The 2009 Baseball Season Thread

Boston didn't hit, 3 runs in 7 innings should normally be a win.

True ... we did face our kryptonite today too ... a soft throwing lefty.

Even still Beckett needs to pitch better than the did today to have a chance to shut down an elite lineup in October.

Phils burned by Houston for a 4 game sweep. We're scoring less runs than the Giants these days :lol:

After all these years I can still smell the cut grass of Little Leauge and my first hit, after all these years I can still hear the roar of a Major Leauge home run, after all these years I can still sing Take Me Out To The Ball Game, and when I do, my late father is there too. He is there too.

After all these years.

And the world is good.

What a beautiful game!

Last edited:
After all these years I can still smell the cut grass of Little Leauge and my first hit, after all these years I can still hear the roar of a Major Leauge home run, after all these years I can still sing Take Me Out To The Ball Game, and when I do, my late father is there too. He is there too.

After all these years.

And the world is good.

What a beautiful game!

I grew up in England, so have no memory of growing up with baseball. But I still remember the experience of the first time I walked into Tiger Stadium. Walking up the ramps from the pitch blackness under the stands and emerging, blinking, to emerald green grass and a brilliant blue sky. The expanse of the bleachers, the 440 sign, that flagpole. The bullpens in foul territory down the base lines.

Doesn't seem 15 years ago. It's all going by so quickly these days.

Tigerbob my friend; you understand baseball. You get it.

Living now in Australia I know Cricket is the same.

The game does not matter; it is all about childhood dreams and a father next to you. It is all about communal feeling.

Sport makes us kids again.

Beckett kept us in the game we fail to get runners across the plate is the problem we had bases loaded and 2 outs and victor couldn't get anything done.

Beckett if bad would of give us 5-6 earn runs that was not the case. Beckett is getting back on track. You will never ever be able to shut every single game down.

So stop excepting that.

After all these years.

And the world is good.

What a beautiful game!

For your old man, he will always be there. ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaHOahO8qnE]YouTube - John Fogerty - Centerfield (Live in Chicago - 2007)[/ame]

Tigerbob my friend; you understand baseball. You get it.

Living now in Australia I know Cricket is the same.

The game does not matter; it is all about childhood dreams and a father next to you. It is all about communal feeling.

Sport makes us kids again.

Very true. Toro and I both get very tribal about Liverpool Football Club. And some of my favorite memories as a child were of going to watch Lancashire play cricket at Lords.

If fact, my first memory of doing something special with my Dad is when he took me to see Liverpool play Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. We lived in London at the time so I would have been 5 years old or younger. I remember leaping up cheering when Liverpool scored and Dad, surrounded by Chelsea fans, put his hand on my shoulder and said very quietly "Sit down, son".

Memory lane...my old man took me to see Micky Mantle play before he retired in 1967.

I took him to a game in the 80s because he wanted to see the new kid, Mattingly.

The last time we went to a game was 96, because he wanted to see my favorite player live, paul oneil.

NY wins again on Nicky's ninth inning HR to remain 9 in front.

Boston pounds the oriles yet losses ground to a Texas sweep and now only has a 2 game lead on the surging Rangers.

Looks to me like Brad Lidge may lose his closer role. Manuel stayed with him as long as he could, but once again last night he almost blew it. Loaded the bases with one out and a two run lead, against the Nationals no less, and Manuel brings in Madson to finish it. That's the first time he's been yanked during a save opportunity.

Lidge's head isn't right, and I think it's time he takes a break from his role.

Tigs lose when Clete Thomas muffs a catch that would have got us out of the inning then the Royals score the tying and go-ahead runs.

Fortunately chisox and twinkies help us out by losing as well. Sweet!

Jeter ties Lou Gehrig for most hits by a New York Yankee.

As well as getting his 300th career stolen base.

Quite an impressive career

NY wins again on Nicky's ninth inning HR to remain 9 in front.

Boston pounds the oriles yet losses ground to a Texas sweep and now only has a 2 game lead on the surging Rangers.

FOX Sports radio must have played John Sterling's call of that home run about 50 times last night.

That dude is the most annoying, gimmick-y game caller I've ever heard.

Forum List

Back