The 8 Poorest states in the nation....What do they have in common?

Well, Maine and New Jersey have second term Republican governors, for one. Is that what you mean?

I don't know where Miss Lass got that list, but several sources claim California to have the 6th largest economy in the world, which I have just posted. Connecticut is hardly fiscally in distress and neither is New York state. She's full of it.

LOL The US is one of the largest economies in the world....what fiscal shape our we in? Oh and my list came from the link at the bottom of my post, dumbass

The USA is the largest economy in world.

China is # 2, but still a long way from the USA.

World's largest economies - CNNMoney

Well, Maine and New Jersey have second term Republican governors, for one. Is that what you mean?

I don't know where Miss Lass got that list, but several sources claim California to have the 6th largest economy in the world, which I have just posted. Connecticut is hardly fiscally in distress and neither is New York state. She's full of it.

LOL The US is one of the largest economies in the world....what fiscal shape our we in? Oh and my list came from the link at the bottom of my post, dumbass

The point is a huge economy doesn't mean one is in good fiscal shape.

CA USED to be 6th. Now it is 9th or 11th depending on who's numbers you believe. Either way, CA is actively killing off the greatest Golden Goose the world has seen since the Spaniards raped the New World.

I see you have refrained from posting links, so let me do that for you:
Reuters is NOT a blog and these stats are from JULY 2016:
California surpasses France as world's sixth-largest economy
It’s official: California grows to 6th-largest world economy
California's economy (maybe) moves to world's sixth largest

I doubt it. Romney being governor of Massachusetts didn't make it a Republican stronghold any more than Chrispie does. NJ is off the charts left wing. I don't know Maine but lived and have family in NJ. They vote in a Republican to try to save themselves from insane spending.
The rural parts of Maine, which is most of the state geographically, are Republican/deep conservative. Most of the population lives in the southern part of the state, though, and they are more Democratic/liberal. 40% of the voters are Independents, and they mean it. You never know which way they'll go.
If we can survive LePage's nervous breakdown, or whatever is going on, I have a feeling we'll be trying out a Democrat next time.

According to CNBC, she ain't all that wrong:

These states face huge budget holes

Right wingers like to pick on Detroit and Chicago as an "example" of how dismal democrats' policies have been in fighting off minorities' economic woes......However, these 8 states are the poorest ones and guess who runs the governors' mansions and state legislatures.....

Mississippi
West Virginia
Arkansas
Alabama
Kentucky
Tennessee
Louisiana
South Carolina

Facts speak for themselves....and speak loudly as to why minorities DO NOT TRUST republican rhetoric...starting with Trump's "what the hell do you have to lose"......

Link...

Detroit and Chicago was rich in manufacturing the south was not in the 1900s...

Detroit is bankrupt illinois would be to if it was legal, all because of unfunded union pension funds.

Sir, the textile mills of the northeast drove the economy in the 19th century, and slave labor worked the plantations that grew the cotton that they processed and sold to Europe.

Yeah? So? That is over 100 years ago numbskull. Amazingly enough the world has changed. Why don't you try and keep up.

If you know how to read I am responding to one of your fellow nitwits about the 19th century. The "1900s" refers the years 1801-1899, in case you don't understand that, either.

Detroit is a Democrat controlled city and has been for nearly 60 years. That single city has more debt than four whole states combined. Deflect all you wish, but that is a fact that is inarguable.

Well, nitwit, back on post #55 your wrote......

So what. Detroit is more fucked up than ALL of the states you listed. Put that in your pipe and smoke it clown boy.

Now, having been taken to the woodshed, you write about Detroit......

"That single city has more debt than four whole states combined."

To help you out a bit, please note that ALL (meaning 8) is slightly bigger than four....

(You can apologize to me later....)

Last edited:
I don't see where I wrote anything about the Civil War.

You made the false and revisionist claim that the textile mills of the North were built on slave labor. In fact, so much did the North turn to France rather than the South, that it is one of the major factors of the civil war.

I think the line of commentary is about areas of economic prosperity of the midwest cities as opposed to the bedrock of the economy which was textiles in New England and New York.

You're spewing stock Marxist idiocy, that the American economy is founded on slave labor. As with virtually anything coming from the left, this is simply not true.

Importing anything, just as it is today, is more expensive than simply stealing humans and making them work for free, now isn't it?

Without slavery the economy of 19th century America would have simply collapsed as there was nothing between the Deep South and New England except farmers raising their own food.

Absurdly false.

You know nothing of economics nor of American history.

Look up "the market revolution" from a source other than Marxists.org (Howard Zinn) and try to actually learn something.

Standard Disclaimer: If you ever do gain actual knowledge, you will no longer be able to be a democrat/Communist. Leftism and facts cannot coexist in the same space-time.

