers

7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an an'-ti-christ.
8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.
9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

Avoid the False Teachers

10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: 11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

Benediction

12 Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full.
13 The children of thy elect sister greet thee. A-men'.

This concludes The Second Epistle of John

THE THIRD EPISTLE OF JOHN

I
N Third John the apostle encourages fellowship with Christian brothers. Following his expression of love for Gaius, John assures him of his prayers for his health and voices his joy over Gaius's persistent walk in truth and for the manner in which he shows hospitality and support for missionaries who have come to his church.
But not everyone in the church feels the same way. Diotrephes' heart is one hundred and eighty degrees removed from Gaius's heart. He is no longer living in love. Pride has taken precedence in his life. He has refused a letter John has written for the church, fearing that his authority might be superseded by that of the apostle.
He has accused John of evil words and refused to accept missionaries. He forbids others to do so and even expels them from the church if they disobey him. John uses his negative example as an opportunity to encourage Gaius to continue his hospitality. Demetrius has a good testimony and may even be one of those turned away by Diotrephes. He is widely known for his good character and his loyalty to the truth. Here he is well commended by John and stands as a positive example for Gaius. The Greek title of First, Second, and Third John are Ioannou A, B, and G. The G is gamma, the third letter of the Greek alphabet; Ioannou G means the "Third of John."

Godliness of Gaius

2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.
3 For I rejoiced greatly, when the brethren came and testified of the truth that is in thee, even as thou walkest in the truth.
4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.

Generosity of Gaius

5 Beloved, thou doest faithfully whatsoever thou doest to the brethren, and to strangers;
6 Which have born witness of thy charity before the church: whom if thou bring forward on their journey after a godly sort, thou shalt do well:
7 Because that for his name's sake they went forth, taking nothing of the Gentiles.
8 We therefore ought to receive such, that we might be fellowhelpers to the truth.

Pride of Diotrephes

9 I wrote unto the church: but Diot'-re-phes, who loved to have the preeminence among them, receiveth us not.
10 Wherefore, if I come, I will remember his deeds which he doeth, prating against us with malicious words: and not content therewith, neither doth he himself receive the brethren, and forbiddeth them that would, and casteth them out of the church.
11 Beloved, follow not that which his evil, but that which is good. he that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.

Well, Steven, in a roundabout way I suppose you got your way. I asked my husband to look at this thread and he did. I told him what you said about women preaching and of course, in the pulpit - I agree with you - but here was my husband's thought. He told me I had started this thread and I should finish it. He also told me he felt that it was time for me to leave this board and had thought about that yesterday. Now that was strange as I had left the board and then yesterday decided to return! So I will be completing 2nd John and 3rd John and if my husband still feels this way? This will be my last thread.

About you calling yourself godless swine. I am grieved that you oppose yourself this way. It is a sorrow to my heart to see you in such a state. I have always felt the love of God for you and desired for you to come to know Jesus Christ, Steven. That has always been my heart for you. As for obeying my husband? Of course I will obey my husband. If I didn't I would be giving Satan an opportunity to accuse me before God. Many Christians may not know this, Steven, but Satan has to petition God to attack a Christian. He has his own servants keeping an account of everything a Christian says and everything a Christian does. (he cannot read our minds so that is something he is unable to report to God) Any sin that is committed is recorded and reported to Satan. (because he is not omnipotent like God and cannot be everywhere at once - he has these things reported to him) Then he takes the sins committed by Christians - acts of disobedience to God and he accuses the Christian. One could call it, "Legal Ground". Satan is the accuser of the brethren the bible states but he is not falsely accusing - he is accusing of what he has grounds to present to God so that he may be given permission to attack.
Christians today are very big on the grace message, Steven. They do not know that if they sin and have not repented of that sin that Satan can petition God to attack them because the bible is clear that Christians are not to sin and if they do they should repent immediately. I believe you know that I am a sincere Christian and that I do not believe in the wide road gospel. I believe without holiness no one will see the LORD.

In closing, I will continue to pray for you and believe God for your salvation because you matter to me as much as any other person on this board I've prayed for. You matter to Jesus so much that He hung on a cross for you and died for your sins. I hope you will never forget that fact, Steven. It does not matter what you have done. The LORD will forgive you because that is how great His Love is for you. With that said, I will now move on to the Second Epistle of John as the First has been completed.

That certainly isn't what I want. I don't care if a woman preaches, at least no more than I do if a man preaches. But it illustrates a problem I have with the Bible in that it isn't what God or Jesus wants but rather what men like Paul wants. So if you go by Paul's demands and keep your mouth shut, because you're just a woman and shouldn't speak out for some reason, then you risk the chance to preach to the unwashed masses...or you can preach and violate a man-made tenet of your religion simply because of your sex organs. That sucks no matter how you look at it.

Praise for Demetrius

12 De-me'-tri-us hath good report of all men,and of the truth itself: yea, and we also bear record: and ye know that our record is true.

Benediction

13 I had many things to write, but I will not with ink and pen write unto thee;
14 But I trust I shall shortly see thee, and we shall speak face to face. Peace be to thee. Our friends salute thee. Greet the friends by name.

This concludes The Third Epistle of John.

That certainly isn't what I want. I don't care if a woman preaches, at least no more than I do if a man preaches. But it illustrates a problem I have with the Bible in that it isn't what God or Jesus wants but rather what men like Paul wants. So if you go by Paul's demands and keep your mouth shut, because you're just a woman and shouldn't speak out for some reason, then you risk the chance to preach to the unwashed masses...or you can preach and violate a man-made tenet of your religion simply because of your sex organs. That sucks no matter how you look at it.

I understand. It isn't what I want either but I have to obey my husband or I am in disobedience to God. It is interesting that you brought this up, Steven, as a street preacher invited me to go to street preach with him at a future time. This happened just the other night while my husband and I were visiting he and his grandfather. I had told him I had concluded writing on USMB on November 3rd - it was two years I have been here. He told me come with me, Sister! Let's do some street preaching. I did not know this until tonight. But my husband said, I did not feel comfortable with you doing that. I was going to tell him I'm sorry but my wife cannot go. So I believe all things that happen to me are the will of God in my life, Steven. Coming to the board was the will of God for my life and leaving the board now is the will of God for my life. But I sure will miss all of you. Very, very much.

I finished typing out the 3rd Epistle so I guess this is good bye now. I hope you'll read what I typed here tonight. It was for all of you.

To God be the Glory, Steven_R! This morning my husband told me he believes I was called to do what I am doing and that I should continue! So I shall. But as to these gangs and mobs you speak of. I understand that some people here do not want to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ and for those ones I can only tell you that although I would like for them to read the Word of God - if they choose not to - that is their free will choice. But for those who choose to read the Word of God and be blessed - that is their choice and my presence here gives them that opportunity. So with that? I'm staying. Until Jesus comes back, God willing!

Forum List

Back