The 2009 Baseball Season Thread

NY wins again on Nicky's ninth inning HR to remain 9 in front.

Boston pounds the oriles yet losses ground to a Texas sweep and now only has a 2 game lead on the surging Rangers.

FOX Sports radio must have played John Sterling's call of that home run about 50 times last night.

That dude is the most annoying, gimmick-y game caller I've ever heard.
The 'it is high, it is far' shit on every fly ball is worse.

He considers that stuff his 'signature' no matter how annoying it is.

NY wins again on Nicky's ninth inning HR to remain 9 in front.

Boston pounds the oriles yet losses ground to a Texas sweep and now only has a 2 game lead on the surging Rangers.

FOX Sports radio must have played John Sterling's call of that home run about 50 times last night.

sterling flat out sucks.

NY keeps rolling, 4 in the bottom of the 8th.

Texas won again, so Boston needs to win to keep it's 2 game lead over the Rangers.

I saw some talk that if he stays healthy Jeter could challenge Rose for the all time hit lead.

NY keeps rolling, 4 in the bottom of the 8th.

Texas won again, so Boston needs to win to keep it's 2 game lead over the Rangers.

I saw some talk that if he stays healthy Jeter could challenge Rose for the all time hit lead.

how many does jeter have? how old is he?

sterling flat out sucks.
He is ok when he does shows like 'yankeeograpghy' on TV, but for doing a game he is horrible.

And they have Bostonian Suzie 'georgiegirl' Waldman with him, so you get two annoying people at the same time.

I don't even like it when Joe Castiglione refers to Jason Bay as Jay Bay.

I couldn't imagine what it must be like to endure an entire Yankee radio broadcast.

Jeter would have to average about 200 hits per season over the next 7 years to be in the ball park of breaking Pete Rose's record

I'm gonna say not gonna happen...I can't possibly see him getting 200 hits at 39,40,41,42 years old

I think the plan all along was to move Jeter from short to first in the twilight of his career.

Rose had 4256. Is Jeter capable of getting 200 hits per year for another seven years?
It wouldn't be easy but it is possible.

It all depends on how healthy he stays, usually when players hit the high 30s things go wrong.

can he play first base? move a-rod to short? (just an idea). I would think playing shortstop for that long would take its toll.
You forget what team that is.

Tex, the all star gold glover has a 7 year deal is the first basemen, and Arod's days at short are over.

If Jeter has to leave short the outfield is the only option, NY drafted Ramiro pena to be the next SS if Jeets slows down.

I think the plan all along was to move Jeter from short to first in the twilight of his career.
With tex at first?

NY rarely has long term plans, its the ultimate 'shit happens' organization.

Good point.

I thought of that almost immediately after I clicked submit.

You're right in your other post ... he's more likely to play the OF
Makes a lot of sense, he still has a great arm and runs very well, he could make a very good corner OF if SS becomes too rough on him.

There is also DH at times as he gets older.

Congratulations to Derek Jeter for passing Lou Gehrig for most hits by a New York Yankee.

Once again it shows how baseball can bring joy to a city on even the saddest of days.

The Giants have officially mailed in their hopes of reaching the playoffs:(

Last edited:

Forum List

Back