The American melting pot has stopped assimilating immigrants the way it once did

Nope, you are wrong. New York from the 1840s to the 1880s was far worst, as was Chicago from the Civil War to WWI.

This idea is absurd. Immigrants assimilate just fine into America today, I would say it is even easier now than it was the past. Gosh some of you people are drama queens.

Last edited:

Identity Politics and PC have destroyed the melting pot concept.

E Pluribus Unum is dead.

Now it's group vs. group.

Newsflash for you. It's always been group vs group.
Not like this.

Correct, at times it's been much worse
Great, we'll just have to disagree.

Nope, you are wrong. New York from the 1840s to the 1880s was far worst, as was Chicago from the Civil War to WWI.

Exactly, read The Gangs of New York.

Conservatives have been raising the "immigrants aren't assimilating" hysteria for years and I've seen very little evidence of it. Las Vegas has a huge immigrant population. My son's school is full of Hispanic, Filipino, and Asian kids and I have yet to meet one of them who's first language isn't English despite their parents being immigrants. Same at the Martial Arts gym I train at. The kids classes I sometimes help out at are mostly non-white students and all of them speak English as their first language even if some of their parents struggle with it a bit.

While I have read occasional news articles of schools wanting more funding to teach immigrant children English, it's not a wide spread problem and it's hardly anything recent. My grandmother's family came here from Italy when she was just a few years old and she had to repeat the first grade because she still spoke primarily Italian and didn't know English well enough. That was all the way back in the 1930s.

Conservatives have been raising the "immigrants aren't assimilating" hysteria for years and I've seen very little evidence of it. Las Vegas has a huge immigrant population. My son's school is full of Hispanic, Filipino, and Asian kids and I have yet to meet one of them who's first language isn't English despite their parents being immigrants. Same at the Martial Arts gym I train at. The kids classes I sometimes help out at are mostly non-white students and all of them speak English as their first language even if some of their parents struggle with it a bit.

While I have read occasional news articles of schools wanting more funding to teach immigrant children English, it's not a wide spread problem and it's hardly anything recent. My grandmother's family came here from Italy when she was just a few years old and she had to repeat the first grade because she still spoke primarily Italian and didn't know English well enough. That was all the way back in the 1930s.

oh so it's just conservatives. ok
I'm putting down from what I'VE been seeing over my 60 years. but you can blame whoever you want

Yep, pretty much. You people are terrified of an America that will be majority brown some day.

The valley will be majority brown in fifty years here.

Texas has adapted very well to the coming invitability of the Hispanic domination eventually in culture and politics.

The darkening of America is a fact.

Last edited:

Yep, pretty much. You people are terrified of an America that will be majority brown some day.

You Were doing so well right up until you posted that stupid shit.

no kidding. dear gawd almighty. He's usually more sensible than that

It's the truth. If the 12 million illegals in this country were Canadian, British, French, etc. there'd hardly be an outcry

It's the truth. If the 12 million illegals in this country were Canadian, British, French, etc. there'd hardly be an outcry

BS, it is the flood of Illegals coming freely over our boarders that is the Outcry about...a country who can't have some control over it's borders is bound to suffer or die eventually. another thing is they are refusing to Assimilate like they did years ago...they are being told they DON'T HAVE TO..... and there isn't ENOUGH jobs now for 92. million Legal citizens out of work now

It's the truth.

It's empty, partisan bullshit, and you just reduced yourself to irrelevancy. You get thrown in the playpen with all the other mindless, partisan drones. Congratulations.

BS, it is the flood of Illegals coming freely over our boarders that is the Outcry about...a country who can't have some control over it's borders is bound to suffer or die eventually. another thing is they are refusing to Assimilate like they did years ago...they are being told they DON'T HAVE TO..... and there isn't ENOUGH jobs now for 92. million Legal citizens out of work now

As I've already pointed out, the "they aren't assimilating" is nothing more than xenophobic propaganda.

It's the truth.

It's empty, partisan bullshit, and you just reduced yourself to irrelevancy. You get thrown in the playpen with all the other mindless, partisan drones. Congratulations.

I can't be partisan by very definition as I belong to no political party. I'm a registered independent.

As I've already pointed out, the "they aren't assimilating" is nothing more than xenophobic propaganda.

A misconception as much the product of liberalism (at least!) as anything else. Enjoy the playpen with the other mindless children.

It's the truth.

I can't be partisan by very definition as I belong to no political party. I'm a registered independent.

I'll do you the favor of assuming you were trying to be 'cute,' because no one could be that stupid.

when they have nothing else. they resort to screeching: you're just a partisan hack xenophobe or what the hell ever stupid names they can zing at you

childish

Forum List

Back