I doubt it. Romney being governor of Massachusetts didn't make it a Republican stronghold any more than Chrispie does. NJ is off the charts left wing. I don't know Maine but lived and have family in NJ. They vote in a Republican to try to save themselves from insane spending.
The rural parts of Maine, which is most of the state geographically, are Republican/deep conservative. Most of the population lives in the southern part of the state, though, and they are more Democratic/liberal. 40% of the voters are Independents, and they mean it. You never know which way they'll go.
If we can survive LePage's nervous breakdown, or whatever is going on, I have a feeling we'll be trying out a Democrat next time.
Could be it's just the libs doing what libs do and hyperventilating over Republicans for failing to be liberal enough.

She ain't all that right either:
From the article:
"Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Jersey are coping with even bigger problems thanks to large accumulated debts, underfunded pensions and looming deficits, among other measures of fiscal health, the researchers found in an analysis of the latest state financial statements available."""

You're dealing with a dimwit that thinks because an economy is huge it's in good shape. Left turds will never understand deficits, budgets or debt

I don't see where I wrote anything about the Civil War.

You made the false and revisionist claim that the textile mills of the North were built on slave labor. In fact, so much did the North turn to France rather than the South, that it is one of the major factors of the civil war.

I think the line of commentary is about areas of economic prosperity of the midwest cities as opposed to the bedrock of the economy which was textiles in New England and New York.

You're spewing stock Marxist idiocy, that the American economy is founded on slave labor. As with virtually anything coming from the left, this is simply not true.

Importing anything, just as it is today, is more expensive than simply stealing humans and making them work for free, now isn't it?

Without slavery the economy of 19th century America would have simply collapsed as there was nothing between the Deep South and New England except farmers raising their own food.

Absurdly false.

You know nothing of economics nor of American history.

Look up "the market revolution" from a source other than Marxists.org (Howard Zinn) and try to actually learn something.

Standard Disclaimer: If you ever do gain actual knowledge, you will no longer be able to be a democrat/Communist. Leftism and facts cannot coexist in the same space-time.

Why don't you find it and post a link instead of just bleating? Proving your case is up to you, not me.

Right wingers like to pick on Detroit and Chicago as an "example" of how dismal democrats' policies have been in fighting off minorities' economic woes......However, these 8 states are the poorest ones and guess who runs the governors' mansions and state legislatures.....

Mississippi
West Virginia
Arkansas
Alabama
Kentucky
Tennessee
Louisiana
South Carolina

Facts speak for themselves....and speak loudly as to why minorities DO NOT TRUST republican rhetoric...starting with Trump's "what the hell do you have to lose"......

So you're for more government because you think the poor need it and then you attack the poor for not wanting it?

:wtf:

Sounds like you're in it for you, doesn't it?

From the article:
"Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Jersey are coping with even bigger problems thanks to large accumulated debts, underfunded pensions and looming deficits, among other measures of fiscal health, the researchers found in an analysis of the latest state financial statements available."""

Dingbat reinforces what we are trying to explain to her. Good grief

You're dealing with a dimwit that thinks because an economy is huge it's in good shape. Left turds will never understand deficits, budgets or debt

If your list was anywhere accurate this country would be in a recession rivaling 2008.

From the article:

Dingbat reinforces what we are trying to explain to her. Good grief

Your list was much longer than 3 states, dear. Maybe you can't count, either.

In Mississippi, the poverty rate is driven by the black population. Is it your claim that blacks in Mississippi vote Republican, gnat?

Well, maybe the good, white leadership in MS can go back and treat the black population as 3/5ths?

Listen moron, the GOP governor and legislature in MS are NOT THERE TO JUST SERVE THEIR WHITE CITIZENS...

Mississippi
West Virginia
Arkansas
Alabama
Kentucky
Tennessee
Louisiana
South Carolina

Here are some facts for you, you ill informed Libtard, everyone of those "poor states" are agricultural. They grow the food you shove into your ungrateful pie hole. They don't have the light industry or high tech positions to provide jobs and income. Mostly they have minimum wage jobs excluding a handful of professionals. I grew up in SC which used to be the textile center of the world. Thanks to the EPA, IRS and labor laws those once mighty factories are now located over seas and the buildings are either vacant or are used by flea markets.

Mississippi
West Virginia
Arkansas
Alabama
Kentucky
Tennessee
Louisiana
South Carolina

Link...

Detroit and Chicago was rich in manufacturing the south was not in the 1900s...

Detroit is bankrupt illinois would be to if it was legal, all because of unfunded union pension funds.

Sir, the textile mills of the northeast drove the economy in the 19th century, and slave labor worked the plantations that grew the cotton that they processed and sold to Europe.

Yeah? So? That is over 100 years ago numbskull. Amazingly enough the world has changed. Why don't you try and keep up.

If you know how to read I am responding to one of your fellow nitwits about the 19th century. The "1900s" refers the years 1801-1899, in case you don't understand that, either.

Are you a foreigner or something?

The 19th century refers to the time period 1800 ~ 1899

I'm surprised an Obama hater would post something like this. I think the Republicans were predicting doom way before the summer of 2016, hmmmm?

Forum List

Back